nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hey guys i am having a slight problem with TFR. I have installed the mod and i am sure i have setup the mod correctly, the problem i have is that when i get into the game i can bring up the radios, change signals but when i go to transmit it will work for a few moments then the ability to transmit will stop working (The box saying it is broadcasting doesn't come back up) and it doesn't work again unless i reset the game/rejoin the server. I can still play with the radios change the settings, signals ect but cant transmit. Any Ideas? :confused:

Im using WithSix for addons.

(Sorry for my horrible Grammar)

Hey guys i am having a slight problem with TFR. I have installed the mod and i am sure i have setup the mod correctly, the problem i have is that when i get into the game i can bring up the radios, change signals but when i go to transmit it will work for a few moments then the ability to transmit will stop working (The box saying it is broadcasting doesn't come back up) and it doesn't work again unless i reset the game/rejoin the server. I can still play with the radios change the settings, signals ect but cant transmit. Any Ideas? :confused:

Im using WithSix for addons.

(Sorry for my horrible Grammar)

But are you able to hear other people\radios after problem starts? Is it reproducible on all servers?

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

No, it only happens with Arma launched when I'm transmitting over the radio in-game. What I mean is that it doesn't crash Arma 3 or disconnect it or anything like that, it only messes up with Teamspeak 3. It just happened again tonight as I was playing, and after I finished the game, I shut it down and tried to open my browser to come here, but it wouldn't let me connect to the internet. When I attempted to restart my computer, it took 20 or so minutes to restart, it just got stuck on the Shutting Down Windows screen and eventually bluescreened.

Hm, a lot of different symptoms, I think most of them not related to TFAR. Have you tried on different TS server? Also, "SetNamedPipeHandleState failed" is not shown?

I want to show how awesome TFAR is. This mission was one of the most stressing, exciting and gratifying Arma experiences I had since OFP. All who played it felt the same, and It would NOT been possible without TFAR.

We are lost. It's night and we have no night vision, GPS, maps or SW team radios. A helicopter rescue wing is searching for us, but so is the enemy. I am leading and I have a LR radio to communicate with the choppers, but due to range and/or terrain (we start in a valley) I can't get them on the radio. As the choppers get closer we can hear each other but comms are breaking up. Also, since we have no SR radio, I have to run between the groups to tell them what to do. All these features combined made this mission as awesome as it was. The mission was made by Outlawz7, and can be found here.

Thanks nkey and all involved for making the great TFAR mod!

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the place for troubleshooting, but I am having problems that I have not experienced with TFR before. When I try to play, I get the error setnamedpipehandlestate false in the bottom right corner. I was originally using TS 3.0.12 and TFR 0.9.2 with the old plugins that were supplied. After I started having the errors, I switched to 3.0.15 and also 3.0.14 and the newer plugins but got the same problem. It is also worth noting I have tried launching through playwithsix and Six updater. I am launching as admin on playwithsix, arma 3 and teamspeak. Help would be much appreciated as without this mod I cannot play with my group in Arma 3.

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the place for troubleshooting, but I am having problems that I have not experienced with TFR before. When I try to play, I get the error setnamedpipehandlestate false in the bottom right corner. I was originally using TS 3.0.12 and TFR 0.9.2 with the old plugins that were supplied. After I started having the errors, I switched to 3.0.15 and also 3.0.14 and the newer plugins but got the same problem. It is also worth noting I have tried launching through playwithsix and Six updater. I am launching as admin on playwithsix, arma 3 and teamspeak. Help would be much appreciated as without this mod I cannot play with my group in Arma 3.

Hm.. Have you tried to reboot PC?

Hm.. Have you tried to reboot PC?

Works, thanks! You mod guys know everything :P

Sorry if we missed the answer, our group is trying to preset the radios and freq. users start with so that we don't have to spend 20 mins and a bottle of advil trying to get everyone on the same page. Where do we find the api varibles so we can make this happen. Thanks

But are you able to hear other people\radios after problem starts? Is it reproducible on all servers?

Hm, a lot of different symptoms, I think most of them not related to TFAR. Have you tried on different TS server? Also, "SetNamedPipeHandleState failed" is not shown?

I can hear other players on there radios and normal talking yes.

