Sign in to follow this  
wedge123

What Objects would you want to see for Visitor??

Hi,

Just wanted to get a thread going before i really get stuck into what im doing.

This is not a request thread in any way, shape or form ..... but think of it more like this....

Regular evening, sitting editing your terrain and trying to make that town/industrial sector/farm look as sexy as possible,

when you think to yourself...

"hmmmm......if only i had a _______ that would make it look the shiz!!!!"

I hope you guys understand what im getting at.

Sensible suggestions would be most helpful as i have, obviously, got a lot of ideas of my own and have started a few projects. Overall categorys are fine ie winter, farmland, new town objects...you get the idea.

And just to clarify this is about placing a pack of objects in visitor to populate a landmass and not individual 02 objects.

Any feedback most welcome

Thanks

Wedge

I would love to see a vegetation resource pack covering all kind of climate zones and seasons that could be used as a requirement for community made maps.

Edited by PrivateEvans

Wood chipper!

Is that to go along with your Steve buscemi model :)

I suggest you first get the idea of what kind of " pack"?

For example you say winter-pack Objects. Then I could make a suggestion of snowy vegitation and a Snowman with a Ak ;)

Me personaly need alot of ww2-pacific Objects for my islands ;)

Winter Objects would be good also some military gates that open and then fence to go with it

I would love to see a vegetation resource pack covering all kind of climate zones ans seasons that could be used as a requirement for community made maps.

This. Since i'm not such a money-bag, if someone, who has Silvador, would make huge europe vegetation pack -- that would be great.

This. Since i'm not such a money-bag, if someone, who has Silvador, would make huge europe vegetation pack -- that would be great.

I am hoping for the official and community made A2 plant resources to be ported over. Including the A3 stuff this would give us nearly all kinds of vegeatation :-).

I would love to see a vegetation resource pack covering all kind of climate zones and seasons that could be used as a requirement for community made maps.

I second that. Though THESE workquite ok...

well i think vegetation is something everybody wants and unfortunatly its one of the hardest things to do well.

This was more about hard objects rather than soft foliage.

Heres some questions for anyone who has a say :-)

-Have we seen enough middle eastern/afghani maps to last 5 lifetimes?? (i dont want to spend 2 months making adobe houses if everyone goes..."uh..another middle east terrain"

-How high is a winter island/terrain on everybodys agenda?? (i know its quite high on mine :- look at what i was woking on for Arma lol HERE and that was just foliage reskins and unit reskins. wow that was a long time ago)

-Another favourite mod of mine was the farmland mod..anyone remember it?? well i had made some really nice terrain using that but never actually released them. Personally i would love to see something of that nature again.

It included farmhouses,walls, working windmills, grain silos etc.... Does this interest the terrain community??

- and heres a few crazy things i have written down

Cartel Mod

[table=width: 400" ;border="1]

[tr]Cartel Mod

[td]Drug Lord mansion[/td]

[td]Drug making facilities[/td]

[td]marajuana/poppy plant/[/td]

[td]Field placement for either of the above[/td]

[td]swimming pool[/td]

[td]Slum buildings for workers[/td]

[td]Stacks 'o' cash and piles 'o' coke lol[/td]

[td]just need some help with the rottweiler ;-)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Countryside

[table=width: 400" border="1]

[tr]

[td]Farm buildings[/td]

[td]windmills etc[/td]

[td]selection of walls and fences[/td]

[td]hay buildings,bales etc[/td]

[td]garden centre(long greenhouses)[/td]

[td]Golf course! (yes you heard me :-)[/td]

[td]selection of Village buildings[/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Other crazy stuff

[table=width: 400" border="1]

[tr]other crazy stuff

[td]Japanese[/td]

[td]Airport[/td]

[td]Shopping mall[/td]

[td]Football stadium...more like local not wembly ;-)[/td]

[td]Raceway[/td]

[td]oil rig (which i think would be frickin awesome)[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

So what theme is Arma3 craving. Even if its the same as what we have just more variety?

I just wanted to decide on what I was going to do And to make sure I let people have a say. Also if I do this in stages I have to prioritise.

Wedge

Edited by wedge123

+1 for oil rig.

I suggest ruins, diffrent kind of blasted ruin buildings.

Want to build a new Stalingrad maby ;) or a ww3 nuked island.

Yeah, ruins always come in handy and in generally a doddle to make.

Added to the list of doom ;)

Nothing wrong with a middle eastern terrain.

But this thread is more of an add on request. BI only has assets from their stuff for us to use, they don't make more normally.

Doom´s day Object pack = All kind of objects you can think of but they all destroyed or damage of the " WAR ". So we all can build our own " Walking dead island" or City of ruins.

Add blasted/damage/destroyed skyscrapers too

ok so i have sort of started on a couple of things...

Like i said in the beginning i didnt want this to be an object specific request thread as that is not the intention and i would have put it in the 02 forum.I am trying to do something else....

So today i thought to myself, when previously building terrains, i always wanted a bigger variety of sidewalks for the towns i make so not every town looks the same.

