franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Can't speak for the TKOH issues but the ArmA3 issue isn't unique to ArmA3; the air speed on the left side of the IHADSS registers air speed, not ground speed. The waypoint information box in Cruise or Transition modes registers ground speed as measured by doppler navigation.

Ideally you'd be up the hover mode of symbology where the velocity vector saturates at 6kts GS. In the transition mode its 60kts GS. You're absolutely right, the HADS probes will display a windspeed even if you're at a hover with zero movement.

In hover mode the speed indicator in the IHADSS shows ground or air speed?

Edited by geraldbolso1899

From the center of the LOS Reticle, there is a small circle and a line that seeks the center of that circle. The circle is the acceleration cue and the line is the velocity vector. When the velocity vector saturates (that is, it reaches the edges of the FOV in the combiner lens of the HDU) in the hover mode, it represents 6kts of ground speed, when this happens, the acceleration cue will center itself in the middle of the LOS. It's at that point you want to go up Transition mode where the velocity vector now saturates at 60kts GS. Same deal here too, when the velocity vector saturates the acceleration cue will center itself in the center of the LOS reticle. Along the left hand side of the symbology set, in the center that is your True Airspeed indication. Below that in the transition mode you'll have the nav info box, here you'll get ground speed.

Thanks for the help :)

I'm having lots of fun trying to navigate with the flt page and tsd in nav mode only and not looking through the windshield, lots of crashes though :p.

I decided to take a quick look at the actual apache manual to understand the flt page symbology, more specifically the nav to cue thingy, which i didn't really understood until now, and noticed there's another symbol that displays the horizontal stab's angle, and then noticed the rear stab in this addon actually articulates according to speed!! really nice feature.

By the way, returning to the airspeed vs wind dilemma, the standby airspeed indicator is showing ground speed rather than airspeed.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

By the way, returning to the airspeed vs wind dilemma, the standby airspeed indicator is showing ground speed rather than airspeed.

To use less resources, the standby instruments use animation sources hard coded by BI rather than scripting.

Is there a way to equip this thing with flares? Mostly for show purposes, but I noticed on the HUD there is a counter for flares and chaff. Also, does anyone know how to fix the chaff launcher for the Arma 3 port over of this?

Flares are not on the version in this package; however, they will be added to modernized variants.

As this version only barely works in A3 and we've repeatedly stated that we're not ready to move to A3 yet, I can't say what it would take to fix any problems it has in A3.

Of course. I am very aware of the fact that "official" moving of this AddOn over isn't on the top of the to do list, and I am fine with that. When I ask "if anyone has found a way" I just mean editing the files in the mod itself for personal use. I myself have done this with for example fixing the arming dialogue to work with the HEMTT Ammo truck, which is by no means difficult, but I was wondering if anyone knew a fix like that, such as altering a few lines of text here or there to accomadate for some of the changes in Arma 3, which for some things is really all that needs to be done. For most other things, I'm aware it takes a lot of hard work and time, and I can respect that. As for the flare launchers, I also know that the block II doesn't technically have one, but again I was wondering if there was a "ghetto" way to script in a half-assed version even in Arma 2, just for show. Regardless, love the addon a lot, excellent work Franze and NodUnit.

One question I had was using FCR targeting mode to acquire targets. In TADS/HMD mode, you just basically look at where the enemy blips are on your IHADSS and hold the lock, but I was wondering exactly how to acquire targets when in FCR/G or FCR/A modes without using the vanilla function "target/zoom" and looking at the enemy in the world, unless that is just what you are supposed to do. Is there a way to get the "yellow H" on the target on the FCR when using the 114Ls without like looking at it or doing the default Arma keybind for target? Also, does RF HELLFIREs refer to 114Ls or is there a separate mode besides SAL1 or SAL2 that I don't know how to switch to? :confused:

anyways, again great addon, hands down the best community made work I've seen in all my days in arma, truly outstanding. ;)

Been playing with this beautiful Apache for a while in Arma 3 and have to say that it's nearly perfect; although obviously not everything works -- A3 is the only Arma I have -- it is already an amazing aircraft ---- the last realistic AH-64D sim I remember was Jane's Longbow 2 -- it was 16 years ago...

/just posted two short movies in here --

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147819-Arma-3-User-Video-Thread&p=2577349&viewfull=1#post2577349

A9FBFD380905247352411FD2A9D909D8B22DAD5C

Thanks, guys ;)

Of course. I am very aware of the fact that "official" moving of this AddOn over isn't on the top of the to do list, and I am fine with that. When I ask "if anyone has found a way" I just mean editing the files in the mod itself for personal use. I myself have done this with for example fixing the arming dialogue to work with the HEMTT Ammo truck, which is by no means difficult, but I was wondering if anyone knew a fix like that, such as altering a few lines of text here or there to accomadate for some of the changes in Arma 3, which for some things is really all that needs to be done. For most other things, I'm aware it takes a lot of hard work and time, and I can respect that. As for the flare launchers, I also know that the block II doesn't technically have one, but again I was wondering if there was a "ghetto" way to script in a half-assed version even in Arma 2, just for show. Regardless, love the addon a lot, excellent work Franze and NodUnit.

