Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 30 2002,03:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also have you by three chinooks, if you look at this link.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, here are 13 chinooks, not so thightly spaces smile.gif

bl1.jpg

bl3.jpg

bl2.jpg

bl4.jpg

bl5.jpg

bl6.jpg

bl7.jpg

Oh, so we're using the "uber" ramp to jump our chinooks now, eh?

Alright, be back in a few minutes... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 30 2002,07:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 30 2002,03:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also have you by three chinooks, if you look at this link.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, here are 13 chinooks, not so thightly spaces smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, in the future id like to propose a system of rules and regulations for each jump. For instance, i made 11 chinooks with a one story ramp, not a Uber ramp. So, techincally, your 13 chinook jump is in a different class determined by the size of the ramp, and doesnt qualify for competition.

But until then, heres 14 chinooks (on a two story ramp):

14a.jpg

14b.jpg

14c.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 30 2002,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, here are 13 chinooks, not so thightly spaces smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My was not on an über-ramp - it was a two-set ramp. I should also add that my chinooks were airborne and with much larger spacing.

Here is a bit different stunt. I eject in mid-air and shoot people on the ground. Quite a bit harder then it might look:

ej1.jpg

ej2.jpg

ej3.jpg

ej4.jpg

ej5.jpg

ej6.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 30 2002,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My was not on an über-ramp - it was a two-set ramp. I should also add that my chinooks were airborne and with much larger spacing.<span id='postcolor'>

I consider anything with more than one story a uber-ramp. Also, mine were flying too. I'd never jump an air unit that was just sitting there. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 30 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 30 2002,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My was not on an über-ramp - it was a two-set ramp. I should also add that my chinooks were airborne and with much larger spacing.<span id='postcolor'>

I consider anything with more than one story a uber-ramp. Also, mine were flying too. I'd never jump an air unit that was just sitting there. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, Aculaud. It was fun and games so far, but I would like to see you beat this one smile.gif

20 chinooks, one normal ramp.

I have developed a new technique for going faster. I won't exactly tell you, but I think you might get a good idea from the screenshots. Note - this is not scripting and this is not config cpp editing. I use one AI help in the tornado, but that's all.

mega1.jpg

mega2.jpg

mega3.jpg

mega4.jpg

mega5.jpg

mega6.jpg

mega7.jpg

mega8.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 29 2002,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah yeah yeah!!! Monster trucks for OFP!!! Why didn't someone think of this before? Oh....and jetskis for water stunts!<span id='postcolor'>

I said this A LONG TIME ago lol.... i thought maybe someone would listen if i posted some pics

you know when your in a jet on the ground with the engine running and you press eject, you go a good 50 meters high, someone should go up the ramp, project themselves and see how far they can go including the para.

nice denoir..i was thinking that someone will do that eject and shoot enemy thing.

i'm betting that you'll ba highly valued in OFP Creeps or Blood gang... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 30 2002,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 30 2002,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 30 2002,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My was not on an über-ramp - it was a two-set ramp. I should also add that my chinooks were airborne and with much larger spacing.<span id='postcolor'>

I consider anything with more than one story a uber-ramp. Also, mine were flying too. I'd never jump an air unit that was just sitting there. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, Aculaud. It was fun and games so far, but I would like to see you beat this one smile.gif

20 chinooks, one normal ramp.

I have developed a new technique for going faster. I won't exactly tell you, but I think you might get a good idea from the screenshots. Note - this is not scripting and this is not config cpp editing. I use one AI help in the tornado, but that's all.

mega1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

After some brief experimentation, i must ask you. How did you get that plane to push you? I cant get one to move an inch while i'm in front of it. I would also like to add that if you want this to be a fair competition, you must disclose all your methods for the stunt, or else i really have no place to go with it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 31 2002,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After some brief experimentation, i must ask you. How did you get that plane to push you? I cant get one to move an inch while i'm in front of it. I would also like to add that if you want this to be a fair competition, you must disclose all your methods for the stunt, or else i really have no place to go with it.<span id='postcolor'>

A magician never reveals his methods, so I won't reveal mine either wink.gif

I'll give you some practical hints though:

[*] Make sure that the plane takes off before you hit the ramp.

