Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Claymores: they still used?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

You can also make homemade claymores with:

Det cord

C-4

plastic soap dish

100 mph tape

various and sundry shrapnel from previous demo shots. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You call stuff made with C4 and det cord homemade and not improvised? wow.gif   It is interesting what you must be keeping in your basement or garage, remind me never to try to break into your place!  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Aug. 29 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You call stuff made with C4 and det cord homemade and not improvised? wow.gif   It is interesting what you must be keeping in your basement or garage, remind me never to try to break into your place!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sure C-4 is on everyones weekly shopping list, along with

Bread

Milk

Eggs

Weapons Grade Plutonium

-=Die Alive=-

wish i had some claymores, i could finally take out them man eating bunny wrabbits..... or blow up some ground hogs smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"You're about as fucked up as a football bat."<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, never heard that one before. Honestly, how can anyone not get the "Front Toward Enemy" part right? I'm surprised you don't have "Muzzle toward enemy" written on your M-16's. biggrin.gif

Since the land-mine ban (stupid idea), all of Canada's mines have to be command detonated. The claymores come in boxes with wire testers and 30m of wire and one 'clacker' per claymore. The 'clacker' is the device that sets off the claymore (as Othin was saying), it even has a safety catch.

I found this on FAS.org, taken right from the manual:

m18-Fig4.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Aug. 29 2002,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"This side towards enemy" is funny, but it is even funnier what it says on the other side.  "Do Not Eat"

Before I decided to go active duty I was in the National Guard, when we did training with dummy Claymores they weren't movement triggered.  We had a wire running from the claymore to a little box that the person on watch held.  When someone was coming you would squeeze the handle on the box a few times to send a small electrical pulse to the claymore detonating it.

I think it is either platoon or full metal jacket where you can see this in effect.<span id='postcolor'>

Jesus, do they really make motion detected claymores?

That's freaking insane! All it takes is one squad leader not really paying attention to where they are walking htier men, and BOOM, puree.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Aug. 29 2002,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, do or did the Russians use napalm or similar gasoline-based flame weapons in Chechnya?<span id='postcolor'>

I know for a fact that Fuel-Air Explosives (FAEs, or vacuum bombs as the Russians call them) were used in Chechnya. There's also an infantry rocket flamethrower called "Shmel'" in service, but I don't know if it has seen operational use.

The claymore is a beautiful thing, Like its namesake, it is a brutally simple manifestation of the desire to kill people with high efficiency. Its rather prosaic instructions only serve to underscore this. I imagine Scottish soldiers were given a similar training course: "Pointy end towards English".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Aug. 30 2002,04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wish i had some claymores, i could finally take out them man eating bunny wrabbits.....<span id='postcolor'>

Those damn killer rabbits. mad.gif They've been one of man's worst enemies since the middle ages. But don't you know that they can be only killed with a holy hand grenade? tounge.gif

thundermall_1696_937296

21-there-it-is.jpg

21-gore.jpg

21-headless-bors.jpg

21-bunny.jpg

21-attack.jpg

The holy hand grenade

21-holy-hand-grenade.jpg

'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

21-one-two-five.jpg

21-boom.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'<span id='postcolor'>

i'd need this if OFP implements timed hand grenades instead of impact hand grenade as of now. thanx OFP baldy!

Man the Russians should use flamethrowers in Chechnya, after watching all those videos of them acting like little monkeys cutting heads off I would fully support some Chechen rebel toasting.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, ahhhhh Monty Python.

'The Quest for the Holy Grail' was one of my favorites, I like the castle scene with all the virgins.

Goddammit. I make a witty reference to the Scottish wars for independence, and it just figures that someone else comes along and posts a Monty Python joke and completely upstages me.

lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do clays react on movement like they did in the DF games??

Seems hard to make something that reacts on movement... <span id='postcolor'>

No, offically all U.S. mines must be comand detonated......but I know how to rig claymores several different ways. wink.gif

and when I was talking about "homemade" claymores, I meant in the Army you boneheads. In my unit, we usually have more C-4 than we know what to do with. tounge.gif

If you are using a non-electric firing system, you don't even need a blasting cap to detonate a claymore. As with the homemade ones, you just tie a Uli knot on the end of the det cord and pack the c-4 around it....tada no blasting caps or crimping tools required.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Aug. 28 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You all scare me...<span id='postcolor'>

You should see my atom bomb smile.gif

Monthy Python is funny to look at, i also like the part with the Knights who say 'ni' smile.gif

Or when they arrive at that bridge.... "Wut's yur favorite color..?"

biggrin.gif

This is an exerpt from Michael Lee Lanning's book, The Only War We Had.  It's a journal of his time as a platoon leader in Vietanm.

The only excitement was offered about midnight by one of Alpha Company's ambushes that was securing Tan Lap.  One of the squads covering the railroad bed between the depot and a village to the west had selected their site well, for a lone g**k walked into the edge of their kill zone.  Obviously not to smart about his choice of routes or in his ability to recognize danger, the enemy soldier spoted one of alpha's claymores and, instead of running, curiously picked it up.  As he brought it up to study, an Alpha troop pressed the detonator.  the blast cut the d**k in two, leaving little that was recognizable as human.  It was encouraging to know that the enemy had bad days too.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Aug. 29 2002,17:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is an exerpt from Michael Lee Lanning's book, The Only War We Had.  It's a journal of his time as a platoon leader in Vietanm.

The only excitement was offered about midnight by one of Alpha Company's ambushes that was securing Tan Lap.  One of the squads covering the railroad bed between the depot and a village to the west had selected their site well, for a lone g**k walked into the edge of their kill zone.  Obviously not to smart about his choice of routes or in his ability to recognize danger, the enemy soldier spoted one of alpha's claymores and, instead of running, curiously picked it up.  As he brought it up to study, an Alpha troop pressed the detonator.  the blast cut the d**k in two, leaving little that was recognizable as human.  It was encouraging to know that the enemy had bad days too.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Tasty

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 30 2002,11:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my unit, we usually have more C-4 than we know what to do with. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

can you spare me some? tounge.gif

i'm stocking up on weapons in preparations for 'operation get denoir'

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 29 2002,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 30 2002,11:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In my unit, we usually have more C-4 than we know what to do with. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

can you spare me some? tounge.gif

i'm stocking up on weapons in preparations for 'operation get denoir'

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ralp we all agreed not to talk about it in public!!! sad.gif

Nothing going on here ppl, just continue checking the threads wink.gif