Sign in to follow this  
trent

What happened to these units?

http://www.topshotta.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Arma3-tank-screenshots.jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/8/4/3/2/1/ss_preview_Arma3_screeenshot_EGcz_13.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

There is also the Police Offroad (Harbour Patrol?) we saw in one of the night time showcase vids.

Their models were complete. They're variants of existing vehicles so we know the physics models were also done. Why remove them? That Patria was one of the few vehicles to not have a copy & pasted weapons system. Balance? Didn't stop you putting in all 4 versions of the Stryker vs outdated Soviet tech in Operation Arrowhead.

There's also this T-100 variant but I didn't include it in the list because some people were freaking out over its possible railgun thought it looks to me like a larger variant of the Patria's turret.

http://media.desura.com/images/groups/1/3/2074/arma3_screenshot_1107_009.jpg

The police and repair Offroad components are still there, they need to be spawned via scripting.

The Patria has two cut variants: the NEMO mortar you mentioned and the turretless version (http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/Arma3_screenshots_forums_001.jpg), which would be great for medevac/HQ purposes.

The uparmored Merkava and the railgun T-100 are missing, the latter in my personal opinion would not be that far fetched in 2035. I hope they weren't cut because of balancing reasons. That should be up to the mission creator! Besides, a sturdier NATO tank and a more powerful CSAT one would balance each other out.

The police and repair Offroad components are still there, they need to be spawned via scripting.

The Patria has two cut variants: the NEMO mortar you mentioned and the turretless version (http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/Arma3_screenshots_forums_001.jpg), which would be great for medevac/HQ purposes.

The uparmored Merkava and the railgun T-100 are missing, the latter in my personal opinion would not be that far fetched in 2035. I hope they weren't cut because of balancing reasons. That should be up to the mission creator! Besides, a sturdier NATO tank and a more powerful CSAT one would balance each other out.

Awesome! How do you know that they are in the files? ( I ask due to my ignorance ).

Would be lovely to have that different versions ( HQ, and medevac/ambulance ), its one of the things that I miss ( and I think it would only require a little scripting and maybe some retexture? ).

I don't really care about the lack of those armor plates on the Merkava, the current one is more authentic, but I do agree that it needs a .50cal turret. It would make more sense for a Merkava in 2035 to have a trophy APS system instead of more armor plating.

It's a shame that the NEMO mortar is missing, I really have no idea why they cut it out, more variants of the AMV would've been nice. (Especially considering the rest of BLUFOR armored vehicles are based on the Merkava chassis)

However IMO cutting the railgun cannon was a right choice, it would have been too unrealistic for 2035 and imbalanced, and even though balance should be up to mission editors, adding a railgun cannon to only one faction would be like adding nuclear missiles and strategic bombers, it's too much work for a niche role. (Especially because a railgun would need different effects, configs, etc - too much development while there are more important assets missing.)

I don't really care about the lack of those armor plates on the Merkava, the current one is more authentic, but I do agree that it needs a .50cal turret. It would make more sense for a Merkava in 2035 to have a trophy APS system instead of more armor plating.

It's a shame that the NEMO mortar is missing, I really have no idea why they cut it out, more variants of the AMV would've been nice. (Especially considering the rest of BLUFOR armored vehicles are based on the Merkava chassis)

However IMO cutting the railgun cannon was a right choice, it would have been too unrealistic for 2035 and imbalanced, and even though balance should be up to mission editors, adding a railgun cannon to only one faction would be like adding nuclear missiles and strategic bombers, it's too much work for a niche role. (Especially because a railgun would need different effects, configs, etc - too much development while there are more important assets missing.)

That why this game style shit ... community don't see the real experience combat ... This game need more only véhicule for all fraction and zero Copy past .....

I totally agree with adding T-100 w/ railgun into editor so mission makers are able to use it in their missions.

I agree that the railgun tank, NEMO and uparmoured Merkava need to be in this game, I'm surprised the're not.

It would be wicked to watch a group of outmatched Merkavas vs one or two of these monsters, having to rely on tactics, maneuverability and support instead of firepower, like Shermans trying to take on a Tiger. It could also make for some nice mission objective e.g use infantry to disable the tank before launching an armored assault etc. If i remember correctly the reason for the military presence on Altis is there creating experimental weapons.

A bit off topic but does anyone know what the mount above the barrel of the Merkava is for? some type of ATGM or 50cal? If that's the case I wonder why its not utilized on the uparmoured version.

I think the content was cut because BIS is running out of time and will rather put out an incomplete product on time than actually finish up a good one.

Saying that "balancing" might have been the reason for the cut content seems very illogical seeing how balance is a mission by mission thing instead of content volume thing.

I agree that the railgun tank, NEMO and uparmoured Merkava need to be in this game, I'm surprised the're not.

It would be wicked to watch a group of outmatched Merkavas vs one or two of these monsters, having to rely on tactics, maneuverability and support instead of firepower, like Shermans trying to take on a Tiger. It could also make for some nice mission objective e.g use infantry to disable the tank before launching an armored assault etc. If i remember correctly the reason for the military presence on Altis is there creating experimental weapons.

A bit off topic but does anyone know what the mount above the barrel of the Merkava is for? some type of ATGM or 50cal? If that's the case I wonder why its not utilized on the uparmoured version.

Just because the T-100 will have a railgun doesnt mean the 120mm smoothbore of the merkava will become useless... And the T-100 wont get any more armor so it will still be fair game first to shoot... Oh wait in arma if a tank is hit it doesnt make the crew surrender right... And about the gun there is sometimes another gun for who knows what but only saw 1 merkava 4 with it the rest are only 2 guns on top of the tank

Maybe they are saving them for the storyline.

Lets face it, a railgun tank would be a formidable opponent even if it was a one off prototype and would have more impact if noone had seen it before its use in the storyline.

Wonder what other assets will possibly only see the light of day when the campaign comes out?

I don't remember where but i've seen a dev speaking about a railgun or coilgun for the t-100 i real hope to see this tank variation ingame or at least a 125mm gun with coaxial mg not just a 120mm

And adding mortar/hq amv could be really cool to

So........... devs going to comment on why they would remove finished models in a game short on variety?

I think it was because the community thought it was too futuristic for A3 from what I remember from a while ago on the forums when those pictures were first put up. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127417-Railguns-and-coilguns-could-a-BI-dev-clear-that-up

just one of the threads that was about at the time.