UH-60 Pack A3

RC59
- Added a UAV, the MQ-37. It is strictly a cargo-carrying drone and can lift 2000 kg, or a Cherokee Container, as well as some light vehicles (Offroads, but not an Offroad UP model). NOTE: Despite some checks the drone is largely invulnerable to fire, and you can walk through it. I'll work on it as time goes on though, as once I figure out the nuances of the game, I'll upload an update.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/115OdtkMe92pKqMopE11PdhP0r_bhvooJ/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

Just some updates. I finally figured out the Ht-points selection in a 3D model for the game. Took my awhile but now the MQ-37 tends to take damage. I also looked at the AH-96 and redid those hitpoints too. Now you won't have a tail rotor broken when the missile hits you in the rear (though I'm sure you can't tell anyway), but now it's more realistic for the helicopter. The MQ-37 I just blew up worked too for damage at least. So in the meantime for the UH-60 pack the other helos are fine, and should be decent for damage and the like. The MQ-17s I have to work on too, but more or less the next update they'll be better when taking damage and the like.

I noticed a glitch with my UH-60 doors. For some reason, they're opening halfway (but still allowing you to shoot), I think it's 2.16 or something happened, because they were working fine before... I tried some things to fix it, but so far no luck. Will update when and if I fix it.

G'day @EricJ,

That's a bummer. Hope you can manage to figure it out.

Keep up the great work!

20 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day @EricJ,

That's a bummer. Hope you can manage to figure it out.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks, but after some mucking around, no luck Maybe they will get enough complaints and fix it. Then again I should submit a ticket for it though.

Just an update, I like RobJ's "Pilot CH-67" mission, and I've adapted it for the MH-92 (Insertion). The problem is that RobJ is unreachable lately, but I did send him a message asking if I can upload the mission for use with the UH-60 A3 mod. Generally, the missions in the original mission are able to be done by the MH-82 (Insertion). So far it'll be an SP/MP Co-op mission and while it does have some issues (I haven't gotten TAW_vd in MP for some reason that I don't know how to do. If somebody knows how let me know as it is set up properly, just when I run it as a mission in LAN it doesn't show up, but does in a custom mission I play). Overall it works, but I need his permission to upload as I intended it for personal use, due to AI issues, I made it an MP mission, and so it functions as one right now. Again this is all dependent on RobJ letting me upload it, and if he does I'll post a link here for the mission. Other than that it will require the Helicopter DLC for slingload, and the UH-60 A3 mod. I don't believe in missions that require a lot of mods to be able to play, makes life easier for everybody.

• Like 1

Was doing a search for the FFV positions, and trying to figure out why the AI soldiers go for the FFV positions on my helos, specifically the MH-92 and seeing if it is something I can fix to allow the AI to take the Co-Pilot, and door gunner positions. Well I was looking in the Hummingbird config and found a couple entries that caught my eye. They were related to radar size and IR emissions. Well I thought that they would be a good addition to the MH-80, which is supposed to be a stealth helicopter. Well I applied the values and went up against a Tigris. The result? It'll gun you down if you get too close, but you won't eat a missile though from far off. Which is good because you think a stealth helicopter would have some sort of suppression against radar and IR target in the scheme of things (I'm wondering why the devs didn't implement that in the first place, and why the Ghost Hawk is used by line units, I will never know the reasoning for that). Anyway the hunt goes on, but thought I would share it though, as it does work.

UH60 Pack A3

RC61
- Requires Game version 2.16
- Tweaked values for the MH-80. The Tigris will no longer launch missiles at the helicopter. However, it will visually spot you and engage you with its cannons if you get close enough. It is also to not be engaged by the Cronus radar and the Rhea missile system.
- Fixed a config entry for the containers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/118ychdPVw3w2_vbY0qcBhcCnNY_R4rSJ/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Okay I was wrong with the MH-80, it can be locked on by the Cronus (apparently I didn't set the SAM system up right before). I think it won't fire as a recent test (like a minute ago of posting this) it locked on to me, but didn't fire. That may be the case with the stealth settings of the MH-80. I don't know how it will react to other SAMs (I don't have a SAM pack to test this) so results can vary.

