sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

After updating to last patch. I'm unable to use the "check others" button. Only checked on AI. Is this not an option anymore? I havent changed my controls...

Also, is there a way to have enemy AI not be affected by the mod. The seem to be unrealistically hard to kill.

Edited by kennyleif

Bit unfair research brother. This mod is about improved medical systems, therefore you must understand it is accounting for multiple variables, not simply the combat medics role. For example a flight medic may carry blood (O neg) via an GHC refrigerator in an aeromedical evacuation helicopter. SOF medics in reality may perform field transfusions, you may have heard of it as direct or buddy transfusions. I wouldn't say replace it, I would say add onto it with the other crystalloids and colloids that could 'replace' it. When you're at a static treatment facility, you could do so there, right? Don't go on strict operational capacity only, that's up to the player and community using the mod. :)

Rarely will you see a field transfusion due to many reasons. I am not saying it isn't possible but the reality is we don't see many groups running a medical unit in the rear, it's sticks to combat medics in the field. Would it be nice to have both and possibly have the blood go bad after 30-45 minutes sure. I am not against new stuff. I also am not against his setup but epi pens are kinda the worst choice back in arma 2 and we could rename it another drug for a bit more authenticity.

Don't get me wrong everyone loves the new medical system compared to plain jane arma. It would be awesome if you guys could collaborate and bring your stuff over (hint hint), but anyone whos a shooter will cringe and certain things like hearing the word "clip" etc, and my medic buddies are doing the same. Just thought it would help him not disrespect the work.

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

specify what exactly you think needs a rebalancing

also

you all need to make a move on this (as this is something i cant make vary : /)

Bandage weight poll

Morphine/Epinephrine weight poll

Defi weight poll

MediKit weight poll

not sure if i should add a poll for bloodbags and tourniquet too

ask me to do if you want to

hf voting

X39

I love you are voting could you give us a comparison to say a magazine. That might help for some better voting!

Rarely will you see a field transfusion due to many reasons. I am not saying it isn't possible but the reality is we don't see many groups running a medical unit in the rear, it's sticks to combat medics in the field. Would it be nice to have both and possibly have the blood go bad after 30-45 minutes sure. I am not against new stuff. I also am not against his setup but epi pens are kinda the worst choice back in arma 2 and we could rename it another drug for a bit more authenticity.

Rarity makes little difference in ArmA. That's up to the mission maker. Betcha with medical modifications being expanded, we will see more medical unit capabilities grow, especially in big communities and clans. Yes, epinephrine is possibly the worst drug in all medical mods. Makes me puke. :D I said to X39 in PM that other options would be better, which actually do the job of 'reawakening the unconscious' to a degree, so it could be renamed. We'll see what happens.

Hi...

That's hell of a nice job you've done there! I love this one!

But i got a few things to say, hope you don't mind.

It would be a lot easier for mission makers (with lack of knowlage in scripting like me) if they could use some or most of the variables by changeing them in the xMedSys-module.

- X39_MedSys_LifeTime: Dropdown menu to choose time (60-120-180-240-300-360-420-480-540-600sec)

- X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartingBlood: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartBloodAtMinDamageValueX: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death: Dropdown menu to choose time (60-120-180-240-300-360-420-480-540-600sec)

- X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout: Dropdown menu to choose time (60-120-180-240-300-360-420-480-540-600sec)

Also nice would be:

- Closing the MedSysMenu after hitting the assigned key a second time

- Possibility to change the size and the possition of the medical overlay and the MedSysMenu

Will there be a script version also avaliable to add the system to a mission?

Greez, and keep the good work going!

From the devReadMe.txt:

So you want to use the XEventSystem without an addon?
Well that easy to realize :F
Just unPBO the addon and put everything to your mission folder (!MISSION FOLDER! Addons need to be created through refering to this modification!).
After you did, you just need to use the following commands to initialize the mod:
{
	_res = [nil] execVM "\X39_EventSystem_Core\X39_EventSystem\createFunctions.sqf";
	_res = [nil] execVM "\X39_EventSystem_Core\X39_EventSystem\Functions\initMod.sqf";
}
NOW you can use the mod as usual ^^
have fun

Also! I would love this feature as well:

Just a quick question. How come you didn't use the CBAs function for menus and so on? They have a nice system for it that is easy to use.

