tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Can anyone explain in greater detail how the enemytype strings work for the skirmish script?

I realize "o_soldier" refers to opfor base class somehow. What would I do to have it default to other types of opfor if I wanted?

Pretty simple really, when it initialises the skirmish script searches the config for editor placeable units whose classname containing the specified string. If you want to use skirmish for other opfor then you just need to know the classnames and work out what the common string is. Alternatively, tell me what opfor you'd like added and I can have a look at doing it.

Pretty simple really, when it initialises the skirmish script searches the config for editor placeable units whose classname containing the specified string. If you want to use skirmish for other opfor then you just need to know the classnames and work out what the common string is. Alternatively, tell me what opfor you'd like added and I can have a look at doing it.

Actually I wanted to try out the North Korean SF units I recently updated.

Because it's kind of vague, it's not a literal unit type, but a part of a common string (which I'm not sure what that is).

If I understood the logic behind it better I could probably figure it out on my own.

For all the NK units it starts with

NK_Soldier_XXX_XX etc

Edited by Pd3

Actually I wanted to try out the North Korean SF units I recently updated.

Because it's kind of vague, it's not a literal unit type, but a part of a common string (which I'm not sure what that is).

If I understood the logic behind it better I could probably figure it out on my own.

For all the NK units it starts with

NK_Soldier_XXX_XX etc

In this case make the string "NK_Soldier" and it should work mate.

In this case make the string "NK_Soldier" and it should work mate.

I had no idea it would be that intuitive, that's pretty cool.

Sorry to nag again, but is it possible without tremendous amounts of editing to simply add an array of multiple strings it can select from?

Thanks Shoker. You can exclude ambient stuff using editor placed objects or triggers. Please read the first post which details it.

Thanks :) But i play in Whole Lotta Altis map, which have updates very often, and i can't edit map without .pbo unpacking every time on every map update. =\

Maybe you can add to cfg in future - ability to disable spawn by map square-sectors (map grid)? Or by map coords with simple radius.

Sorry to nag again, but is it possible without tremendous amounts of editing to simply add an array of multiple strings it can select from?

Sure. You could add something like this to line 991 of the tpw_skirmish script:

_unitstring = ["tec_o_soldier_urban","tec_o_soldier_semiarid","o_soldier","tec_o_soldier"] call BIS_fnc_selectrandom;

Thanks :) But i play in Whole Lotta Altis map, which have updates very often, and i can't edit map without .pbo unpacking every time on every map update. =\

Maybe you can add to cfg in future - ability to disable spawn by map square-sectors (map grid)? Or by map coords with simple radius.

Whole Lotta Altis already provides civilians, cars and animals doesn't it?

There is already some code in the various ambient scripts which could be adopted for your purposes. For example in TPW CARS:

tpw_car_excarray = []; is an array of exclusion objects, which is updated every 30 sec or so.

tpwcarexc -> tpwcarexc_9 are meant to be the name of editor placed exclusion objects, but I'm pretty sure that they'll work as position arrays instead. So if you wanted to exclude cars from spawning at a given position you could try entering in the debug console

tpwcarexc=[100,200,0] (or whatever position co-ordinates you wanted)

Give it a go, if it doesn't work then I'll think about a plan B.

Thanks for your answer TPW :) , but I have to say ,in most time ,I decrease my TPW settings.....

Well i think i've found the reason why is crash sometimes (maybe I'm wrong),I think it's AIA. I explain myself, when air script is on, I notice that when the script try to spawn a plane from arma 2 AIA ,some of TPW script don't run,or the game freeze or sometimes (not often )the game simply crash.......and when i turn air off,problem's disappear.If you have an idea about that and if it could help ,maybe it come from me ,I don't know. Thanks TPW !

Edited by pathaber

Thanks for your answer TPW :) , but I have to say ,in most time ,I decrease my TPW settings.....

Well i think i've found the reason why is crash sometimes (maybe I'm wrong),I think it's AIA. I explain myself, when air script is on, I notice that when the script try to spawn a plane from arma 2 AIA ,some of TPW script don't run,or the game freeze or sometimes (not often )the game simply crash.......and when i turn air off,problem's disappear.

You might be right, but I don't use AiA so I can't confirm. I have found that TPW AIR will crash on a couple of A3MP maps, I wonder if it's related.

Yes TPW,i've disabled AIA, and all issues about freeze,crash,and scripts who don't run are disappeared. At first I've think it could comming from non A3 original maps ,but (for me) only AIA bring that issue ,all my non A3 (from A3MP) installed maps work perfectly with TPW's awsome excellent f....n' amazing mod :D (n'ziwasogo,capraia,tchernarus,shapur,desert,utes, sarhani,zargabad,takistan)...

Edited by pathaber

tpw, I've been busy the last week or two with RL stuff, so haven't had a chance to mess around with Skirmish. That said, since I was bugging you about it, thank you for adding this ability (above). Top notch customer service!

TPW MODS 20140615: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140615.zip

Changes:

[CORE 1.02] Added civilians support to Daryah map. Map specific mod disabling - no civilian cars on maps without roads.

[sKIRMISH 1.06] Added CAF Aggressors to Daryah map. Cars will now be spawned and assigned waypoints when there are no roads. ISIS style insurgents (random CAF Aggressors plus Shemags).

[FOG 1.09] Added Daryah map to desert climate list.

