Sign in to follow this  
alduric

Chernarus port from samples

yea but the point here is that the textures aren't in the pack but instead inside the arma 2 files that can only be acquired though purchasing the game, i think. so by saying "The purpose of this package is to clearly identify which game data is licensed for public use" they are saying you can release chernarus as long as you remake all the textures and don't use any of the original ones. which is really lame if you ask me.

They're in the pack with the binarized pbos, not in the pack (zip file(s)) with the sample models. So I'm not sure if they are free to use, and if so, why BIS included binarized pbos in the first place. I guess that's what I really don't understand.

wel, isn't all included in arma 2 samples, free to use on arma engine anyway? Why would they put something in there, what we are not allowed to use?

wel, isn't all included in arma 2 samples, free to use on arma engine anyway? Why would they put something in there, what we are not allowed to use?

yea i tend to agree. i think they have some other reasons to also include the binarized stuff. having the textures accessible without owning arma 2 probably means you can port chernarus fully. which would be great!

EDIT: ok to make this clear. are satellite texture AND textures of the objects included in the samples?

Maybe the binarized files are to provide the textures etc for those who don't own the games in question?

Okay i talked with DnA, we booth waiting for answer from someone "higher".

At this point, mod is finished and ready to eventualy Release. I menage to make Chernarus and Utes 100% working, with A3 Lights, proper night sky/day sky. Shaders, buildings, roads, forests - all working.

Mod is called @A3CM - ArmA 3 Chernarus Mod

Little screen:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/6682/r7cl.jpg (549 kB)

(Units and cars from Arma Samples Mod - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169068-ASM-Arma-Samples-Mod )

When DnA respond me with news (hope good one for us all) I will update info.

Edited by Alduric

Okay we can close thread, i have permision to do it :) Cyu soon in Completed mods thread.

before it gets locked, can you use less colorful tint, looks to bright and colorful, for easterneurope country.