Hi...

That's hell of a nice job you've done there! I love this one!

But i got a few things to say, hope you don't mind.

It would be a lot easier for mission makers (with lack of knowlage in scripting like me) if they could use some or most of the variables by changeing them in the xMedSys-module.

- X39_MedSys_LifeTime: Dropdown menu to choose time (60-120-180-240-300-360-420-480-540-600sec)

- X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartingBlood: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Bleeding_StartBloodAtMinDamageValueX: Dropdown menu to choose percentage

- X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death: Dropdown menu to choose time (60-120-180-240-300-360-420-480-540-600sec)

- X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout: Dropdown menu to choose time (60-120-180-240-300-360-420-480-540-600sec)

Also nice would be:

- Possibility to change the size and the possition of the medical overlay and the MedSysMenu

im already started to play around more with the module system but still dont exactly figured out how they work :F

Also its planned for next update to let the medSys menu be closed simply by pressing the same button twice

the only thing which is not planned yet is the position change (as i need a hook into the main menu first for this ^^)

but as this week is christmas i havent did anything to the mod yet (and dont plan to continue work till next week 2.1.2014)

X39 If you want help with coding or graphics, i would love to assist.

feel free to join the development

either as "freelancer" or perma dev ^^

conditions are pretty easy

add me in steam and we can chat about that more :F

Thx for the quick response, and no big deal about not working on christmas :D Take your time...

One last thing to mention: could you add the drag and carry funktion to the scroll-menu? Imagine a big firefight, bullets passing by only inches above your hat and your're stuck in the menu searching the drag funktion... Takes a bit too long...

@Pellejones

Sorry, must have over read the part with the script version/ability... Thx for the advice!

Thx for the quick response, and no big deal about not working on christmas :D Take your time...

One last thing to mention: could you add the drag and carry funktion to the scroll-menu? Imagine a big firefight, bullets passing by only inches above your hat and your're stuck in the menu searching the drag funktion... Takes a bit too long...

@Pellejones

Sorry, must have over read the part with the script version/ability... Thx for the advice!

It is possible to add it to the action menu but the only few ways i know to do it like so is to add an extra watch thread for this (which would consume more performance)

maybe something like a shortcut would be a better idea here ^^

so yeah i will add it to the list

Ok, i'm kinda lost...

So you want to use the XEventSystem without an addon?

Well that easy to realize :F

Just unPBO the addon and put everything to your mission folder (!MISSION FOLDER! Addons need to be created through refering to this modification!).

After you did, you just need to use the following commands to initialize the mod:

{

_res = [nil] execVM "\X39_EventSystem_Core\X39_EventSystem\createFunctions.sqf";

_res = [nil] execVM "\X39_EventSystem_Core\X39_EventSystem\Functions\initMod.sqf";

}

NOW you can use the mod as usual ^^

have fun

First, what pbo's? I got the items, ressources, scripting, settings and uis...

Second, what should the folder structure look like?

I would like to have a clean structures like

• <Mission Folder>
    • <Folder 1>
    • <Folder 2>
    • <Folder X>
    • <X39>
    • description.ext
    • init.sqf
    • mission.sqm

and not all the scripts in one chaos folder. Can i do this somehow with the XMedSys without killing it?

My goal is to keep the downloads on additional Mods pretty low to keep it simple for players to join the server. Hope you know what i mean?

The folder structure is going to be:

• <mission>

• <Folder 1>

• <Folder 2>

• <Folder 3>

• <X39_EventSystem_Core>

• <x39_medsys_items>

• <x39_medsys_ressources>

• <x39_medsys_scripting>

• <x39_medsys_settings>

• <x39_medsys_uis>

• mission.sqm

• description.ext

• init.sqf

All the scripts will automatically be in the folders.

Ah ok, THX!

And all i have to to from now is to call the XMedSys from the init.sqf with

_res = [nil] execVM "\X39_EventSystem_Core\X39_EventSystem\createFunct ions.sqf";

_res = [nil] execVM "\X39_EventSystem_Core\X39_EventSystem\Functions\i nitMod.sqf";

right?

