Sign in to follow this  
nierop

Where are satchels sounds?

where is the scatchell sound pack for 1.46? maybe i can give it a try to make it work in OFPR smile.gif but i wont release until i have permission of him

You can get the Satchels sound mod from Pit Vipers OFP Addons page - http://www.uvm.edu/~efisher/

The download is under the March 21st updates, 15.7Mb.

Several others such as Pit Viper and Lnxay have already updated the pack to fix small issues but no one has tried to get it to work in Resistance yet AFAIK.

Good luck with your experiment, hope you get it to work!

BAM:)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 25 2002,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where is the scatchell sound pack for 1.46? maybe i can give it a try to make it work in OFPR  smile.gif  but i wont release until i have permission of him<span id='postcolor'>

i think there was never a version for 1.46 made by satchtel... but wright made a patch for it so that it worked with 1.45 and 1.46

sorry i forgot the link but i still have it on my HD

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BAM @ Aug. 25 2002,12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can get the Satchels sound mod from Pit Vipers OFP Addons page - http://www.uvm.edu/~efisher/

The download is under the March 21st updates, 15.7Mb.

Several others such as Pit Viper and Lnxay have already updated the pack to fix small issues but no one has tried to get it to work in Resistance yet AFAIK.

Good luck with your experiment, hope you get it to work!

BAM:)<span id='postcolor'>

Does anyone have a decrypted config.cpp for 1.76?

If someone does, I MAY be able to convert satchels cpp over. note that this will include all the multiplayer problems that the different config.cpp brings about...

Oh yes Guys!! Is this really happening, DynamicRange Res-compatible? I think I speak for many when I thank all that make the attempt in doing this...

Pit Viper, if you would have a go at trying to get Satchels soundpack to be Resistance compatible, even if for single player only, that would be fantastic smile.gif

Unfortunately I dont know how to get a decrypted config.cpp from Resistance, but im really hoping someone else here can.

Good luck smile.gif

BAM.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nierop @ Aug. 26 2002,22:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll make a new thread for this.....<span id='postcolor'>

Don't. This thread will do fine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...But when I install these packs I find most of my favorite sounds (that i think were absolutely spot-on) missing.

<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree.  I've used Satchel's sound pack and I think all sounds are inconsistent, vary in volume and pitch when they should not.  They seem to be taken from a hundred different locations.  Some guns have the echo of a hangar while others have echo of the outdoors; others more have no echo at all.

I'm not saying original sounds for OFP were good, but after 6 months I've built up my own little sound pack with which I'm very happy with, and unlike Satchel's, I didn't have to modify the configuration files which allows me to play in multiplayer which is a ton of fun. On the other hand sounds for guns like M60 or M2 are so short in duration that one can hardly do magic with them and as such they feel very dry. Making those sounds more realistic would require modifications to the configuration file which would in turn disable your multiplayer priviliges which to me are lots of fun in coop with the right group of people with Roger Wilco.

Please convince us of the power of your custom sounds.... To my opinion Satchels sounds are the best sounds I know. Its not that I say this pack is the definitive sound addon EVER.

So, again the question whether you want to release your sounds to the public?

I think many people would be interested....

OMG OMG OMG OH MY FREAKING GOD GUYS.....I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHHAHA I EDITED THE CONFIG FILE FOR RESISTANCE!!!!!!AHAHAHA SATCHELS SOUNDS WORK!!!!! ahem......um sorry. But I'm very excited. Unless a mod says otherwise (or overwhelming popular demand), I will post here in this very topic how to go about it!

Ha ha ha,

Nice work! Mod or admin what do you say? Sould we post or should we ask Satchel about this? I dont know his whereabouts...

only thing i ask is that someone change the pistol sounds.... i cant stand them, i dont know about you guys though... but i really hate them.

Ok, GREAT!

I would love to know how to get Satchels sounds to work!

I dont see why anyone would take offense at you posting the details of how to do it here, I mean at the end of the day its still Satchel who made the pack in the first place, you are only tweaking it a little to get it to work with the latest version of OFP...  surely no harm in that, am I right?

I cant wait to get Satchels sounds back...

I await your reply:)

BAM.

I like the ability to be able to use sound packs that dont effect the config files because I play online all the time. The only thing I can see wrong with Battlesounds 1.0 are the M16 and AK47 sounds. I really liked the assualt rifle sounds from the Dynamic Range sound pack, put those back in and I will be a happy camper.

yeah, the old CWC sounds sucked. But the new R ones are certainly an improvemnt, I don';t know how they compare to Satchel's.

M

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BlackDeath-CFH @ Aug. 28 2002,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">only thing i ask is that someone change the pistol sounds.... i cant stand them, i dont know about you guys though... but i really hate them.<span id='postcolor'>

Read more topics and you´ll find one.

LOL. Maybe you should just give him a link Goeth? Here you are mate. This will soothe those sound effect blues:

http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloads/SoundAmonOfpRv11.zip

Your pistol sounds for Res are great Goeth. Combine that addon with Dynamic Range and we'd be sorted for single player. Unfortunately for me I only play multiplayer these days. Oh how I dream of a multiplayer compatible Dynamic Range. sad.gif

Maybe OFP uberwizard Kegetys could help us? smile.gif

Heh sorry about that, i was a little tired smile.gif .

Kegetys has already helped me so i don´t dare to bother him

more biggrin.gif. Thanks a lot K.

Cmon ppl, dont let this thread die! Can whoever got Satchels sounds to work in Res post how they done it here please?

Thanks,

BAM.

The problem is that it is a lot of CPP coding and so you need time for doing this confused.gif

Same here. Keep this topic alive. I thought that we were nearly there sad.gif

And Munger when do you release that modified Battlesounds pack? Would you care for a full DynamicRanbge version of Battlesounds that includes heli-mguns explosions etc?

nierop, Battlesounds 1.1 is ready but I haven't been able to find a host who can accept it by email (that's the only way I can send it).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 02 2002,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nierop, Battlesounds 1.1 is ready but I haven't been able to find a host who can accept it by email (that's the only way I can send it).<span id='postcolor'>

Make a new thread in Addons&Mods, maybe someone from another site will pick it up?

Also ask at OFPEC and ofp-info and ofp-zone.de smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Sep. 02 2002,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nierop, Battlesounds 1.1 is ready but I haven't been able to find a host who can accept it by email (that's the only way I can send it).<span id='postcolor'>

My offer still stands munger.

I ll host it if you just sent it to me via MSN messenger file transfer.

I can only take 4.9mb mails sad.gif

PM me if needed.

Cheers

BTW i loved the 1.0.

I never played with custom sounds, now i know what i ve been missing !

Thx for making OFP fresh again ! ( for me at least )