Sign in to follow this  
Fushko

Why are you locking graphics settings for some PCs?

I just don't get it. First off I was able to run the game just fine with the textures on ultra using a 550 Ti, back when the ultra setting was not locked. Second, if people get bad framerates and don't want to lower the graphics it's their problem damn it. Ultra gives a big performance hit? People just won't use it, but let me give the possibility to push to ultra even if it's bad!

just go to video, choose preset , choose ultra and than you ready to customize ultra settings.

just go to video, choose preset , choose ultra and than you ready to customize ultra settings.

Doesn't seem to work for me. If I put to ultra the game automatically sets some settings to very high without the possibility to set to ultra.

Doesn't seem to work for me. If I put to ultra the game automatically sets some settings to very high without the possibility to set to ultra.

Some settings don't have an ultra.

Edited by TheCapulet

Some parts don't have an ultra.

But I'm quite sure the textures have an ultra setting.

Yep, you're right. Mine does. I'll agree with you then Frank. That's honestly kinda lame. Don't limit us because a vocal portion of your customers don't understand simulation performance. Give Frank all the options to grind his fps to a screeching halt!

I think that ULTRA Textures are only for GPUs with 2 gig of RAM at least. I had one GPU with 1 gig and the Ultra Setting did´t show up too

Yep, you're right. Mine does. I'll agree with you then Frank. That's honestly kinda lame. Don't limit us because a vocal portion of your customers don't understand simulation performance. Give Frank all the options to grind his fps to a screeching halt!

Sarcasm right? My FPS were very good on ultra. I just disable AA and AO (which are things I don't even care that much) and I get 30-60 FPS with all settings on ultra (except PIP).

I think that ULTRA Textures are only for GPUs with 2 gig of RAM at least. I had one GPU with 1 gig and the Ultra Setting did´t show up too

Yup. The fact is that I can run ultra textures with no noticeable performance hit on a 1GB card.

Sarcasm right? My FPS were very good on ultra. I just disable AA and AO (which are things I don't even care that much) and I get 30-60 FPS with all settings on ultra (except PIP).

Yup. The fact is that I can run ultra textures with no noticeable performance hit on a 1GB card.

I can also run Ultra textures without a major performance hit. Kinda strange that you can't push to Ultra (I can, and it certainly drops to like 8 FPS lol). Seems like that may be based on hardware. But I don't think that has anything to do with a vocal group who has performance issues. Because the solution to BI's performance hiccups isn't to simply limit the user to only choosing low settings.

I wonder if you go to ‪C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Arma 3\Arma3.cfg replace those lines with:

forcedAdapterId=-1;

detectedAdapterId=0;

detectedAdapterVendorId=4318;

detectedAdapterDeviceId=4489;

detectedAdapterSubSysId=158996846;

detectedAdapterRevision=161;

detectedAdapterBenchmark=70;

will it allow you to use ultra settings ?

It is my config for 670gtx 2GB (can change to ultra settings) but I remember with 580gtx 1.5GB I could use ultra settings. And MAKE BACKUP of your original file first ! cheers, pawel

I wonder if you go to ‪C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Arma 3\Arma3.cfg replace those lines with:

forcedAdapterId=-1;

detectedAdapterId=0;

detectedAdapterVendorId=4318;

detectedAdapterDeviceId=4489;

detectedAdapterSubSysId=158996846;

detectedAdapterRevision=161;

detectedAdapterBenchmark=70;

will it allow you to use ultra settings ?

It is my config for 670gtx 2GB (can change to ultra settings) but I remember with 580gtx 1.5GB I could use ultra settings. And MAKE BACKUP of your original file first ! cheers, pawel

After starting the game the values reset to default :(

Sarcasm right?

Only slightly. But I'm always sarcastic, even if I really do agree with you. I definitely don't think settings need to be limited based on hardware. They're already limited by performance, it's a complete waste of time to construct another artificial limit just seemingly for the hell of it, as I'd too really like to believe BI isn't limiting their settings on hardware just to quiet those who are too lazy or ignorant to figure out their best settings.

After starting the game the values reset to default :(

You would have to set config to 'read only', then it won't change back to default.

You would have to set config to 'read only', then it won't change back to default.

The settings don't change, but the ultra option remains locked. :mad:

The texture setting is also in 'profile name'.Arma3Profile file in Documents\arma3 folder, textureQuality=3;.

But seems that editing it doesn't work for me..

The texture setting is also in 'profile name'.Arma3Profile file in Documents\arma3 folder, textureQuality=3;.

But seems that editing it doesn't work for me..

I've set the texture quality to 5 and it works (:D) if you make the file read only. The game still says that the textures are on very high even if they are on ultra though.

And guess what? No performance hit at all!

I've set the texture quality to 5 and it works (:D) if you make the file read only. The game still says that the textures are on very high even if they are on ultra though.

And guess what? No performance hit at all!

Works? lol

How do you know? I'm still not sure, in screenshot comparison with very high and ultra it seems almost the same for me.

tbh, can't see difference between ultra and very high, or even high at all. So nothing to worry about much. But you fixed it anyway.

tbh, can't see difference between ultra and very high, or even high at all. So nothing to worry about much. But you fixed it anyway.

Well I see a lot of difference, the biggest one is the tessellation that was totally absent on very high.

thx for the tipp, will try it with my GTX570 1.5gig ram. I hope the card will not run out of ram, maybe slowdowns as a result.

Just to clear this up though, Arma 3 doesn't use tessellation. What you're seeing is probably more crisp bumpmaps.

They have a very similiar effect, thanks for letting me know btw.