Sign in to follow this  
xp10

Rally Style

If there was one thing that would be good for Stratis, and better for Altis, it is rally cars. I'm in the process of adding Evo 9 and sedan-style STi, with 3dsmax. The models are about ready. Is there any interest in this?

Well, to me all additions are cool. And if you can add those cars, I'd for sure download them ( right now there are IMO too few civilian cars ).

i would think the interest is definitely there. with the new suspension and awesome roads on the islands i have had the same idea. here is a rally fiesta i was working on. unfortunately im not too great at interiors so i got really demotivated when i got to that step. i might try to finish it up here soon but i would need some help with some stuff

http://i.imgur.com/hKPo07P.png (119 kB)

I'd love to ride some proper rally cars in the race missions I've actually grown to enjoy.

If this does see the light of day though, I do have one request. Release the cars minus race liveries and Aero gear as well. The civ vehicle list def needs some upgrades. :)

i would think the interest is definitely there. with the new suspension and awesome roads on the islands i have had the same idea. here is a rally fiesta i was working on. unfortunately im not too great at interiors so i got really demotivated when i got to that step. i might try to finish it up here soon but i would need some help with some stuff

http://i.imgur.com/hKPo07P.png (119 kB)

I would be glad working on the configs for you!

I am interested in this for sure, would love to see some of the late 90's rally cars in arma 3 though like a Subaru WRC 22b style car. The setting of the maps really fits rally I think.

Good luck with whatever cars youre working on!

I would be glad working on the configs for you!

hey ill never turn down help! ill try and find time to work on the model soon. life has been very busy lately.

sorry xp10, i wasnt trying to hijack your thread, just trying to show that there is interest in this. shoot me a pm when youre on, i would like to talk about helping you out with all this. possibly releasing a pack together if youre interested.

Got to ask is someone still working on rally cars for Arma 3?

May i suggest using the Offroads physics model, because the Offroad drifts better than any other vehicle in the Vanilla. All that needs doing is maybe acceleration.

I think the altis terrain is some sort suit for rally, or need for speed pursuit. So could add some police car?

Not sure if you are aware Lao Fei Mao, but I think there is atleast two police car mods on armaholic.com to download if youre interested.

If anyone decides to work on the cars I hope the car will handle a lot more like a real car than they do now in A3, they feel really wonky right now and yeah, its not a driving sim but still id like to see some semi realistic handling on arma one day.

Nevermind using Offroad statistics, maybe you could get RedPhoenix to help you out with how he redid the vanilla transmissions and everything? His cars seems to handle nicely, or nicer at least.