franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

regarding the PNVS Problem in ARMA 3:

-it works if you load the ah-64 the first time after restarting the whole game. if you crash or reload the mission it doesnt. really wierd stuff.

the interaction works fine. but without trackir it is better to do the flight config (ASE page and so on) just before lift off, atleast for me

so i dont have to take of my hand from the stick to the mouse(okay that sounded weird)

for that other thingy^^ ma not very much. atleast not with guys :-D

The interaction should be functioning the same as it is on Arma 2, what I mean though is that with helicopterX any interaction on the move is impossible, its a bit tricky now right but its certainly doable especially if you use the Head Tracking mode set to on, allowing the X cursor to move with the mouse and thus not have to use freelook at all.

The PNVS is another wierd one, one of those "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" oddities.

As for sleeping around, how experimental are you?

Memory LOD sync while moving is fucked across the board in A3 using the modelToWorld/worldToModel commands. It is really REALLY frustrating because it hampers a LOT of things.

I'd have to go back and look at my tests but I think selectionPosition is returning ok. If you want to get insane you can do all of the translations in SQF, but really... It shouldn't come down to that because it is a bug.

SelectionPosition is what I've had to use for a while now due to other issues, but I still rely on modelToWorld for the screen position. That still leaves the problems we were having with the pylon elevation and gun turret.

SelectionPosition is what I've had to use for a while now due to other issues, but I still rely on modelToWorld for the screen position. That still leaves the problems we were having with the pylon elevation and gun turret.

Yes I have heard of animation sync issues in A3... It has prevented me from focusing on the M109 for a while now outside of just an experimental platform for my own devices. It is frustrating to say the least that there are little things that broke in the transition that only really affect power users. Hopefully there is time to work out the kinks in these things because it will help build confidence in more seasoned developers if transitioning content is easier/less buggy.

sry for nitpicking again. but do you guys posted ingame screenshots of the AH-64A

and would it be possible to do a AH-64A with AH-64D Cockpit to simulate a AH-64B/C variant?

Since the AH-64B and C were proposed variants that were never built (and the AH-64C became the AH-64D NR), we probably will not entertain these variants.

sry for nitpicking again. but do you guys posted ingame screenshots of the AH-64A

and would it be possible to do a AH-64A with AH-64D Cockpit to simulate a AH-64B/C variant?

We have some pics of the alpha in the manual

http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/ah64dv2_overview.html It will have a different texture though since the one in those pics was accidentally collapsed into one layer and saved then closed....that was a dark day.

I've been very occupied by a myriad of things but am going to be rebooting my working on things here, adding materials, improving the textures, and seeing what I can do about the alpha.

Edited by NodUnit

with the words from homer simpson: "DOH!" i totally missed the overview page.

look how sexy she is with her sleek silhouette^^ i like you guys more and more :-D

i´m okay with the B/C never be done. was just asking^^

some question to ne realworld counterpart. does the longbow have a flybywire system?

i think there was a prototyp in the early 90´s with something they called advanced digital flight control system or so.

Hey guys, I took the liberty to record some gameplay with your apache in Arma 3. There I "showcase" how to use Laser Hellfires with PNVS and HMD acq modes and how to set up waypoints, although they do not appear on the map as in Arma 2, the HMD and FLT page show correct data. I also tested the FacetrackNoIR (6DOF yey!) and works fine but it's a lil bit laggy so aiming the gun is a tad difficult. I say "showcase" because it's just gameplay and not an instructional video:

Cheers!

Very nice showcase! I don't think I've seen many user videos demonstrating waypoints and especially not the mouse driven cursor, the landing looked fine to me :P

Having used the mouse cursor would you say that it helped you while using head tracking gear, was it easier to use than the center of the HDU or more tricky?

Having used the mouse cursor would you say that it helped you while using head tracking gear, was it easier to use than the center of the HDU or more tricky?

Definitely helps because of two main reasons: switching to mouse freelook and back while having headtracking is kind of anoying, and, if you noticed on the video, just before I came to a hover behind the hill to creep up and down, I activated the laser on the fly without the need to excesively drop my head down to click it and by doing so losing all my situational awareness and sense of speed and I try to use the scrolling menu options as little as posible.

Since I started using FacetrackNoIR it's a big fat MUST to have headtracking on, I think that everyone that uses headtracking should use it, it's pretty much the same thing you get on DCS A-10c with the yellow crosshair moving arround.

