Sign in to follow this  
lolmartsecurity

Help with binarized P3D files

I don't quite know if this is the right place to post this, but it relates to models more than anything, so here goes. I'm working on a personal project using some existing (binarized) models. I need to get the files open so I can find the name of the bolt selection on the weapon for some animations. Is there any way to do this, or is it just trial and error?

You cannot open a binarized model. It is property of the author of that file. You need to ask him to send you the original model.

You cannot open a binarized model. It is property of the author of that file. You need to ask him to send you the original model.

Incorrect,

You cannot open a binarized model in Oxygen, but if you have permission to use the model then it is more than possible to use 'Eliteness' which will read from the model all details about named selections, textures, materials, LOD's etc.

Edited by pastor399
  • Like 1

you can also just open the model in notepad...the very first part of the file will be the "skeleton" section that would be in it's model.cfg. It will list all the parts of the rifle

Im interested in this topic too. I want a list of all memory points for the slammer. there are again czech words used for them.

Is it allowed to use eliteness and just use it for memory points?

thanks

DeP3d.exe -s p:\a3\path\to\file.p3d > toFile.txt

if you prefer a list in a text file

;2565269']DeP3d.exe -s p:\a3\path\to\file.p3d > toFile.txt

if you prefer a list in a text file

Yeah thanks for the answer. I tried to download it. First it says in the Installer.exe u need a depbo.dll from somewhere else. Install is fnished and when i start now this app it tells me i need a MSVCP110.dll and quits.

Tried to download that file from LINK but still quits. any idea?

Would like to know a short explanation for this. i cant found a report for this app in relation with that error message

Depbo.dll is in depboXX.rar. Check the readme for install location and also how to get the MSVCP110.dll.

;2566112']Depbo.dll is in depboXX.rar. Check the readme for install location and also how to get the MSVCP110.dll.

thanks man.

edit: im still dont get it running. i had allready place the depbo.dll in my system32 and a second copy in my install folder of dep3d.exe

but i didnt read that second readme with that text

These 32bit dll's are already supplied in win8. They are necessary attachments for depbo.dll > 4.09
Earlier versions of the OS generally dont have them, depending on which other applications you have installed on your PC.
I absolutely refuse to supply each of my 30+ exes with footprints of around 50kb with this 8meg!!!! payload.
Instead, this is a one off package necessary to run *some* exes (particularly the guis), on *some* PC's

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

you need the >>>>>>>>32 BIT<<<<<<<< VERSIONS

Downloaded that file, installed and still the same error. i tried to download a older dep3d.exe and a different depbo.dll still not working.

Im still stuck. You have a idea?

Edited by zelectec

Expressin my disappointment in community members guiding "recently joined" members in how to reverse engineer models ...........

Gnat;2566136']Expressin my disappointment in community members guiding "recently joined" members in how to reverse engineer models ...........

Sorry gnat when u missunderstand what im doing or what i intend to do. I want Memory Points of Vehicles since i want to add an Mortar to the Slammer and some other stuff' date=' which currently tanks and specially tanks in the future will have.

edit: link to said problem Link

I hope u see i tried my best and i cant go any further with my current skill and thats why i asked for help with memrpt first cause it just write a list of memorypoints and nothing else. i dont want to reverse engineer ;)

Edited by zelectec

Sorry gnat when u missunderstand what im doing or what i intend to do. I want Memory Points of Vehicles since i want to add an Mortar to the Slammer and some other stuff, which currently tanks and specially tanks in the future will have.

Fair enough, but none of us know you from a bar of soap ..... for all we know you just dropping by (telling any story) to rip some new models for GTA4 ......

Sorry, just the simple truth.

Good luck.

Gnat;2566145']Fair enough' date=' but none of us know you from a bar of soap ..... for all we know you just dropping by (telling any story) to rip some new models for GTA4 ......

Sorry, just the simple truth.

Good luck.[/quote']

Would it help u when i upload a file with said stuff? There are some other scripts and u could see im not just ripping im creating and just got stuck cause i want to much at a early learning curve.