Please update your tpw_mods.hpp

tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0; // 0 = CAF_AG, 1 = CSAT, 2 = AAF, 3 = CSAT Modification Project (CMP) Arid, 4 = CMP semiarid, 5 = CMP urban, 6 = ISIS (mixed CAG Aggressors with shemags)

The main changes with this update are related to the release of the excellent FSF Daryah by Makhno. This desert map map currently has no roads, so I've reworked the skirmish module so that enemy vehicles will still spawn and randomly patrol non road waypoints. The map spawns middle east civilians (if using CAF Aggressors) and has been assigned a desert climate. Lastly, with everybody's least favourite humans ISIS making news in the Levant, I've added an ISIS style faction option by spawning CAF Middle East aggressors, but randomly giving them clothes from all the other CAF Aggressors (so they can have fatigues, T-shirts, shorts etc), and topping it off with a nice shemag.

Tpw, a quick question mate. If I set enemy in skirmish to CAF_AG, but I forget to have it installed, will it crash or will tpw_mods detect that I've been stupid and substitute in an alternative?

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

TPW SETTINGS

[1.11.3]

- parameters matching SKIRMISH [1.06]

No need to manually update your presets.

Yay!

I've been trying to get Kaelies' excellent South Zagorian Army Mod to work with Skirmish, but it isn't spawning any of the units I've put in the _unitstring bit.

Went into the TPW_Skirmish.sqf in the mod folder, tried to follow the same thing as the other mod-oriented spawns such as CAF and etc. and added this (underneath the other enemy types)

Case 7:
       if (isclass (configfile/"CfgWeapons"/"kae_TK_Hat")) then 
           {
           _unitstring = "kae_TK_FAL"
           _carstring = "Kae_RDS"
           }else
           {
           _unitstring = "o_soldier";
           _carstring = "o_mrap";
           };
       };

Then went into the userconfig's .hpp file and changed tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0; to 7. Did so in the Skirmish.sqf too, but it still spawns CSAT?

I'm sure I'm missing something super simple, any ideas?

Tpw, a quick question mate. If I set enemy in skirmish to CAF_AG, but I forget to have it installed, will it crash or will tpw_mods detect that I've been stupid and substitute in an alternative?

Stupidity filter in place :) If you don't have CAF AG or CSAT replacement project units then it will default to using standard CSAT OPFOR.

I've been trying to get Kaelies' excellent South Zagorian Army Mod to work with Skirmish, but it isn't spawning any of the units I've put in the _unitstring bit.

Went into the TPW_Skirmish.sqf in the mod folder, tried to follow the same thing as the other mod-oriented spawns such as CAF and etc. and added this (underneath the other enemy types)

Case 7:
       if (isclass (configfile/"CfgWeapons"/"kae_TK_Hat")) then 
           {
           _unitstring = "kae_TK_FAL"
           _carstring = "Kae_RDS"
           }else
           {
           _unitstring = "o_soldier";
           _carstring = "o_mrap";
           };
       };

Then went into the userconfig's .hpp file and changed tpw_skirmish_enemytype = 0; to 7. Did so in the Skirmish.sqf too, but it still spawns CSAT?

I'm sure I'm missing something super simple, any ideas?

There's nothing wrong with your code other than some missing semicolons.

_unitstring = "kae_TK_FAL";
_carstring = "Kae_RDS";

If you fix this and it still doesn't work then I'm guessing a string issue. We can test this.

At around line 1077 in tpw_skirmish.sqf you should see

[_unitstring] call tpw_skirmish_fnc_types;
_enemyunitlist = tpw_skirmish_unitlist;
[_carstring] call tpw_skirmish_fnc_cartypes;
_enemycarlist = tpw_skirmish_carlist;

Add a line thusly

[_unitstring] call tpw_skirmish_fnc_types;
_enemyunitlist = tpw_skirmish_unitlist;
[_carstring] call tpw_skirmish_fnc_cartypes;
_enemycarlist = tpw_skirmish_carlist;
[b]copytoclipboard (str (_enemyunitlist + _enemycarlist));[/b]

Run the script and then paste the clipboard to a text editor or into your reply and let's see what units it grabbed.

Edited by tpw

HI TPW!

As usual, I've download the last version, install ,update my settings (same as before), launch A3, startup hint with: (civ,cars,cars park,boats,fog,rain,hud,street lamp,house lights,and of course skirmish),and except only one or two cars park, nothing spawn.

Do I miss something? I try to enable/disable scripts in many way, re dowload tpw, cba, etc and nothing change!

I don't understand why it doesn't work. Please...I need help!!!Can't play without this awsome mod!!!:icon_wink:

.....of course I can....but it's really frustrating.

Edited by pathaber

HI TPW!

As usual, I've download the last version, install ,update my settings (same as before), launch A3, startup hint with: (civ,cars,cars park,boats,fog,rain,hud,street lamp,house lights,and of course skirmish),and except only one or two cars park, nothing spawn.

Do I miss something? I try to enable/disable scripts in many way, re dowload tpw, cba, etc and nothing change!

I don't understand why it doesn't work. Please...I need help!!!Can't play without this awsome mod!!!:icon_wink:

.....of course I can....but it's really frustrating.

Hmm, mysterious. I've released with bugs before (ie every release) but never complete non functionality. It certainly works for me.

You can check whether various scripts are really working by entering any of the following into the console:

hint str count tpw_animal_array; // animals

hint str count tpw_boat_boatarray; // boats

hint str count tpw_car_cararray; //cars

hint str count tpw_civ_civarray; //civs

hint str count tpw_skirmish_enemysquads; // enemies

hint str count tpw_skirmish_friendlysquads; // friendlies

Thanks for your answer TPW!:ok:

Got no time for now.I will try that asap.

Anyone seen this particular error?

Error in expression <AUTOTARGET';

removeUniform _civ;

_civ forceAddUniform (_clothes select (floor>

Error position: <forceAddUniform (_clothes select (floor>

Error Missing ;

File TPW_MODS\tpw_civs.sqf, line 136

Anyone seen this particular error?

Can't say I have, but I'm working on civ clothing bugs as we speak so will look into it. Thanks CMcD