And talking about waypoints, I know there's the ability to send PFZ's, but is there a way to share waypoints? Also, if the possibility to create "false targets" exists, wouldn't it be cool to have the ability to mark on the map a point of interest for other aircraft to look upon? This would be mainly for groups of infantry that don't show up on the TSD page.

Happy to hear it works better.

As for sending waypoints, if I'm not mistaken waypoints can be shared in the same way PFZ's are...I know at some point we were playing around and doing that so unless something changed or I'm just delirious and imagining things, it should be there.

EDIT: Wait no I'm just imagining things again...now where did I put those pills...

Edited by NodUnit

Sharing data whether it's target coordinates, camera feeds, or waypoints, was not refined and fully implemented. PFZ sharing only just barely works and it was the only data sharing mechanic implemented at release.

Edited by Franze

Sharing data whether it's target coordinates, camera feeds, or waypoints, was not refined and fully implemented. PFZ sharing only just barely works and it was the only data sharing mechanic implemented at release.

Thanks for the anwer :)

I've been flying with some friends on Arma 3 found out that the waypoints are clientside, so when planning ops and doing the start up we've gotta place markers (with numbers) on the map and then do a sequential setting for the waypoints.

I'm a member of the 161st V-SOAR (Virtual Special Operations Air Regiment) for Arma 3, run by none other than SwissMAVERICK, and with some of the members we've been testing the capabilities on multiplayer scenarios and maybe in the near future we'll do some combined arms missions with Peral's a-10, John Spartan's Hornet (and some infantry maybe). I'll be sure to report back and maybe gather some footage.

I'm pretty sure the AH-64B just featured updated avionics, GPS, and things like that which were later incorporated into the AH-64D. I've never been able to confirm the occasional mention of an upgraded chain gun. The AH-64C was just the AH-64D without the Longbow radar but since the radar could be detached and placed on another Apache machine relatively easily they just use the AH-64D designation.

The AH-64D has seen a lot of upgrades over the years culminating in the AH-64E and there are more upgrades planned for that like M-DSA. One of the latest upgrades I've seen but have no knowledge of is some sort of sensor on the wingtips of American AH-64s that faces rearward. As far as I know that isn't related to the Common Missile Warning System upgrade.

I've finally had a chance to play with this mod a bit and I must say it is amazing work. The level of detail is truly sim quality. Shouldn't the gunner's FLIR use green instead of the the current black and white? I thought the black and white FLIR imagery was just the color used by recording system.

Most of the proposed AH-64B upgrades were placed on AH-64As; the AH-64D had them designed in place from the outset. The AH-64C was intended to retain -701 engines and not have the FCR, but with provisions to add upgraded engines and the FCR.

The sensors on the wingtips are part of CMWS, they are the respective rear hemisphere sensors. The AH-64E has an updated/modified system that is intended to link into systems beyond CMWS.

Pretty sure FLIR displays as black and white through the ORT/TEDAC as the DTV is also black and white, but I am not certain on this.

It seems the CMWS uses either 4 or 6 plume detectors. I've seen some images of AH-64s with just the two in front of the cockpit and the two on the tailboom. I suppose the wingtip sensors are for better coverages of the sides.

CMWS only consists of four detectors; you can see this by looking at the OH-58Ds, UH-60s, and CH-47s equipped with the same system. Some other countries use different systems, notably the WAH-64, Dutch AH-64Ds with AMASE, and IAF AH-64s with some other combinations.

Actually H-60s have a 5th EOMS sensor on the belly, around where the transition meets the tail boom section.

Everything I've found only shows four sensors, two in the nose, and a staggered two at the base of the tail.

This is the best picture I have that shows one (I didn't think to take a direct picture of it back in 2011 :P ).

To my understanding it was just added on sometime, while the "original" system still only has 4. H-60s are ridiculously unstandardized.

avVWfWw.jpg

That would explain a lot then because most pictures on the net only have the standard 4 sensors. I've never seen an Apache with more than 4.

Hi guys, I have a question? is there a script command to turn off the arming dialog. I want that one vehicles again can only arm. Sorry my english is really bad;-)

Yes, you can use this:

fza_ah64_armingunits = ["NoArming"]; 

To disable the arming dialog.

Yes, you can use this:

fza_ah64_armingunits = ["NoArming"]; 

To disable the arming dialog.

the arming dialog is still displayed on the mouse wheel menu. And can not be disabled via the command.