Sorry if we missed the answer, our group is trying to preset the radios and freq. users start with so that we don't have to spend 20 mins and a bottle of advil trying to get everyone on the same page. Where do we find the api varibles so we can make this happen. Thanks

Put this in the init.sqf of a mission

#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

if ((isServer) or (isDedicated)) then {
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";
tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318 "]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;

_settingsLrWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
_settingsLrWest set [2, ["30","41","42","43","44","45","46","47","48"]];
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLrWest;

}; 

Hello guys,

I am french so sorry if there is some faults :/

I have problems with the Task Force Radio. I play on a french server and we used the Task Force Radio but when I log into the server, I have this message :

8124512014070700001.jpg

I spawn on the server with the AN/PRC 152, I can use it. But sometimes, I spawn with no radio and when I want to take AN/PRC 152 on the shop, it didn't works. I can't modify the settings (frequency, channel...) and I can't use it.

I already have uninstall the game and the server's launcher, but nothing, it the same thing.

I really need help, because playing with no radio, it impossible...

Thanks !

Hello guys,

I am french so sorry if there is some faults :/

I have problems with the Task Force Radio. I play on a french server and we used the Task Force Radio but when I log into the server, I have this message :

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/8124512014070700001.jpg

I spawn on the server with the AN/PRC 152, I can use it. But sometimes, I spawn with no radio and when I want to take AN/PRC 152 on the shop, it didn't works. I can't modify the settings (frequency, channel...) and I can't use it.

I already have uninstall the game and the server's launcher, but nothing, it the same thing.

I really need help, because playing with no radio, it impossible...

Thanks !

Hello.

To help you I need RPT log of game session with issue... Could you provide it?

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

I can hear other players on there radios and normal talking yes.

Could you please provide RPT log for session with issue?

It happens no matter the TS server, and no that does not show up, as in-game, everything is perfect. If I hold caps-lock then the little radio status saying I'm transmitting pops up and works perfectly, but the issue is in Teamspeak, as that is what stops working and causes all the issues.

Hi guys, I have an issue with the mod where everything works perfectly fine... Until I try to transmit. For some reason it doesn't read my caps lock. Before you ask, yes I've made sure the plugin is enabled, and yes I've made sure that caps lock isn't mapped somewhere else haha. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello.

To help you I need RPT log of game session with issue... Could you provide it?

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Could you please provide RPT log for session with issue?

where can I find the RPT log? Also I got it working properly but I had to remove the "all in arma" mod from my collection.

where can I find the RPT log? Also I got it working properly but I had to remove the "all in arma" mod from my collection.

Probably need to check compatibility...

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Hi guys, I have an issue with the mod where everything works perfectly fine... Until I try to transmit. For some reason it doesn't read my caps lock. Before you ask, yes I've made sure the plugin is enabled, and yes I've made sure that caps lock isn't mapped somewhere else haha. Thanks in advance for the help!

Latest TS version?

I've tried to search the thread for this, but found nothing (apologies if it's been answered).

A new recruit just got TFR working, and he can transmit/receive correctly over normal TFR voice, as well as radio. In game he can use CTRL-P to open and see the current radio, but using CTRL-TAB he does not see the Whispering/Normal/Yelling indicators, and when transmitting on the radio cannot see the transmission box.

Has anyone seen this before ?

I've tried to search the thread for this, but found nothing (apologies if it's been answered).

A new recruit just got TFR working, and he can transmit/receive correctly over normal TFR voice, as well as radio. In game he can use CTRL-P to open and see the current radio, but using CTRL-TAB he does not see the Whispering/Normal/Yelling indicators, and when transmitting on the radio cannot see the transmission box.

Yep, few reports last time. Maybe he have some tricky modern game keyboard?

What addons are you using? If he or you guys are using SMGR, it's been causing issues with TFAR's indicator.

Probably need to check compatibility...

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Latest TS version?

Nope, I'm currently running .14

}; 

OMG thank you!!!!

Yep, few reports last time. Maybe he have some tricky modern game keyboard?

Update: After a profile change (from secondary profile back to primary) everything seems to work fine for the user. Could this be an issue ?

Update: After a profile change (from secondary profile back to primary) everything seems to work fine for the user. Could this be an issue ?

Probably....

}; 

How do you set what LR and SR radios everyone (including the public) gets to this preset?