franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Strange, I wonder what BI changed in MP...did any errors come up and could one of you PM me an IP to test this on a dedicated server by chance? I don't usually tangle with this server stuff so having one I can just hop into and get an idea on how things are behaving.

Edited by NodUnit

Strange, I wonder what BI changed in MP...did any errors come up and could one of you PM me an IP to test this on a dedicated server by chance? I don't usually tangle with this server stuff so having one I can just hop into and get an idea on how things are behaving.

Just sent you a PM with some details, you're welcome to join us and see what's going wrong, I'm on most days, all day 0:)

Hey guys, I'm havin trouble using the tads view with the gunner, apparently the optics key zooms in.

Hey guys, I'm havin trouble using the tads view with the gunner, apparently the optics key zooms in.

Arma 2 or 3?

In multiplayer (this goes for ArmA2 as well):

- If the gunner is not present nor local to the pilot (that is if he is an AI unit not under the command of the player or a different client), the pilot cannot change weaponry.

- If the gunner is present and local to the pilot (an AI unit under his command) he can change the aircraft weaponry.

- If the gunner is a different client then the pilot cannot change the weaponry nor take control of the gun.

- The MPDs will have to be initialized by both the pilot and the gunner in multiplayer. This can be done by using the crosshair action on the MPD DMS menu button (the small M button on the lower left hand corner of all MPDs).

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Due to an unknown cause, sometimes the pilot and the gunner cannot get a heads down view. This can usually be fixed by getting in and out of the helicopter. This is only in ArmA3; ArmA2 is unaffected.

Sorry I forgot to mention I was using A3, Thanks for the quick response. Other thing that I couldn't figure out in A2 is how to use the laser designator with the gunner. I just click on the laser MPD button and says "Laser ON" but i can't lock on to it neither get a distance reading. I tried switching the sensor selection and tracking modes and eventually the AI pilot called out a target. Could you specify how to use this new feature?

Edited by geraldbolso1899

The laser only works when using heads down for the gunner; when you exit heads down view the laser will stick to the last position it was looking at when you left heads down.

In multiplayer (this goes for ArmA2 as well):

- If the gunner is not present nor local to the pilot (that is if he is an AI unit not under the command of the player or a different client), the pilot cannot change weaponry.

- If the gunner is present and local to the pilot (an AI unit under his command) he can change the aircraft weaponry.

- If the gunner is a different client then the pilot cannot change the weaponry nor take control of the gun.

- The MPDs will have to be initialized by both the pilot and the gunner in multiplayer. This can be done by using the crosshair action on the MPD DMS menu button (the small M button on the lower left hand corner of all MPDs).

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Due to an unknown cause, sometimes the pilot and the gunner cannot get a heads down view. This can usually be fixed by getting in and out of the helicopter. This is only in ArmA3; ArmA2 is unaffected.

Yeah ! , Thank you for your reply , I want to:

"- If the gunner is not present nor local to the pilot (that is if he is an AI unit not under the command of the player or a different client), the pilot cannot change weaponry." or "- If the gunner is a different client then the pilot cannot change the weaponry nor take control of the gun."

There is no problem for me to change weapons if I'm a pilot alone or with different client, non local AI - I just simply choose - "Manual Fire" and I can change wepons and different their modes. So no problem for me.

"The MPDs will have to be initialized by both the pilot and the gunner in multiplayer. This can be done by using the crosshair action on the MPD DMS menu button (the small M button on the lower left hand corner of all MPDs)."

YEAH !!! IT works, thank you for that :)

As I stated before, It is the best MOD ever for me.

best regards, pawelkpl

Is it possible that the gunner slaves the gun to the helmet. If I do that the guns does strange things. Maybe I miss something

Or slaving the TADS to the helmet?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Edited by RatNL

Is it possible thy the gunners slaves the gun to the helmet. If I do that the guns does strange things. Maybe I miss something

Yes it is, you can salve gun to pilot helmet, just choose manual fire and toggle gun control. If you do that gun is connected to your helmet, moving your head right will move gun right, like in real apache. To slave gun to gunner, pilot has to cancel manual fire and turn toggle gun off.

Ow Nice, thank you

Yes it is, you can salve gun to pilot helmet, just choose manual fire and toggle gun control. If you do that gun is connected to your helmet, moving your head right will move gun right, like in real apache. To slave gun to gunner, pilot has to cancel manual fire and turn toggle gun off.

Ok tried that gut as a gunner I can not slave it to the helmet only to the TADS

The CPG cannot use HMD or AUTO tracking modes unless heads down. This was to correct a problem where the gunner's view is linked to the gun's aiming direction and these modes interfered with the viewpoint, causing jumping around, etc. When looking through the optics they function normally for the gunner; AUTO mode only works with a target acquired outside of the optics.

The A3 version doesn't have this limitation though it brings back the mentioned view bug - this was done as the CPG can take flight controls which removes the viewpoint problem when active.

Thank you for the explanation

Hey guys, just had a question to ask. I looked around at recent replies and didn't see anything that had to do with it (At least I think). But yeah, whenever I'm gunning on ARMA 3 MP the default ARMA cursor tends to lag behind by a good few seconds. From testing it seemed like it was linked to FPS, but I dunno'. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has already been addressed, I looked around the best I could.

There seems to be an issue in the ArmA3 controls file with two players in the same aircraft related to the cannon tracking. ArmA3 may have changed how animations are handled since the mechanic was tested in ArmA2 and worked fine.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I figured it was something along those lines. It's just weird how it works in singleplayer but not in multiplayer. When I was testing it with a couple of my people we had one person who had a small bit of lag, but still usable. The other two of us had the issue with the crosshairs taking a good few seconds to catch up.

Edited by Scike

how can i add mando missile script to this baby?and BTW,how can i activated HMD for the pilot and gunner?

For the gunner: select 'toggle gun control' whilst in the WPN screen on the left MFD.

For the Pilot: Select 'Manual fire' and then do the above.

I don't know about the mando missiles. :\

I'm not in the SIM right now but toggle IHADS on should do the job

Thanks so much for this Nodunit and Franze. I am using this in Arma 3 now and I find I am unable to consistently access PNVS/TADS. When I hit the optics key, it will zoom in instead of bringing up the camera view. Any ideas?

Also, I'm wondering if you have any plans on lowering the center of gravity of the Apache a bit as it is currently leading to some unusual maneuvering and making the helicopter behave very unusually when on the ground.

Thanks!

Hi guys, amazing work, having a blast playing with your mod.

got a couple of questions i hope you can clear for me:

1. do i need to manually edit something in order to make the ir jammer spoof titan AA missiles? if so, can you please explain how?

2. can i edit the block 2 ah64 into a block 3 ah64 myself? i need that chaff to be replaced by a flare dispenser. current state of arma 3 anti air spoofing requires flare. it is much more needed in order to play normally.

thank you and have a great new year.

1 - Two arrays control whether incoming missiles are classed as IR or RF, the defaults are:

fza_ah64_mis_ir = ["M_R73_AA","M_Strela_AA","M_Igla_AA","M_Stinger_AA","M_Sidewinder_AA","fza_fim92"];

fza_ah64_mis_rf = ["M_9M311_AA"];

If a missile isn't in either array then it is assumed they are RF. Add the class name for the missile to either array to set which jammers/countermeasures affect it.

2 - You would have to modify the config to get flares and add support for the BIS default missile warning/spoof system. Editing the model(s) is not allowed at this time.