Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

A2 vehicles a solution or A3 lack of content?

Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?

• Yes, I need lots of stuff, don't care if it was in A2 before.
    • I'm happy with what we have now, I'll wait for DLC for new stuff.
    • No way, I want more exclusive A3 stuff for free!

Hm let me use my deductive powers: If you look at the current content library there are some clues that more might be added, for example why would there be for example in the civilian class a distinct unit called commoner[men] there is no use to state it's [men] if they will all remain men? also there is a civilian pilot, why would the civilian class have a pilot without a civilian plane or helicopter?

Same goes for fixed wings, we've all seen clones of units and modular weapon systems that are copied for both main factions, why isn't the Buzzard copied through out several classes ? my guess is that there simply aren't fixed wings for all factions yet.

Well it could be that unlike the factions of Arma 2, BI didn't want to give two sides the same vehicle or many of the same.

I want to see at least all of the Operation Arrowhead content... since this covers a fair amount of ARMA 2 content there is no point in doubling up.

And that makes porting the A2 content to A3 faster how?

funny on 6/9 was impossible today magically is possible

funny on 6/9 was impossible today magically is possible

The only funny bit is how wrong you are.

Find where I said it was impossible? Oh, thats right, you can't, because I didn't.

I never said it was impossible, I said BI were unlikely to do it because, its just not worth their time.

The only thing that has changed between now and the 6th is that Marek has said that he intends to release the source models to the community so that they may port it. Something that was impossible before (since reverse-engineering the content is against the EULA).

So yeah, funny.