Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

A2 vehicles a solution or A3 lack of content?

Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like optimized A2 stuff be in A3?

• Yes, I need lots of stuff, don't care if it was in A2 before.
    • I'm happy with what we have now, I'll wait for DLC for new stuff.
    • No way, I want more exclusive A3 stuff for free!

Has anyone actually compared vehicle models in oxygen rather than just assuming they are copy pasted?

One thing that players got spoilt on with ARMA 2 esp was the variety of weapons and weapon systems available. Whilst the islands and weapons are much more detailed now, we're short on variety which is why there's a big demand for it. I rarely play SP purely because I love the 'unknown' element of playing on MP servers plus the teamwork element. Having said that, most servers are set to vanilla only which is a real pain in the proverbial, and thats why we push for BIS to include it in the game so these 'mods' form part of the vanilla version...so I could use an M4 or M16 instead of some futuristic MX or AK74.

Voted yes. While the models aren't bad, there are just a few of them, and as one other thread pointed out, both sides have the same models with basically just different paint schemes. For a final game, its a train wreck. At least bringing in the A2 vehicles will give it some support.

We need to mix it up. The people who want to stay in 2010? Screw them. I think it's time we move forward. Each game so far covers a different time period: Cold War Crisis? 70s, 80s. A1/2/OA? 80s-2010. A3 jumps forward a bit, deal with it you crybabies. NATO doesn't tout AR-15s everywhere they go. If you're having such a hard-on for 2000-tech, wait for the next ACE mod to be released. Bloody brats.

I don't care that it's future tech. I actually welcome something new. What I don't like is that everything in A3 is just the same thing with a different look. It doesn't feel like I'm actually using different equipment.

The MX and Katiba feels like the exact same guns. There are no actual Machineguns for infantry in this game. We have an assault rifle with a non-deployable bi-pod and a couple of LMGs (I don't mind the LMGs actually, they are nice). We have the same AA and AT launcher for all three sides. We have the same mortar, MG and GL for all three sides.

We are in the future era. Why can't we have cool things like a rail gun turret or some guided tank shells? You know, something that is cool for the future.

We need to mix it up. The people who want to stay in 2010? Screw them. I think it's time we move forward. Each game so far covers a different time period: Cold War Crisis? 70s, 80s. A1/2/OA? 80s-2010. A3 jumps forward a bit, deal with it you crybabies. NATO doesn't tout AR-15s everywhere they go. If you're having such a hard-on for 2000-tech, wait for the next ACE mod to be released. Bloody brats.

Ahh, another new DayZ kiddie opens his mouth.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

We are in the future era. Why can't we have cool things like a rail gun turret or some guided tank shells? You know, something that is cool for the future.

You guys should take a look at Crysis Wars. Nuke Tanks, futuristic projectile weapons, alien weapons. Would be an interesting port.

I would love it if BIS ports them with the updated physics (Vehicles) and animations (Character models). The models and textures still look fine in my opinion.

I don't mind the maps and characters not being ported but would love the weapons and vehicles.

EDIT: Perhaps make it a DLC where you have to input your ArmA 2 and/or OA CD key in order to download. People that don't own ArmA 2/OA won't be able to use the content. (Or give them the "lite" version)

It may not be the best solution, but I believe it would help with the people that feel disappointed.

that the point :yay:

---------- Post added at 05:38 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

most servers are set to vanilla only which is a real pain in the proverbial, and thats why we push for BIS to include it in the game so these 'mods' form part of the vanilla version..

thats the point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i only play mp - and 95% have no mod tanks or other stuff

---------- Post added at 05:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 ----------

To me this sounds like an offical All-in-ArmA (with at least A2 content) some time in the future.

and now ? what is this then .... its old models ( no problem ) with old textures ( mhhhh...... ) with old function ( problem ) little reworket - ok , and i quiet

---------- Post added at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 ----------

The MX and Katiba feels like the exact same guns. There are no actual Machineguns for infantry in this game. We have an assault rifle with a non-deployable bi-pod and a couple of LMGs (I don't mind the LMGs actually, they are nice). We have the same AA and AT launcher for all three sides. We have the same mortar, MG and GL for all three sides.

and the same boats and all cars / abc / spped boats have the same weapon stations an all sites , russian arty turret on all side, aa turret an all sites . same aa rockets on alle sides ..........................

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

wait for the next ACE mod to be released

and then ? most servers have it not, most servers vanilla ! no more : the community make it. all the years, all the god models tanks jet have you see it online ? the most live from the modelers work is this - editor on, fly drive , oh nice .. and that is all !

Yes! Even with mods we can do it now, But I'd love a full official look over by BIS again and a small rehaul with new physics for the vehicles/planes.

