Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Lav-25, piranha iv... 8 wheeled armoured vehicles.

...So who's gonna make the addons for them? In real life these units are very effective. Surely somebody must have made add-ons for them. Also has anybody made any New Zealand infantry add-ons? I'm sick of being an Australian (the closest thing I can find to an NZ kit.).

My god, the Barret M82A1 Anti Material Rifle is wicked. You can find it at www.ofpeditingcentre.com

Cheers confused.gif

I'm also eager for these 8x8's to pop up. The closest I've seen thus far is the Patria, which is available at various addon sites, which has 6 wheels.

I'm in the process of making a canadian forces addon, which at present includes an infantry rifle section, the c7a1 assault rifle (pretty much the m16, with autofire and a scope whenever I am able to find an appropriate scoped model) and the CH146 Griffon helicopter. eventually I want to include the new LAV III mech infantry transport, the C1 Leopard tank, our versions of the M113, and the CF18 hornet, once I find an appropriate F/A-18 to pay homage to.

Maybe I'll delve into the New Zealand armed forces. I dont mind specializing in lesser touched armed forces. I'll check out your department of defense site and see if I can whip anything up.

That would be nifty, but I think the best way to go about such a phenomenal undertaking is for different people to work on different nations of the commonwealth. I know I'm going nuts contemplating the different uniform and section types that I'm going to include.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ Aug. 22 2002,05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...So who's gonna make the addons for them? In real life these units are very effective. Surely somebody must have made add-ons for them. Also has anybody made any New Zealand infantry add-ons? I'm sick of being an Australian (the closest thing I can find to an NZ kit.).

My god, the Barret M82A1 Anti Material Rifle is wicked. You can find it at www.ofpeditingcentre.com

Cheers confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which Barrett is wicked??? Mine or someone else's?

FlipeR

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ Aug. 22 2002,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ Aug. 22 2002,05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...So who's gonna make the addons for them? In real life these units are very effective. Surely somebody must have made add-ons for them. Also has anybody made any New Zealand infantry add-ons? I'm sick of being an Australian (the closest thing I can find to an NZ kit.).

Cheers confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which Barrett is wicked??? Mine or someone else's?

FlipeR<span id='postcolor'>

Your M82A1 is great...could you make us an udated O2 version before you retire? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 22 2002,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LAV-25 is under contruction. its a hush-hush project though. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yet again the East falls further and further behind in the addon race. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 22 2002,11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 22 2002,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LAV-25 is under contruction. its a hush-hush project though. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yet again the East falls further and further behind in the addon race.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

how about some east choppers then? smile.gif

KA-29 and MI-26?

lets keep the rest secr about what else we make smile.gif

theres also a PT-76 coming with the nam pack, not much of a chance against mbt's but a very well used russian light amphibious tank smile.gif

a pandur was also made by one mod, but i don't know the name of mod, and the pandur has also an other name witch i can't remember...solly sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nuddicrous @ Aug. 22 2002,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm also eager for these 8x8's to pop up. The closest I've seen thus far is the Patria, which is available at various addon sites, which has 6 wheels.

I'm in the process of making a canadian forces addon, which at present includes an infantry rifle section, the c7a1 assault rifle (pretty much the m16, with autofire and a scope whenever I am able to find an appropriate scoped model) and the CH146 Griffon helicopter. eventually I want to include the new LAV III mech infantry transport, the C1 Leopard tank, our versions of the M113, and the CF18 hornet, once I find an appropriate F/A-18 to pay homage to.

Maybe I'll delve into the New Zealand armed forces. I dont mind specializing in lesser touched armed forces. I'll check out your department of defense site and see if I can whip anything up.<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent! Our Armies website is pretty naf. But I just spent a week in East Timor doing some shows for the Army there and they are Awesome!! Incl in NZ army Battalion 6 there ar troops from Ireland, Singapore, Fiji, Russia, and about 12 ohter nations. A timor Mod would rock!! Oi, I got to drive an M113 in Timor! Two Levers, Auto gears, Gas and door lever. Easy as.

One thing I noticed was that all these nations equip in a very similar fashion. Would it be an idea to create generic models, and just various nations badges and Faces...

I got to fire the Steyr Aug Assault rifle too.... Sweet

tounge.gif

I'm actually really surprised there isn't a BTR out yet - I know it's one of the most wanted addons from a poll on the DKM site, and I would have thought it would be one of the first to be made. I personally want it because it's like the East equivalent of the M113.

Also, a Russian Heavy Machine Gun is still missing; again one of the first addons I thought would be produced. Oh well. confused.gif

german luchs (i think its lynx in english) scout vehicle and russian (serbian) btr-70 are in pruduce by bw-mod...also the pt-76.... but thats not against evis making one too.... just waiting for nam pack 2

I think BIS should just keep making addons for this game and realeasing them to us....i dont want to download like a 1GB game everytime i want some new unit. Just release them in patches and stuff...I think a BTR should have been made instead of the BMP-2.

the east equivalent of the m113 would have been this...

mt-lb_DMSD9802445_JPG.jpg

the west equivalent of the btr's are the lav's

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Aug. 22 2002,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">german luchs (i think its lynx in english) scout vehicle and russian (serbian) btr-70 are in pruduce by bw-mod...also the pt-76.... but thats not against evis making one too.... just waiting for nam pack 2<span id='postcolor'>

ive already made mine and ebud starts texturing it this weekend

i dont think there is an east vehicle really equivalent to the m113 ... the bmp is stronger armed... the mt-lb... isnt really that kind of apc too.... but its fits better with the m113 then the bmp thats right