Here is my steam profile. LINK please check my workshop file, cause its a fortification for the gravia airforce base and took more then 50 hours. Just to prove im willing to learn and just try my best.

edit: I have way more then 1500 hours in the arma franchise and im sorry when i enjoyed some hours gta 4 but i really dont get the relation to said game ? Do people rip arma vehicles for gta4? The only thing i saw yet was a CSS gun in Arma 3. And i want to get sure that u understand that i do not want to reverse engineer. When there would be a just a normal english memory point list, but we are still stuck with czech names for memory points and only 3 of said czech memory points works and not as i want it. Cause i want a 2d circle/horizont-movement and not a 3d oval/horizont-vertical

edit2: link to said czech memory point list Link

edit3: i really dont want to be a jerk but have a look Link. U asked pretty much the same and wrote

Gnat;2566145']My CONFIG is a near copy of those found within the game' date=' so I'm thinking thats not the reason ..... I'm guessing the p3d definitions are the problem.[/quote']

So u say for me its not allowed to havea simple list of memory points and u even stole a complete config? WOW. Hypocrit?

Offtopic but that had to be said

Edited by zelectec

@ [APS]Gnat

Better read the thread first before throwing around absolute baseless accusations.

@ zelectec

What errors do you get?

;2566223']

@ zelectec

What errors do you get?

1. So i downloaded the last dep3d.exe and installed it in a program files (x86)/dep3d/ folder

2. Dowloaded the pebpoXX.rar and place one depbo.dll in my windows/system32 folder and one in my arma3tools/dep3d folder

3. In "ReadMe.VS2012dlls.txt." is a download link for all vs2012 dll's so i downloaded it.

4. i try to open the dep3d.exe and again it throws the error

The program can not be started, cause MSVCP110.dll. is missing on the computer. install this program again to resolve this isssue

this is a rough translation cause the text is in german

Thanks for patience man.

> In "ReadMe.VS2012dlls.txt." is a download link for all vs2012 dll's so i downloaded it.

Did you just download them or also install?

From what I recall its a msi installer, isnt it?

its vcredist_x64.exe

Microsoft Visual c++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030

Modify Setup

requested assistance from mikero himself. he should be around here soon I hope :)

;2566321']requested assistance from mikero himself. he should be around here soon I hope :)

very nice. man u really put much effort in this. thanks again

offtopic: is it running on your computer?

hi when A3 first come out i made simple script to help with memory points , it is not exactly what you need but can help i am sure and maybe Teach on the way :).

put down empty vehicle in editor and call name myvehicle

then make radio / blufor present or whichever trigger and on activation getem =[myvehicle] execvm "getmem.sqf"

it will put some 10cm helpers at point at which it finds the axis or selection .

if you change the item from a helper it will also show the name of the point when looking at it but for now i left as a helper.

getmem.sqf :

private ["_selpos","_pos","_point","_myname","_myobject"];
_vehicle = _this select 0;
_vehicle setobjecttexture [0,""];
_vehicle setobjecttexture [1,""];
_vehicle setObjectMaterial [0,""];
_vehicle setObjectMaterial [1,""];
//_vehicle setobjecttexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.752941,0.752941,0.752941,0.01,CA)"];
//_vehicle setobjecttexture [1,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.752941,0.752941,0.752941,0.02,CA)"];

