Sign in to follow this  
TheTrain

ArmA III automatically change my textures settings

Title says all, some time i can select Very High settings and some time the game change it from Very High to High. Oh and I never see Ultra settings, relatively to textures, on my system.

Is this normal? Here one screen:

http://abload.de/img/arma3.exe_2013-11-19-lfqdp.png

My PC specs:

I5 750

4GB 1600MHz

If this is normal, there is a solution to remove the automatically system changing?

Sorry for my bad english.

I have the same exact problem, However I've noticed that even when the settings change in the menu my actual game settings don't change, I haven't noticed a FPS drop anyways. I've read on other forums about the game .cfg detecting your GPU or something like that could be the problem but I haven't figured it out yet. Perhaps we can try the -noBenchmark startup command???

delete your arma.rpt

I delete all .rpt but the game still change my settings, with -nologs obv. :(

Lowering your view distance might give you the ultra option. This is how it was in Arma 2 for me.

I've 2400/1700 and very high is the highest. I remember seeing ultra with lower view distance.

I've reported the issue in the feedback tracker. It's in my sig.

I've reported the issue in the feedback tracker. It's in my sig.

Upvoted! I hope they look into it....

I don't know if its a bug or intended, but with my rig, my texture setting always drop from very high to high when in an fps intensive environment like in towns, under trees and such. You will notice a bit of stutter then when you check the video settings, sure enough its downgraded to high, and no longer can pick very high.

To get it very high again I can do two things, restart the game or disable AA press ok then go back to video settings and you'll see your texture setting is already at very high.

So for now, I play with AA disable.. still look gorgeous enough though

Another culprit is shadow setting, for me, even with AA disable, when shadow goes higher than v high, the texture detail will downgraded

I don't know if its a bug or intended, but with my rig, my texture setting always drop from very high to high when in an fps intensive environment like in towns, under trees and such. You will notice a bit of stutter then when you check the video settings, sure enough its downgraded to high, and no longer can pick very high.

To get it very high again I can do two things, restart the game or disable AA press ok then go back to video settings and you'll see your texture setting is already at very high.

So for now, I play with AA disable.. still look gorgeous enough though

Another culprit is shadow setting, for me, even with AA disable, when shadow goes higher than v high, the texture detail will downgraded

There is something really wrong with graphics settings... BIS just won't let us tweak it like we want to. Everytime i'm in a place with lots of objects like a town, even if the framerate is good enough, it keeps auto-downgrading. The fact is that I notice no performance increase whatsoever, it's just an useless nuisance. I wanna decide for myself the settings... why can't I do it? Again guys, upvote my report and perhaps this issue will be sorted out someday.

this feature along with auto detection is more then useless:(

I've never had an ultra option so I always play on very high.

Yesterday the game switched me to high and after that even to normal.

Not only does it change my settings, it removes the ability to set it back to very high..

Very annoying!

I've never had an ultra option so I always play on very high.

Yesterday the game switched me to high and after that even to normal.

Not only does it change my settings, it removes the ability to set it back to very high..

Very annoying!

Have you tried -noBenchmark in startup params ?

I have used that since alpha, I never really knew what it did but I have never had a setting drop as far as I know?!?!

Mind you I was still using -high up until recently and that does fuck all in arma3 :)

Have you tried -noBenchmark in startup params ?

I have used that since alpha, I never really knew what it did but I have never had a setting drop as far as I know?!?!

Mind you I was still using -high up until recently and that does fuck all in arma3 :)

No, but I'll give that a go!