Sign in to follow this  
Tex-Twil

campain not available ?

Hi,

so the game is now released but when I go to the "Campain", it says that it is not available yet. I can only play the showcases, challenges and user posted missions. How do I play the game ?

If by "game" you mean specifically single-player story, then I'm afraid you just have to wait for the campaign to become available.

This part is really my only concern with the release - people who just want to play a story-led game are not catered for.

I dont care much about the campaign, in previous ARMA it was buggy as hell and the only way i could finish it was to use the end mission cheat. They put more attention to multiplayer this time for the release and the singleplayer campaign comes a bit later, i don't mind. MP is where most of the fun is.

I dont care much about the campaign, in previous ARMA it was buggy as hell and the only way i could finish it was to use the end mission cheat. They put more attention to multiplayer this time for the release and the singleplayer campaign comes a bit later, i don't mind. MP is where most of the fun is.

Not everyone shares your opinion and I can assure you that there are many people who exclusively play SP because that is where their 'fun is'.

The SP campaign in A2 was good fun (even with the termite infestation ;) ).

If by "game" you mean specifically single-player story, then I'm afraid you just have to wait for the campaign to become available.

This part is really my only concern with the release - people who just want to play a story-led game are not catered for.

or people who just want a game that's fully released and not a wip for 59.99

Yeah, but we dunno when: beginning? Middle? End?

All I want is the full campaign released, and more informations about it, such as the number of missions, what kind, etc...

I also do not share this opinion, and some facts are wrong. Every previous Arma2 CO + DLC campaign could be finished on advanced difficulty WITHOUT using any cheats, although there were occasional annoying bugs. SP is just as important as MP for many players, and a creative, story-based campaign is vital to set the tone for nearly every shooter ever released. I'm looking forward to the 1st campaign installment with quite some anticipation.

Yeah, I just hope it won't take too much time.

ok thanks for your answers.

I wait till the campaign is released then. I think the user experience in a game takes a serious hit when you start it and all you see are some short missions.

I really loved the campaign of the original Operation Flashpoint and that's something I expect in Arma 3 as well ;)

cheers

I vastly prefer a "good and without any game breaking bugs" campaign, than a rushed one. So no problem for me, even if it could hurt some reviewers or newcomers.