Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Best game ever.

I thought with a name like Solid Snake you might like Metal Gear Solid wink.gif Half Life was revolutionary becasue it was the first FPS that actualy required intellegence instead of run shot run run jump shoot shoot shoot shoot grab key shoot open door run shoot shoot pick up new gun shoot shoot. I like many games and I could go on forever tlaking about them. And European Air war, what a classic! First game PC game I brought. Flying Spits, Ripping into B-17s in your FW-190, great stuff!

Col Kurtz, have you played Rowan's Battle of Britain? Sorta like EAW, but during the- well, the Battle of Britain lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 19 2002,06:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And European Air war, what a classic! First game PC game I brought. Flying Spits, Ripping into B-17s in your FW-190, great stuff!<span id='postcolor'>

I loved European Air War! Cracking game.

Hi all,Here's my list:

1.Operation Flashpoint{PC}

2.Delta Force:Land Warrior{PC}

3.Delta Force 1{PC}

4.Seal Team{PC}

5.Half Life:Sven Coop{PC}

6.Hidden and Dangerous{PC}

7.Rainbow 6:Rogue Spear/Urban Operations{PC}

8.Swat 3{PC}

9.Myst{PC}

10.Dynasty Warriors 3{PS2}

11.Max Payne{PC}

12.Sunset Riders{Sega Genesis}

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Aug. 18 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Star Craft (*shudder*)<span id='postcolor'>

I am Appalled! StarCraft was the shit back in the day! tounge.gif

I've always liked realism in comp games..

Close Combat 2 was really addictive, and I like the other CC's too.

I've played all the stuff of Rainbow Six series that I've gotten my hands on.

And I enjoyed SWAT3, too.

And, two funny games that I've really enjoyed:

TuxRacer and Pingus.

TuxRacer is a game where you are a penguin, and you have to slide

hills down and eat all the fish you can.

Pingus is a Lemmings clone, where the little dudes are replaced with penguins.

Penguins are nice! smile.gif

European airwar does have a Battle of Britain Campaign! I have played Rowands thing, but it didnt work very well on my machine(probably would now I have upgraded). Yeah, Hidden and Dangerous was cool! Now we just have to wait for the sequel. I loved that mission were you had to stop the tanks and get on the flying plane. It was sooo fun working out were to place the mines. *You have to stop those tanks, or theyll hang you in the trees like spaggeti!*

!

I don't know what is the best game ever but some games I used to play like a madman are (in no particular order):

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Lemmings (Amiga)

Commando (C64)

Boulderdash (C64)

Jagged Alliance 1 and 2

X-wing

Tie Fighter

F/A 18 Interceptor (Amiga)

Geoff Crammond's F1GP 1, 2 and 3

Interstate '76

The Lost Patrol (Amiga)

Star Control 2

Civilization 1 and 2

...and many many others I can't remember right now. I could go on and on with the list. smile.gif

..... I remember Boulder Dash .....

*tears appear in his eye, as he sits there with a melancholic smile*

I was nuthin' but a cute little kid, playing Boulder Dash on the living rooms' black and white 3" TV.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 19 2002,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Aug. 18 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Star Craft (*shudder*)<span id='postcolor'>

I am Appalled! StarCraft was the shit back in the day! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Never really got what everyone loved about Starcraft. I did love the cutscenes though... alot. I think I already mentioned that before though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 18 2002,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Aug. 18 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Solidsnake, i don't really understand what's so much fun about the FF series, you say you like them so i want to ask this question to you.

I've played the demo once (i've played the newest one, what is that? Number 10?) and i must say that i think it's extremely boring to me, what's so much fun when you need to attack and then let some other guy attack you, and then attack again, *yawn*...?  Lots of ppl love these games but to me they look like Pokemon games, that's what they do too, right?

So please, can you tell me what's so much fun about it?  Or are there things that i haven't seen yet?

Thanks...

ps: I must say that the graphics are very nice... <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Pokemon ripped off Squaresoft so they stole the idea of that kind of attack

Final Fantasy kicks your FPS ass!

FPS=

Oh i walk around, click click hes dead! hahaha thats fun<span id='postcolor'>

Wow man, calm down...

I'm just asking something here!

I'd like to see someone walking around in Ofp, click click, he's dead.  I think there's more to fps than just runnign around and shooting. (this doesn't count for all of them)

I just wanted to know what you like so much about this game.

Sheesh...

Best game ever is Delta Force 2, multiplayer that is. I love it, the only reason why i stopped playing it is because some stupid 10 year old idiots used trainers. I can still remember that there were clans that used cheats, the best cheaters could join their clan, the only problem is that everybody can rule with those cheats so basically all those dumb 6 year old beginners think they rule because they're in a squad.

FUcking sissies...

But still, one of my best gaming experiences...

The newer versions of DF are rather dumb in multiplayer. You can actually see a sniper at any range, when you look at a sniper that's 800 m away, you can see a black dot sitting there... Really dumb... And also no grass or Ghillie suits.

Oh well, perhaps the game might get better again. biggrin.gif

Hmmm, games I was really hooked on:

Bards Tale Series (C64)

Diablo 1 (PC)

Rogue Spear (PC)

WWF Raw (PS1)

Half-Life revolutionized fps's because of the excellent scripting in it, and mainly because it used C++ (C++ kicks the hell out of the scripting language ofp uses) and was extremely mod-able (there are racing mods and flight sim mods for it.) Also, OFP is not THE best game ever because it has too many faults in it. For one, I don't understand why the developers dont release the source code like many other dev's do, then we can see some real mods, not just ones with a bunch of new vehicles, units, and guns. Also, not everything is possible to do with the scripting language it has, and I just don't understand why the dev's chose to put limitations on the engine (only one rotating gun on a vehicle, no missles on a car, the gun's dont have proper reloading anims, etc, thats just stupid) confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Aug. 19 2002,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Half-Life revolutionized fps's because of the excellent scripting in it, and mainly because it used C++ (C++ kicks the hell out of the scripting language ofp uses) and was extremely mod-able (there are racing mods and flight sim mods for it.) Also, OFP is not THE best game ever because it has too many faults in it. For one, I don't understand why the developers dont release the source code like many other dev's do, then we can see some real mods, not just ones with a bunch of new vehicles, units, and guns. Also, not everything is possible to do with the scripting language it has, and I just don't understand why the dev's chose to put limitations on the engine (only one rotating gun on a vehicle, no missles on a car, the gun's dont have proper reloading anims, etc, thats just stupid) confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

WhERE DA FLIGHT SIM FOR HL?!!!

becuase most of the works were done by one man. SUMA. considering SUMA wrote most of the engine fundamentals for 4 yrs, OFP would have hard time competing agaist well organized groups.(but is doing quite well)

and when it comes to modding, OFP already has all of that. and it's easier to implement. and OFP was made with C++ too. and i think OFP's scripting is good.

the only reason why codes are ever opened is because the game is loosing steam. and HL has been around for many years, while OFP just over 1 yr. and even if they do release source codes in popular times, they usually ask for monetary return.

Hah, here comes a question that I asked myself thousands of times without without noticing it. On what game was the OFPdeveloperteam working before OFP?

STS_SolidSnake: Either contribute with something or don't post at all. I'll see to it that you can't post if you continue with your spamming.

2.Flightsim 2002

3.Rogue Spear Series

4.USAF

5.Janes F/A-18

6.Fleet Command