Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

Its not a mod, if you go back to page 56 you will see what im doing biggrin.gif

Ok guys, I have an idea that I need someone's help to try.

I really just need someone to either take a picture or blow a charge, either way, and I need to do it in a multiplayer game (you know, so you can watch and take the picture).  Any volunteers?

You MUST have the new Kawasaki klr 250 motorbike by SelectThis (download here) AND the ramp (download here).

Email me at flyguy140@hotmail.com or reply here if you're interested. I want to do this ASAP, and all spectators are welcome smile.gif

Important announcement!!!

Dear members of the community, the time has come that OFP is no longer taken as a silly afternoon amusement but a challenge for hardworking gentlemen. The stuntthread is no longer a place of anarchy but has become the centre of this rapidly growing SPORT. So before we face the new upgrade, after OFPR now OFPRS (OFPRstunts) we should start to structure and streamline our efforts. In the name of the AlbertSchweizer Stunt foundation I propose the following:

Create stunts that we can coppy, give them a name (e.g. Denoir-rocket-flip

Then create challenges e.g. "do the Harnu-plunge-jump then a Red-Oct-wheely over a truck and finally an AlbertSchweitzer-crash-all-dead"

And finally! dont eat eggs with silver spoons, you ruin them and it tastes terrible!

So be it! smile.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif  wink.gif

Lol, maybe when we get the screenshots on the  mag then we could add little comments about who submitted it, what the move was and what they've called it etc lol....

O and dont forget the SOT-wolf 360 spin

Any of you guys want to help out? It'd only take like 5-10 minutes. I'm just really eager to do this, it'll be fun. biggrin.gif

This is what the main design looks like so far:

sitecap.jpg

The title is just a ramdom pic i put in there too see what it would look like, the menu is basically done, i need victor to make it into php first though before i can make admin logins and things.... The center section is where the news will be posted...

In the menu:

Forums

About the site and its purpose

Sp maps people will make

and mp maps

The stunt addons that have been created, e.g. the amazing kawasaki

Editor Extra for the ramps, new models of objects needed for the maps...

Wallpapers that are made from the best stunt shots

The Mag is where the screenshots are going to be held. They are going to contain the page full of the shots and the thumbnails will link to the details of the shot e.g. who submitted it etc, what the move was.

Submissions

links to other sites

And obviously SOTW (stunt of the week)

Im think about making a seperate area for videos too smile.gif but im going to need someone with an avi codec to seriously compress the size of the avi's once recorded...

On the other menu it will show the most recent made maps and addons and then the most downloaded.

I have a funny feeling this is going to be big  biggrin.gif

Edit: Btw im open to any suggestions

I wanted to reply with yes, but I am currently reinstalling OFP. I got the "cant memory map campaign 1985" problem and got to look through my addons to see which I dont need.

I'm good at designing but psp7 just doesn't have a fading tool... (so you can fade images into other images)

And i think this is very useful... Anyone is open to send me their ideas on a title design... But make sure its in either gif or jpg format

Dimensions 855x180

This title is good enough for the moment tounge.gif

sitetitle.jpg

The text wasn't exactly centered so i've fixed that now...

Man i need your guys' icq, msn numbers and names etc

We're on a role here smile.gif

One more thing, you need to have OFP:R to work this.  We can do it without resistance, but I'd have to redo the MP map.

EDIT - Just so I'm not doing the same thing twice, nobody's ever jumped over 20 some buses with a satchel in the middle, right?

oh, I forgot, if you are looking for people for your mp sessions, count me in. i could just stand and watch...

We need a team of the same people joining one map made for stunts....

these people join, one as the stunt master, maybe a couple.. The other people (spectators) need to stand around the stunt site from different angles and choose which shots are best for me to use on the site.....

Note:

Good news and bad news...

The site is still going ahead, victor said he wouldn't mind phping everything for me, but he has exams in two weeks and said he wont be able to do anything until November 18th sad.gifconfused.gif

So if you guys can get yourselves in to well sorted teams, get the best shots you can ready for the site to be completed then brilliant.. If there are any map makers out there then get to work making some really cool stunt maps...

Any island makers, make long straights with hills everywhere for big run ups and then fly smile.gif

If there are any modelers out there then we need you to design new ramps, vehicles... This is half a Mod idea half Complete 100% fun biggrin.gif

Count me in, who's up for the first stunt tonight?  I've been working for about an hour getting this thing just right, made an MP mission and everything.

I can convert it to regular OFP if needed.

EDIT - my ICQ is 41125156

MSN and email is flyguy140@hotmail.com

AOLIM is FSPilot8

Y! Messenger is flyguy140

HHAHAHAH. I shot the chopper with the beo gun before I left my house. I've been letting OFP run for 5 hours while I was out. The Hinds altitude is now 1,460,000+ and still going haah! Half fuel too!.

I've got a screenie of this I will get up soon, I'm gonna top it out at 1,500,000 and post both, AHHAHA!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Here's the pic, It's not at 1,500,000 like I wanted, but It was taking to long to get that high.

http://www.geocities.com/harnu14/Page2.html

Before I left at 80,000 feet the chopper vanished, then flickered on and off, then vanished again.  Now you can't see it but still, this is rad!

And the speed varied from + to - 9000

Haha thats pretty cool, ok FSPilot mate, i've added you to msn as i use that more than the other messengers.

And I got you on mine, lets see how many other people we can get in on this.

I got midterms, but I will join u guys in a week and a half from now he he

Ok people, heres the deal so listen up and please reply.

FSPilot and i have been chatting on msn for a while now and we have come to this so far.

He has put together a mp map for stunt usage but we may need more.. We're looking for people that have net connections at dual isdn or higher that could work with us in getting screenshots..

The maps are going to be around 8 players max. There will be about 2-3 people doing the stunts, the rest will be around the stunt grounds and take the shots (best) as they jump.

The map is going to contain many vehicles because the amount of bailing is unbelievable.. Also respawn points for those who get killed...

These people will join together to talk about their shots and decide on the best possible for the site...

We're still looking for about 10 or more people who can help out. He says he just joined a clan so they may be able to help which is cool, but i can't get anywhere without you guys...

To help us out and publish this thing a bit randomly talk about it in other areas of the forums

I can help

MSN: snoopythegreat1@hotmail.com

AIM : snoopythegreat1

connection : aDSL

dont forget to give each of the spectators an AI so they can have command view biggrin.gif for better shots.

and maybe a tank for clearing wreckage tounge.gif

E-mail for AOL  Harnu14@aol.com

AIM: Harnu14

Connection is a DSL/Cable, Don't ask.  It's what It says on the box and I get great speed on the net.

I can't help until next week or later.  This week is the last week of football at school.  Practices last for a while and I'm wiped out afterward.  Last game is this Friday, then I gotta go back Saturday to return my gear.

And it's best to contact me here. Send me a PM if you need me. Cause I'm rarely checking my mail or on AIM/ICQ. This is really the only spot I come to.

Great! This is gonna be fun.

I'm still working on more stunts to do.

I'f I can find where I got that BeoGun, This would make some stunts veeeeery intersting smile.gif

this is great!

can anybody recommend a good screenshot taker that automaticaly changes pictures it to .jpg?

I have one but it changes it to .bmp and its a slight hassle to change all of it.