tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Glad to help tpw!

Will help out in any way I can to test MP functionality (both local host and dedi). Thanks for continuing to work improving it!

TPW,

It will be nice to see AI dialogue when behind cover during a firefight. Not exactly like the civilians do in tpw_civs but maybe with some of the more squad like gestures at random. This will be only when they are not in immediate danger. Maybe run towards AI already kneeling down if less than 5m (userconfig) away and dialog. It can be called tpw_dialogue or tpw_gestures or whatever you can think of. What do you think?

Sounds like an interesting idea but it might prove tricky to do without getting in the way of danger fsm and other mods. i'll put it on my consideration list.

Any room on that consideration list for factories and houses to randomly emit smoke from their chimneys, an addition that would make the environment that little bit more "alive". Possible?

Any room on that consideration list for factories and houses to randomly emit smoke from their chimneys, an addition that would make the environment that little bit more "alive". Possible?

Plenty of room e-o. It's a similar process to HOUSELIGHTS except I'd have to work out where to place the smoke emitter for each house class.

Smoke from their chimneys is a GREAT idea.

I'd recommend some type of option to limit how many chimneys smoke in a given area. I have a fast new computer, so I'm game for anything, but I know for a fact that many people feel strongly that smoke is a frame-rate killer. So you may get complaints if there's too much smoke.

Whole TPW SETTINGS GUI will be black for a month as mourning to how freaking much ITALY SUCKS. Jesus.

From the next update.

Yay!

Smoke from their chimneys is a GREAT idea.

I'd recommend some type of option to limit how many chimneys smoke in a given area. I have a fast new computer, so I'm game for anything, but I know for a fact that many people feel strongly that smoke is a frame-rate killer. So you may get complaints if there's too much smoke.

The great thing about the TPW mod is that it's so modular...if it ain't for you, don't use it! BRING ON THE SMOKE!!

Seriously tho, still a big fan of Loyalguard's AEG mod which featured working smokestacks. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15178

Edited by evil-organ
bad spelling!!

I'd recommend some type of option to limit how many chimneys smoke in a given area.

Amount of displayed at a time particles is limited, so also impact on performance. But, if limit is reached, player may see disturbing things, like explosions vanishing in the middle of "boom" etc.

In A2 ALICE module had chimney smoke feature. It was nice. Interesting however, how often on these islands is cold enough, so people there need to stoke in their houses.

Amount of displayed at a time particles is limited, so also impact on performance. But, if limit is reached, player may see disturbing things, like explosions vanishing in the middle of "boom" etc.

In A2 ALICE module had chimney smoke feature. It was nice. Interesting however, how often on these islands is cold enough, so people there need to stoke in their houses.

I'd tie it in with TPW FOG so that smoke would only appear below 10 degrees or something like that.

It just occurred to me that having smoking chimneys could explain where all the furniture went on Altis...

I see your point, but just imagine the factories and power plants and the odd house here and there.......

Standing on a hillside in Northern Altis and seeing a solitary house or factory with smoke rising from the stack would sure look cool....

Less is more when adding immersion to a landscape:)

Edited by evil-organ

I wish to report that HUD is blinking again for me since last disastrous BIS stable update (1.22)

Do you have similar behavior ?

Chants Bring on the smoke :-) If civs is enabled house with smoke gets a minimum 1 civ spawn out of it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I wish to report that HUD is blinking again for me since last disastrous BIS stable update (1.22)

Do you have similar behavior ?

I'm on the latest dev build which presumably contains many of the "features" of 1.22 (including horrific fatigue weapon sway), and am not observing blinking or flickering. Which items are flickering? The icons over units? Markers? HUD text?

I'm on the latest dev build which presumably contains many of the "features" of 1.22 (including horrific fatigue weapon sway), and am not observing blinking or flickering. Which items are flickering? The icons over units? Markers? HUD text?

HUD text is fine. What is blinking is icons, markers... everything detected on screen.

But I found the guilty : @COM_MOD with patch 1.22 is responsible...

TPW,

Really enjoying the Skirmish here..a lot. I hesitate to ask as you've mentioned this is not a DAC/ALIVE, etc replacement but I have a mission all about helicopters and infantry: AH64D mod for CAS near player, helidrop reinforcements, next is include a fastrope script, extraction script I found on these forums for when the battle gets too hot, and more. The problem is when I board the transport helicopter with my AI squad and we head for base we are greeted by some bad dudes with bad intentions. Could you give skirmish an option to exclude an area defined by a marker size in the script version?

TPW,

Really enjoying the Skirmish here..a lot. I hesitate to ask as you've mentioned this is not a DAC/ALIVE, etc replacement but I have a mission all about helicopters and infantry: AH64D mod for CAS near player, helidrop reinforcements, next is include a fastrope script, extraction script I found on these forums for when the battle gets too hot, and more. The problem is when I board the transport helicopter with my AI squad and we head for base we are greeted by some bad dudes with bad intentions. Could you give skirmish an option to exclude an area defined by a marker size in the script version?

You can already do this sttosin, just put a trigger down in the area you want SKIRMISH to be excluded from. Instructions on the 1st post or in the SKIRMISH readme.

You can already do this sttosin, just put a trigger down in the area you want SKIRMISH to be excluded from. Instructions on the 1st post or in the SKIRMISH readme.
Of course I can. Thanks Tpw. Not sure how I totally missed that.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi whenever I install this mod whether using launch options or drag drop I get this error :

error.png

I downloaded CBA and aggressors. I run the latest version of Arma 3 on win 7 ? what am I doing wrong ?

Hi whenever I install this mod whether using launch options or drag drop I get this error :

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Sf2BBx5ljkU/U6RSV0zHTYI/AAAAAAAAAao/soZaJSmAOYE/w1095-h470-no/error.png

I downloaded CBA and aggressors. I run the latest version of Arma 3 on win 7 ? what am I doing wrong ?

Copy and paste the userconfig file within the TPW mod folder into your Arma 3 root folder, and your good to go:)

Copy and paste the userconfig file within the TPW mod folder into your Arma 3 root folder, and your good to go:)

Is the root folder in steam apps ?

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

Is the root folder in steam apps ?

Testing now.

yep your nearly there, SteamApps>Common>Arma3 :yay:

Just did that and same error happens ? help meh Kevin-Hart-Help-ME-GIF.gif

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

yep your nearly there, SteamApps>Common>Arma3 :yay:

that's where I put it though ? crying-a-puddle.gif

Edited by rokzy_rules
gif

Just did that and same error happens ? help meh http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Kevin-Hart-Help-ME-GIF.gif

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

that's where I put it though ? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying-a-puddle.gif

Did you actually read any of the 1st post mate?

Did you actually read any of the 1st post mate?
\your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp.

I don't have that directory though ?