Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

Go back and read my posts, I'm working on a newer version, have patience and wait.

Hi,

Any help please...i get no sound and a message pops up " no entry bin config.'bin\cfgweapons/koi_l85a2_base/single.standardsound"

EDIT:- Sorry .. less haste i guess .....had googled and went through pages and didn't even see it

Edited by Longboat

Hi,

Any help please...i get no sound and a message pops up " no entry bin config.'bin\cfgweapons/koi_l85a2_base/single.standardsound"

The two posts above ya mate. Just read them...

So happy this is still being worked on, can't have enough British gear in ArmA!

Hey kiory, would it be possible to change the sounds? I don't think it sounds meaty enough. Maybe try one of the SOS rifle sounds?

@doom_sharpe .. do you mean T-800A's patch to fix the sound ? .. if so ,can you explain please how i apply this

Thanks in advance

Edited by Longboat

@doom_sharpe .... Much thanks for the help, all working great ....... I can see why T-800A's patch was never going to fix it LOL

New update v2.0 fix available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@kio_l85a2.png

Edited by kecharles28

Hi,

EDIT:- Sorry .. less haste i guess .....had googled and went through pages and didn't even see it

Did you fix this mate? I'm getting the same problem:(

i packed it in the same pbo so people looking for the fix didnt need to go and open the pbo themselves and risk losing content and breaking the addon.

sorry i didnt ask at first, but i saw it was open source, and saw a few people wanted it updated.

Updated l85;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/98oi46sxpe6io73/kio_l85a2.pbo

Pls, just look in the thread, this has been fixed...

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

But yeh, I think the sound needs to be a bit meatier... It feels too lightweight atm

Honestly getting sounds for the L85 is very difficult, there are loads of vidoes of it out there but none that are quality. If there is anyone serving in the UK forces and has a decent mic for capturing stuff like weapons firing, I'd appreciate it if you took the time and effort to go make me some foley, otherwise I'll just have to take some sounds from some other 5.56 rifle, the Steyr for example.

Is that any use? I've never seen them fired in real life so I can't judge on the accuracy.

Probably too much background noise...

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

I think the steyr aug sounds similair, this vid may help, but doesn't have single round burst:

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Or try bluestone 42. Might be good?

Kiory, since Trixie stopped with his British weapons pack, aren't you interested in taking it over? You're pretty much the only one left with British weapons...