[*] Move the ramp a bit undgerground, otherwise it will break when you hit it at high speed.

[*] Only do this on a runway, otherwise the AI driving the plane wants to turn = you crash.

[*] Don't use an A-10 to push you. The AI wants to turn too much.

[*] You can serially connect several planes (a plane pushing a plane pushing you) - and get even higher speeds. My current maximum speed record has been 1400 km/h.

[*] Timing is the key, you need to time the exact moment when the plane flies away.

[*] Choose the car wisely. Not all cars are suited to be pushed. Look for a car with a low center of mass - otherwise it will flip.

serial.jpg

Ok, i'm not using an A10, i'm trying this with an SU-25, and its not moving an inch. It litterally wont move forward while i'm in front of it. So whats not happening here?

try not to think that this is arrogant of me say, but the only thing that looks challenging about these stunts is simply the scripting and the amount of distance to figure in the mission editor. in other words, once the scenario is made anybody can make that jump w/ little skill  confused.gif jumping over 30 helechopters only requires a bunch of ramps carefully set to make a very large ramp, and a fast car and like that jag or barons charger. isn't there somebody able to make a stunt that requires more gameplay skill than editing talent?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Aug. 30 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">try not to think that this is arrogant of me say, but the only thing that looks challenging about these stunts is simply the scripting and the amount of distance to figure in the mission editor. in other words, once the scenario is made anybody can make that jump w/ little skill  confused.gif jumping over 30 helechopters only requires a bunch of ramps carefully set to make a very large ramp, and a fast car and like that jag or barons charger. isn't there somebody able to make a stunt that requires more gameplay skill than editing talent?<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately, this is about all we can do. I get a kick out of doing HUGE stunts, like that time i jumped petrovice, while Denoir gets his jollys from more techincal stuff, like bailing out mid-air and seeing how many soldiers he can shoot from the air before he hits the ground.

Why dont you make the "Stunt that requires skill"?

no its very possible, i have a idea soo deviously awsome that'll make Jackie Chan himself jealous. the best stunt so perfect and challenging that you'd soil yerself....erm maybe not but in anycase i need some help w/ some scripting/editing to get my plan to work i posted a thread in mission editing reguarding the details should somebody care to help me smile.gif

could somebody make a ramp like this for operation flashpoint: COLD WAR CRISIS?confused.gif?confused.gif

please?

i don't have the money for resistance sad.gif

it would be really great; then i can do stunts too

the zip file is empty  sad.gif . I tried to download it several times.

can you(or anybody else) send the zipfile to my e-mail adres please???

then i wil do a 360° stunt between 2 airplanes with a boat

my e-mail is Timothy_87@hotmail.com

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 30 2002,21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, i'm not using an A10, i'm trying this with an SU-25, and its not moving an inch. It litterally wont move forward while i'm in front of it. So whats not happening here?<span id='postcolor'>

Denoir! Still need help, man.

UnderNogovaBridge.JPG

Beat this upside-down bridge stunt. (Had to use joystick!)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Coins @ Aug. 31 2002,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Beat this upside-down bridge stunt. (Had to use joystick!wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

done by Denoir some pages ago smile.gif

Well, i hope you guys will be happy to know that i have finally got my computer up and running.. Soon i can make some of my own stunts wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Coins @ Sep. 01 2002,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My mistake! I withdraw my prior challenge.

UnderNogovaBridge2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

nah don't worry! we all can understand that someone is as good as the other.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 31 2002,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 30 2002,21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, i'm not using an A10, i'm trying this with an SU-25, and its not moving an inch. It litterally wont move forward while i'm in front of it. So whats not happening here?<span id='postcolor'>

Denoir! Still need help, man.<span id='postcolor'>

waiting.........waiting patiently. C'mon, Denoir, if i dont even know how, theres no way i can beat you! wink.gif