Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Looks do matter?

Do not despair, just Get some Beer! (for those around you that is)

_38203206_helenachristensen.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone can look like this after a few drinks!

Beauty may be in the eye of the beer holder rather than the beholder, according to a new study by scientists.

Academics in Scotland have found proof of the so-called "beer goggles" effect, following a study involving 80 students.

The researchers wanted to measure the infamous phenomenon by which members of the opposite sex become more attractive more alcohol is consumed.

They found that men and women who have drunk a moderate amount of alcohol find the faces of the opposite sex 25% more attractive than their sober counterparts.

The study also revealed there was no difference in the beer goggle effect between men and women.

<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think this really comes as a surprise to anyone. I think the interesting thing is how the concept of beauty has changed over the ages. In the 17-1800s it seemed as if larger women were considered the beauties and were most lusted after. Whereas in the present, it seems as if the ideal has grown skinnier and skinnier.

Well looks are important, they are not everything. Some girls look good but make me want to kill myself becuase they are so annoying. sad.gif

Maybe if I drank more DORs posts would be less sanctimonious and annoying...

just messing with you DOR smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe if I drank more DORs posts would be less sanctimonious and annoying...

just messing with you DOR <span id='postcolor'>

sure!lol tounge.gif

I think looks dont matter, up to a certain point. When someone is so incredibly repulsive as to make one cringe, then no matter how funny, intelligent and loving that person is, they just arent going to get the most out of life.

One of the few places where looks do not matter are these forums.

Looks usually matter to people, sometimes maybe too much, but there is a good reason why naturally we look at looks. (does that even make sense? tounge.gif )

Just being around people that look good will make you feel better, this is a fact... well unless you look terrible and keep going for the mirror. wink.gif

My girlfriend always says: "You're lucky that you are so cute, otherwise you'd be in trouble." when I do something wrong. So I am a firm believer that better looking people have it easier. tounge.gif

When your dead sexy like I am, it doesn't matter! tounge.gif

Of course looks matter, to a degree. When you pick up a girl at a nightclub, looks are generally the first thing that get your attention. Of course, if she then turns out to be really annoying or a headcase, then looks don't really matter...adios.

It's not just about dealing with females! It matters all over the place. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 24 2002,03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My girlfriend always says: "You're lucky that you are so cute, otherwise you'd be in trouble." when I do something wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

You never told us that your girlfriend has a bad eye-sight biggrin.gif

Seriously, I have always been an advocate of form over substance smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 24 2002,03:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My girlfriend always says: "You're lucky that you are so cute, otherwise you'd be in trouble." when I do something wrong. So I am a firm believer that better looking people have it easier. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

um.... yeah.... she forgives you cause you are cute....uh huh....

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 24 2002,04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not just about dealing with females!  It matters all over the place. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sure it does...I mean, girls are just as attracted by physical beauty as guys are.

Someyimes it's hard, being mobbed by girls everytime I go out, and the sighs and fainting when I take off my shirt and flex get a little boring after a while.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 24 2002,04:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK ok, you think you are Elvis or something. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no..Elvis became fat in latter life..remember cheeseburger delievery to Grace land?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 24 2002,04wow.gif7)

It's not just about dealing with females! It matters all over the place.

Sure it does...I mean, girls are just as attracted by physical beauty as guys are.

Someyimes it's hard, being mobbed by girls everytime I go out, and the sighs and fainting when I take off my shirt and flex get a little boring after a while.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea I do the same thing. tounge.gif Girls would probably run from me. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 23 2002,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 24 2002,04:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK ok, you think you are Elvis or something. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no..Elvis became fat in latter life..remember cheeseburger delievery to Grace land?<span id='postcolor'>

Yea later on... too bad what happened to the guy. confused.gif

Damn, look at all the jealousy. I'm not a very tall guy but I make up for that with my stunning looks and by being a sexual tyrannosaurus. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 24 2002,05:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and by being a sexual tyrannosaurus. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

uhh.you mean big but inefficient? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 24 2002,04:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 24 2002,04wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not just about dealing with females!  It matters all over the place. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Someyimes it's hard, being mobbed by girls everytime I go out, and the sighs and fainting when I take off my shirt and flex get a little boring after a while.<span id='postcolor'>

ROTFL

Am I the only one that remembers Fubar's pic from the 'what do you look like' thread?

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Women will tolerate a lot of shortcomings in men, but it seems shortness isn't one of them<span id='postcolor'>

well thats good, im 6'4" tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ Aug. 23 2002,20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Women will tolerate a lot of shortcomings in men, but it seems shortness isn't one of them<span id='postcolor'>

well thats good, im 6'4" tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm almost 6 foot, somewhere around 5' 11'' and i'm taller than every girl i know, so i'm not worrying.