And thats the kind of thing i mean. Nice big pack of varied sidewalks for terrain builders to use not tied down to a specific theme.

So are there any suggestions from anyone for anything that they would like more variation??

Wether it be walls, fences, houses or even accessary type items for the finer detailing

ANYTHING EXCEPT VEGETATION :mad:;):D

Wedge

ok so i have sort of started on a couple of things...

Like i said in the beginning i didnt want this to be an object specific request thread as that is not the intention and i would have put it in the 02 forum.I am trying to do something else....

So today i thought to myself, when previously building terrains, i always wanted a bigger variety of sidewalks for the towns i make so not every town looks the same.

And thats the kind of thing i mean. Nice big pack of varied sidewalks for terrain builders to use not tied down to a specific theme.

So are there any suggestions from anyone for anything that they would like more variation??

Wether it be walls, fences, houses or even accessary type items for the finer detailing

ANYTHING EXCEPT VEGETATION :mad:;):D

Wedge

Well, vegetation is at first place atm)

At the second place is... yep, exactly walls fences and houses. Thousands of them.

lots of walls, houses, vegetaion ^^, airport stuff, military base stuff, some nice fountains, Hotels, small huds, wracks,ambient objects, nice docks for boats, submarine docks, missile facilities, road objects ........ and many many more ;-)

How about some trees that actually dont drop the fps horribly like the leave trees in Arma 2 :/.

Overall just some trees that are light to run on the game so there can be lots of trees in a map, so BIG forested areas could be made without a huge fps drop.

I dont think the trees need to look absolutely amazing, but then again I wouldnt want minecraft trees on my map. Just trees that can be light on the performance hit.

Also just some typical countryside enterable houses, yes Arma 2 has a lot of countryside houses but not enterable and ones that are, dont have much of a good interior. Detailed furniture can be added later but to make the houses more realistic by having more than just 2 rooms in them.

I would like to suggest

HAZARDOUS MATERIAL

Thinking of objects that create an instinct of fear in us and would allow intense mission creation. Here's my list so far:

- castor transport

- rocket silo

- rocket sites chemical or nuke

- biohazard labs

- biohazard transparent plastic tubes to walk through

- biohazard or radiation warning signs

- hazard suits

- gas masks

- nuclear powerplant

- yellow nuclear waste barrels

- dead cow

- dead crows on floor

- cages for animal testing

- newspaper with catastrophic headlines

How about some trees that actually dont drop the fps horribly like the leave trees in Arma 2 :/.

Overall just some trees that are light to run on the game so there can be lots of trees in a map, so BIG forested areas could be made without a huge fps drop.

I dont think the trees need to look absolutely amazing, but then again I wouldnt want minecraft trees on my map. Just trees that can be light on the performance hit.

So like I said I'm not really doing trees, mainly because any skills I have are more in architecture than soft foliage etc

Everyone wants trees.....I want trees... And bushes and hedge rows and.....all of the above in autumn and winter :)

We need to enlist the help of someone who's done it before and if the wanted to collaborate that would be cool.

Also just some typical countryside enterable houses, yes Arma 2 has a lot of countryside houses but not enterable and ones that are, dont have much of a good interior. Detailed furniture can be added later but to make the houses more realistic by having more than just 2 rooms in them.

We'll this is something I am trying to do as of now. The thing is it takes anywhere from 5-10 times longer to model a building with an interior. It is my preference to do this but it could hinder the quantity of buildings released..... However that said if it was generally agreed on this thread that non interactive buildings are of no interest then I would take that into full consideration and keep the non enter able buildings to a serious minimum.

So let me know what u guys think .....

Hazard stuff is a nice idea = added to list of ideas

Wedge

So like I said I'm not really doing trees, mainly because any skills I have are more in architecture than soft foliage etc

Everyone wants trees.....I want trees... And bushes and hedge rows and.....all of the above in autumn and winter :)

We need to enlist the help of someone who's done it before and if the wanted to collaborate that would be cool.

We'll this is something I am trying to do as of now. The thing is it takes anywhere from 5-10 times longer to model a building with an interior. It is my preference to do this but it could hinder the quantity of buildings released..... However that said if it was generally agreed on this thread that non interactive buildings are of no interest then I would take that into full consideration and keep the non enter able buildings to a serious minimum.

So let me know what u guys think .....

Hazard stuff is a nice idea = added to list of ideas

Wedge

Yeah well, quality over quantity for me. I feel like there is not enough custom enterable buildings around. Sure it is great that BI decided to make pretty much everything enterable in arma 3, however those mediterranian buildings wont fit in maps with cold climate obviously.

I would like to see buildings that add to the gameplay experience, allows for unique interesting gameplay, adds detail/life to the environment and can be used in most maps. A perfect example is an oil rig, as mentioned earlier.

Going along with the maritime trend i would like to see a large cargo freighter, preferably enterable to some degree. Could be used in anti-piracy mission for instance, or simply add some detail to larger harbors.

Everything from car dealerships to schools would be awesome, Altis is beautiful but still miss interesting buildings.