• Like 1

Thanks to Lexx on Discord (Rotator's Collective), I decided to make a PMC Orca, since most would think that they would be allowed to have it. Given it's an OPFOR unit, I decided that the PO-30 would be a good addition for the Black River PMC faction I created:

wip1959.jpg

More work, not much other than adding "Black River" on the sides of the helo. I wish I could do it on the Blackhawk, but the only luck I have is the company insignia 😞

wip1960.jpg

wip1961.jpg

UH-60 Pack A3

RC62
- Added IR suppression values to the TF160 MH-92s
- Added a Black River PMC PO-30 Orca with a custom texture, with thanks to Lexx from the Rotator's Collective Discord server.
- Increased flare/chaff capacity for the MH-92s
- Fixed some entries for the MH-92 (Insertion)
- Possibly fixed an issue with Dedicated servers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11DkuV7t9JnMITK20g2xm2JB1b1HLzSzH/view?usp=sharing

I was working on getting the M134s to use real ammo, but overall I had issues, so unless I figure out some stuff, I won't be doing real M134 ballistics and the like, until I figure out what to do to fix the issues.

In addition, I've also think I've gotten the wheels down on the UH-60 mod. That's been a gripe of some players, and I managed to skid on the ground with an updated version. I'm seeing what a user has to say about Dedicated Server issues (it's slowed up, maybe RC62 fixed it as the only major change was the requirement for version 2.16. I may just leave it at requiring 2.14 (that's what the mod sits at now anyway), but from a prior experience you will need the latest version of the game, even though I don't do Reaction Forces compatibility for it. I hope that was the issue, but nobody else had complained about it, so we'll see.

Decided to trick out the Protector SMGs that the Black River PMC uses. I also made some crew members for the helos so that's an additional archetype to mess with, for the Black River and Raven Warfare Group. I'm debating whether or not to give the same loadout to the crew members, but may just give it as a "perk", and so on.

wip1962.jpg

G'day @EricJ,

Glad to hear you're still upgrading things.

Have you considered adding magwell compatibility to your weapons pack? Is it difficult to add magwell compatability to weapons?

Keep up the great work.

No, and probably won't, given the intricacies of various models and the like. It's a good idea, but somewhat impractical with the new magazine proxies. I'd like to, but that's reason enough not to do it. I've been toying with the idea of making a Reaction Forces version of the weapons pack, to take advantage mainly of the RC40 drone, but that's something I need to think about before going through the configs and the like.

Doing some expansion of the Black River PMC faction that comes with the UH-60 mod. First up is a typical infantry squad (as listed under OPFOR/Black River PMC, and a UAV Operator. I made a custom version of the Stomper UGV (no armed version, just a "mule" version for the soldiers and the like). Here are some pictures. I didn't have the UAV operator with the squad in the initial shot, but I will add him to the mix for the meantime.

wip1963.jpg

wip1964.jpg

UH-60 A3

RC63
- Tweaked IR suppression values on the MH-80, MH-92s
- Using the BIS Sample model, hopefully, made the wheels on the helos able to roll now
- Fixed right side M134 minigun optic views on the MH/UH-92s
- Added Heli crewmembers for the Black River and Raven Warfare Group units
- Tweaked distance LODs of the MH/UH-92s
- Added a Black River PMC Infantry Squad to the Compositions list
- Added a modded Stomper UGV to be used as a "mule" for the Black River PMC. Also added a UAV operator for the Black River faction
- Cleaned up the MH/UH-92 models
- Added IR suppression values for the MH-67
- Added some animations to the MH/UH-92s

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11KxTJ27P9RJjGBoWPF4bXgO47stGZlGP/view?usp=sharing

Here's the SP version of "Pilot MH-92 Cherokee" It does require my UH-60 A3 mod. While the Jets DLC is mentioned, it's for the SAM system at the airfield. Most of the heavy lifting has been done by RobJ and so on, so I appreciate him letting me mod and upload it. For some reason it's listed as Multiplayer, when it's not MP capable. So it's a fault of the editor upload system, not me.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=3241182982

And here's the MP version. Right now it's limited to four players, because most of the time, it's kinda boring but the SAR missions might be a little fun, but other than that, not much to it. The randomization hasn't been tested at the start of the mission, so there might be an issue, don't know as I didn't see any issue as the pilot slot is the main slot for the pilot to fly. Other than that the heavy work was done by RobJ and so on:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=3241186921