Ah ok, THX!

And all i have to to from now is to call the XMedSys from the init.sqf with

right?

You dont need to do anything new for the xeventsystem ( in current implementation its not even used but i forgot to cut it out of the changelog : /)

Dont worry about requirements :F i will say when i break old missions

If you got questions about only the xeventsystem ( regardless of xmedsys ) please post them in the right thread

+

Next patch is going to be released soon

So

Happy new year guys from gmt +1

Greets and happy new years, X39, just wanted to say that I recently tried this out in one of my missions and love the mod. I couldn't imagine going back to vanilla after playing with this. Excellent job adding a whole new level of immersion in the game, and thanks again for all your great work.

Ok X39, you convinced me... I'll stick to the mod version :D

But keep in mind, if you offer a script version also, the chances to be a part aof a bigger collection like similar to ACE could increase. I think this mod got the potential to be some kind of next "ace-woundings" :D

Ok X39, you convinced me... I'll stick to the mod version :D

But keep in mind, if you offer a script version also, the chances to be a part aof a bigger collection like similar to ACE could increase. I think this mod got the potential to be some kind of next "ace-woundings" :D

ace woundings also required the addon as you need the items (as far as i know)

ohh and a scripted version would not work currently because the paths of the default.hpp are absolute (and the doubleDot ("../blabla") is not working ... http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16719 )

Edited by X39

Thw whole vBundeswehr Project Team, wishes all a happy new year. And with the new year, we also have a new version of XMedSys for you. First post already up to date:

Download: XMedSys 0.1.1 Beta

and last but not least the Changelog:

0.1.1 BETA

* Now also using XMedSys requirement: 'XEventSystem' (sry for adding this to the last changelog but forgot to remove it from there again : /)

* New Document added to .zip: events.txt (file contains the events added with XEventSystem)

* fixed FX error message

* fixed XMedSys items have been usable as medKit (seems like itemCore is the solution to get rid of it too but i will check later on this)

* new Variable which represents current mod version: X39_MedSys_var_VERSION

* new Variable which manipulates overall received damage (only damage received via HandleDamage!): X39_MedSys_var_DamageMultiplicator

* new Variable to enable/disable the event system calculation (requirement stays!): X39_MedSys_var_UsingEventSystem

* you now can close the medicalMenu with the same buttons like you open it

* added first events (see documentation --> events.txt)

* XMedSys deathScreen --> Respawn button has been resizes (after many requests to do)

* Changed Following item mass values (community vote):

- x39_bandage (10 -> 2)

- x39_morphine (4 -> 1)

- x39_epinephrine (4 -> 1)

- x39_defibrillator (50 -> 20)

- x39_medikit (20 -> 10)

Is it not possible to make a add-on mod like this to apply to every SP mission? For example I would like to use this mod with missions i get online or steam. I am correct in saying this mod needs to be applied to missions manually correct?

Is it not possible to make a add-on mod like this to apply to every SP mission? For example I would like to use this mod with missions i get online or steam. I am correct in saying this mod needs to be applied to missions manually correct?

yes, the missions need to provide the support for this addon (otherwhise you could end up in having this mod when you dont want it)

but it would be possible

Edited by X39

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (X39) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

X39, did some playing around yesterday and this mod is pretty simple enough to implement into missions thanks to your awesome instructions. I was able to apply this to a mission. For now I guess I can do this but think it would be a great idea to allow the mod to apply itself to existing missions if possible in the future. Keep up the great work.

* fixed XMedSys items have been usable as medKit (seems like itemCore is the solution to get rid of it too but i will check later on this)

In your example mission, the option to treat X class still appears on the wounded individual, UNTIL you stop his bleeding. Once the bleeding has stopped the option goes away. Meanwhile, with you have the treat X class action available, it shows the number of your XMed medical items in your inventory.

I have 8 items from your box, bandages, morphine, epi, medikit, etc and while the individual bleed I have the option to Treat X Class (8 FAKs).

Was this an oversight?