I mean the A139, and the AFF APC is the Port from ACR DLC just re-textured, might as well give us the rest too. Its content at least. And A3 sure lacks it in the Vehicle department.

Because people flipped their shit about all the "future tech".

So BI scrapped it (oh coilgun tank, where art thou) and now people are flipping their shit about the lack of assets.

Nice one, "community".... Nice....

So BI scrapped it (oh coilgun tank, where art thou) and now people are flipping their shit about the lack of assets.

Can you stop? I believe we all know right now how you feel about the "community"

You are not better then any of the people complaining and bickering. You are just as worse.

I was actually excited. Now all we have are goofy looking versions of the exact same modern tech we have.

Can you stop?

I'll stop when these pointless threads stop :)

I was actually excited. Now all we have are goofy looking versions of the exact same modern tech we have.

I know right, FINALLY we get away from M4s and AKs and deserts, and the first thing people do is complain that stuff is too scifi and they want the AKs and M4s and the desert back... Are people not bored of playing the same damn story for over a decade?

IMHO only few veichles BIs has to includes in a3, (for a quickly patch)

1 Osprey, there isn't nothing to airdrop some troops

2 f35 obvious

3 su 35 (not so obvious)

4 a floating chopper for quick insert a diver (but we don't have nothing in previos version maybe "h53 the Sea Stallion")

I can understand why some of you would want this, but from a capability standpoint, I can only really support the C-130. The rest of the capability spectrum is already covered (apart from fast air).

I'll stop when these pointless threads stop :)

I know right, FINALLY we get away from M4s and AKs and deserts, and the first thing people do is complain that stuff is too scifi and they want the AKs and M4s and the desert back... Are people not bored of playing the same damn story for over a decade?

Again, this thread is not about modern vs futuristic. It is not even to complain. There are enough threads of both.

This thread is to offer a constructive fast-patch solution for people who feel disapointed with the lack of vehicles.

So, please DM stay on topic.

offer a constructive fast-patch solution

What you consider to be a "fast" solution.

It would not be, for the reasons I have already explained.

That's our both opinions, but there are more people in this forums, and they have all their right to express it without being harassed.

BTW the devs have the final decision. So if you feel you have expressed all your reasons, you may dedicate your time in other threads.

there aren't any planes for airdrop and nothing to transport and deploy the divers

there aren't any planes for airdrop and nothing to transport and deploy the divers

And that makes porting the A2 content to A3 faster how?

you can be airdropped by helicopter but you cant jump out midair if you are a pilot or co-pilot.

IMHO only few veichles BIs has to includes in a3, (for a quickly patch)

1 Osprey, there isn't nothing to airdrop some troops

2 f35 obvious

3 su 35 (not so obvious)

4 a floating chopper for quick insert a diver (but we don't have nothing in previos version maybe "h53 the Sea Stallion")

To me the Osprey is maybe the most important. I'm afraid that the CH53 is not gonna be in service for much more time ( it's been replaced by the Osprey ).

I'm agree with the F35 and Su35. And maybe the huey for the AAF ( it is still used in a lot of countries, and would give them capabilities for a combat insertion, and heli CAS support ).

And that makes porting the A2 content to A3 faster how?

i think that if you have a model and you are a Bis dev maybe is faster than a casual modder with arcaic "oxygen 2" tool ;)

I'm afraid that the CH53 is not gonna be in service for much more time ( it's been replaced by the Osprey ).

Not true. The MV-22 replaces the CH-46, the USMC is buying ~250 CH-53Ks to replace the current CH-53E fleet.

Not true. The MV-22 replaces the CH-46, the USMC is buying ~250 CH-53Ks to replace the current CH-53E fleet.

News about the replacements. Though I really love the CH53, and I would really love to have them in game ( and they have never been in the Arma series ), the USMC is focusing, for whatever reasons, on replacing all heavy helicopters with the Osprey.

i think that if you have a model and you are a Bis dev maybe is faster than a casual modder with arcaic "oxygen 2" tool ;)

Agree, in fact is what has been done with a few of A3 assets :P

News about the replacements. Though I really love the CH53, and I would really love to have them in game ( and they have never been in the Arma series ), the USMC is focusing, for whatever reasons, on replacing all heavy helicopters with the Osprey.

Not exactly. They're replacing the CH-53 squadrons with MV-22 squadrons in SE Asia because they currently have new MV-22s and the CH-53s are right at the end of their operating life.

Once the CH-53Ks are in service (around 2020) you'll find that the squadron mix is back to both MV-22 and CH-53.

That article even states:

In Hawaii the Ospreys would replace two squadrons of older CH-53D Sea Stallions, while a third squadron of 10 Sea Stallions would be replaced by newer versions of the CH-53, officials said.

The Stallion isnt going anywhere for some time, since it performs roles the MV-22 can not (heavy lift, for example).