code34

Real Weather - dynamic weather for MP games

Ok, this may be a newbie error, but I have read through your descriptions and the whole thread here to make sure I did everything right.

I tried your script and it is awesome! But when I change _startingweather to "CLOUDY" or "RAIN" it shows dark sky, and a faint sun with no clouds. But when I go to splendid camera the clouds appear and everything is normal. I disabled all mods, and tried with your example mission. I even put all weather parameters to manual. _startingweather at "CLEAR" works fine. Any advice? Thank you for your help:)

Nevermind. I solved it by setting weather parameters correct. Seems like if i set the parameters to a high overcast value, and set _startingweather to "CLEAR" in the script my previous problem occure.

Hi,

would be nice if there could be more options for the starting weather than CLEAR/CLOUDY/RAIN :-)

Beside that it works great. Thank you for releasing :)

hi

what kind of options ? This script was designed on Keep it simple design like most of my works, for be re use by other developpers ;)

Percentage fog

How much Clouds

and so on.

Also some kind of where does it go with the weather :D

i have to think about it and take some times to update my code :D (im currently heavy working on other project outside of arma scope)

hi guy

i just check in fact, real weather was build to be autonom module.

so you can not really set the forecast, cause the forecast evolute durin all the game :)

don't know, it s long while since i don't use a bis buggy function

but this script works

Edited by code34

This isn't about BIS functions. The Arma 3 weather engine is broken and won't sync on MP - even with trying to force it using scripts.

It can't work in MP. You might think you are syncing weather, but weather gets out of sync over time and is impacted by JIP events.

There is no workaround, its an engine issue. You can't script MP weather sync in Arma 3. Like I said, you may think you are, but over (a short amount of time) weather gets desync'd.

This script works perfectly well since months.

weather on all client jip/players are sync over hours, days. It has been tested and approved by players that used it

If it s raining for a player, it s raining for all players etc

note: this script already worked on A2 with warcontext, you can test it on combat assault mission "combat-assault.eu" dedicated server. Like there is a fast time function on, you dont have to wait to much time to see the forecast

Edited by code34

So for me it does not sync immediately. After a time everybody has the same weather.

Sometimes it starts raining for one or to people but for others not. Sometimes this even happens in broad daylight! ^^

So for me it does not sync immediately. After a time everybody has the same weather.

Sometimes it starts raining for one or to people but for others not. Sometimes this even happens in broad daylight! ^^

Post your mods list, RV log, etc. Without data, there's no solution :)

The first sync for jip players can take several seconds/minutes.

Sometimes it starts raining for one or to people but for others not. << it should not happen when players are in since few minuts, or perphaps for little and short rain. For this 2 points, I warn you to not increase the default sync time.

Sometimes this even happens in broad daylight! << The overcast problem is known but i have not fix it yet :( (it was not my priority on all the script i developped :) )

Edited by code34

The first sync for jip players can take several seconds/minutes.

Sometimes it starts raining for one or to people but for others not. << it should not happen when players are in since few minuts, or perphaps for little and short rain. For this 2 points, I warn you to not increase the default sync time.

Sometimes this even happens in broad daylight! << The overcast problem is known but i have not fix it yet :( (it was not my priority on all the script i developped :) )

Yeah as I said, after a while the weather is synced. Then it workes very fine.

But anyway, even if it haven't sound like: I really like that script. It looks very cool. But I have two more questions:

1. It appears that it always starts raining. LIke after half an hour it starts raining...is that intentionally? I just mean, I would appreciate a little bit of randomness!

2. Do you plan to support other maps as well in the future? Like takistan. I used this script on takistan and it look a bit unrealistic with the hugh downfall xD

So this one is more...up to date?

What do you mean by night and day ratio?

So this one is more...up to date?

What do you mean by night and day ratio?

yes

fast time ratio can be set differently night and day

Hi code34. I recently tried your script and am liking it very much thank you for sharing it. However, I do have some issues... 1. it is seems to almost always be raining and overcast is there a way to set the chance for rain/clouds? Ideally I would like 70% clearish and 30% some cloudy/rainy type of weather randomisation. 2. also my start weather is clear but it always starts randomised (and therefore very often cloudy)? I have set all the mission parameters to manual... 3. it seems to rain when there are not enough clouds to justify it? Sorry but I'm not very clued up on scripting, I just edit at a very basic level and you may have already included this type of functionality without me knowing it's there...

if i remove "setdate _startingdate;" will it affect your script in anyway?  i ask because i use a mission param to set start time and i want it to be random...

Thanks for this script  :)

if i remove "setdate _startingdate;" will it affect your script in anyway?  i ask because i use a mission param to set start time and i want it to be random...

Thanks for this script  :)

I tried removing it, and it appeared to break the script.

I don't understand why it's there in he first place, as it interferes with any other script that affects the time.

I tried removing it, and it appeared to break the script.

I don't understand why it's there in he first place, as it interferes with any other script that affects the time.

Interesting, for me it seems to have worked unless i missed something.  Maybe i'm missing something though...

hi

Sorry to answer lately, you just have to remove also the setdate command line below

lol :) Thank you for this feedback Foxhound