_badthings =[];
_assets = [];
_cfgVehicles = ["otochlaven","otocvez","osaveze","osavese","osahlavne""damagevez","otochlaven","damagehide","motor","podkolop6_hide","commander_turret","poklop_commander","recoilhlaven",
"zbran",
"vez",
"pas_p",
"pas_l",
"light_l",
"light_r",
"telo",
"vezvelitele",
"zbranvelitele",
"doplnovani",
"driverview",
"gunnerview",
"konec hlavne",
"usti hlavne",
"recoilhlaven_axis",
"nvg_marker",
"pos driver",
"pos driver dir",
"pos gunner",
"pos gunner dir",
"pos commander",
"pos commander dir",
"pos cargo",
"pos cargo dir",
"stopa ll",
"stopa lr",
"stopa rr",
"stopa rl",
"zamerny",
"exhaust_dir",
"exhaust",
"basic_damper_destruct_axis",
"osa_poklop_commander",
"osa_poklop_driver",
"commanderview",
"wheel_1_2_bound",
"wheel_1_3_bound",
"wheel_1_4_bound",
"wheel_1_5_bound",
"wheel_1_6_bound",
"wheel_1_7_bound",
"wheel_2_2_bound",
"wheel_2_3_bound",
"wheel_2_4_bound",
"wheel_2_5_bound",
"wheel_2_6_bound",
"wheel_2_7_bound",
"wheel_1_2_axis",
"wheel_1_3_axis",
"wheel_1_4_axis",
"wheel_1_5_axis",
"wheel_1_6_axis",
"wheel_1_9_axis",
"wheel_2_2_axis",
"wheel_2_3_axis",
"wheel_2_4_axis",
"wheel_2_5_axis",
"wheel_2_6_axis",
"wheel_2_9_axis",
"wheel_2_1_axis",
"wheel_1_9_bound",
"wheel_2_9_bound",
"wheel_1_1_bound",
"wheel_2_1_bound",
"wheel_1_1_axis",
"wheel_1_7_axis",
"wheel_2_7_axis",
"dustfrontright",
"dustbackright",
"dustfrontleft",
"dustbackleft",
"commander_gun_axis",
"commander_turret_axis",
"commander_gun",
"usti hlavne2",
"konec hlavne2",
"light_r_end",
"light_l_end",
"pasoffsetl",
"pasoffsetp",
"camo1",
"camo2",
"zasleh",
"zbytek",
"zadni svetlo",
"clan",
"muzzleflash_cannon",
"brzdove svetlo",
"poklop_driver","camelev","MainGunOptics","gun1","gun2","gun","otochlaven2","turret"];

for "_i" from 0 to ( count _cfgVehicles ) -1 do
{
   _entry = _cfgVehicles select _i;
     _selpos = _vehicle selectionposition _entry;

if ( _selpos select 1 != 0) then {
_pos= (_vehicle modeltoworld _selpos);
_myname = format ["%1",_entry];
_myobject = "Sign_Sphere10cm_F" createvehicle _pos;
_myobject   setpos _pos;
_myobject setVehicleVarName _myname;
      hintsilent format ["%1 %2 %3", _selpos , _myname , _i];
   _assets = _assets + [_myname];
  }
  else
  {
  hintSilent Format [" Null selection %1" ,_entry];
   };
sleep .1;
};
diag_log  _assets ;

i never completely cleaned up the script so some known problems :

Not all memory points are in the array but you can easy add along the way

when diag_log to arma.rpt the array can be too big for all to go there if too many

it wont make a point for each axis with same name so return pos will be center of two points .

anyway have some fun and for you i suppose youcan simply diag_log the _entry and _selpos you need

its vcredist_x64.exe

Microsoft Visual c++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030

Modify Setup

try install also x86

3. In "ReadMe.VS2012dlls.txt." is a download link for all vs2012 dll's so i downloaded it.

that readme me ALSO says IN BIG BOLD TYPE >>>>>>>32 BIT<<<<<<<<<<

;2566755']with this link one can select the 32b one:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

> VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe 6.3 MB

that readme me ALSO says IN BIG BOLD TYPE >>>>>>>32 BIT<<<<<<<<<<

Many thanks to both, but again a new problem.

Downloaded said 32 bit version and now i get the error message

The procedureovulationpoint "?io_WriteFile@BisFileIO@@QAEHPBDPBXI@Z" was not found in the DLL "DePbo.dll".

I dont know what i do wrong. I followed the link in the readme and it was the 64 bit exe. Ok that was my mistake but i dont understand why it isnt running now.

Would anyone of you two be kind enough to make a explanation how they got it running? means could u create a list with steps? I feel a bit ashamed that i look like a idiot and still need help. I hope it isnt to much.

This indicates that the dll version doesn't match the tool (DeP3d) version.

This is what you need:

T:\pbodll>DeP3d.exe

DeP3d Version 1.67, Dll 4.18 ""