One question I had was using FCR targeting mode to acquire targets. In TADS/HMD mode, you just basically look at where the enemy blips are on your IHADSS and hold the lock, but I was wondering exactly how to acquire targets when in FCR/G or FCR/A modes without using the vanilla function "target/zoom" and looking at the enemy in the world, unless that is just what you are supposed to do. Is there a way to get the "yellow H" on the target on the FCR when using the 114Ls without like looking at it or doing the default Arma keybind for target? Also, does RF HELLFIREs refer to 114Ls or is there a separate mode besides SAL1 or SAL2 that I don't know how to switch to? :confused:

There's actually a built in functionality to change arming vehicle classes on a per-mission basis:

fza_ah64_armingunits = ["vehicleclassname1","vehicleclassname2"];

Simply add the class names to the array - as many as you want -and place it in a init line anywhere. Then you can use the arming interface with that vehicle class, nothing fancy required. This was added to allow mission creators to set specific classes for rearming capability or to disable the capability entirely.

To get flare launchers by default would require editing the config to add flare launchers (as BI neglected to give us a AddWeaponTurret command) to the pilot's weapons and then it wouldn't really look right either as this version doesn't have the memory points in the model to spawn flares at the right point. A purely script based solution is possible but I'm unsure of what the proper drop commands are for that in ArmA3. In ArmA2 one can use the following:

drop["\Ca\Data\kouleSvetlo","","Billboard",0.05,10,[1.5,1,0.7],[2+random 8,0,+10],0,2.8,1,0.1,[3],[[1,1,0.3,1]],[0,1],0.1,0,"smoke.sqf","",_heli]

//smoke.sqf
drop["\Ca\Data\Cl_basic","","Billboard",1,5,_this,[0,0,0],0,1,1,0,[1,5],[[.8,.8,.8,0.6],[0.8,0.8,0.8,.1]],[0,1],2.8,1,"","",""];

Which will not have any countermeasure effect, it will only be for FX purposes.

For acquiring targets in FCR/A and FCR/G modes, you use the vanilla tab-lock functionality to cycle through the targets. While this will also make your pilot give out the 'target xyz at whatever' vocal command, the 'true' target is the one indicated on the IHADSS or TSD/FCR displays. We did not want to require a separate key to acquire visual targets vs FCR targets, although that can be changed if enough people feel it is desirable to have two separate targeting keys.

Yes all, RF missiles are AGM-114L at this time. Unless they decide to expand upon radar guided types, RF will indicate that model.

Been playing with this beautiful Apache for a while in Arma 3 and have to say that it's nearly perfect; although obviously not everything works -- A3 is the only Arma I have -- it is already an amazing aircraft ---- the last realistic AH-64D sim I remember was Jane's Longbow 2 -- it was 16 years ago...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147819-Arma-3-User-Video-Thread&p=2577349&viewfull=1#post2577349

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/618406683092476650/A9FBFD380905247352411FD2A9D909D8B22DAD5C/

Thanks, guys ;)

Those are some quality videos, I'm glad you're enjoying it despite the bugs!

Hey guys,

first of all, this mod is absolutly awesome! But, i´ve got a little problem: The method to make the arming system available (fza_ah64_armingunits = ["vehicleclassname1","vehicleclassname2"];) didnt work for me in selfmade missions. I tried various things with this line. I putted it in init lines of the heli, a trigger, different ammotrucks... i tried it with scripts and the init.sqs, used different kinds of vehicle, named them and so on. In my country is a adage for my situation: "I am at the end with my latin". Means, i really dont know what i have to do and i am not able to find any information that works.

Friends of mine and me are using this mod and we have a great time with it, we really appreciate the work and all people who are working on it. But its a little bit daunting when we cant choose the weaponary by our selfs.

Could someone please help me out?

Thanks very much

PS: We are playing Arma 2 mostly with the ACE mod, but we also tried it only with vanilla. Dont know if this is important.

I used it in a vehicle init like this:

fza_ah64_armingunits = [(typeof truck1),(typeof apc1)];

And it worked for me. If that doesn't work you can try adding it to a delayed script in order to overwrite the default arming vehicles.

the last realistic AH-64D sim I remember was Jane's Longbow 2 -- it was 16 years ago...

I wonder whether ED would ever make a DCS: Apache, even if it's an older model.

I used it in a vehicle init like this:

fza_ah64_armingunits = [(typeof truck1),(typeof apc1)];

And it worked for me. If that doesn't work you can try adding it to a delayed script in order to overwrite the default arming vehicles.

I am sorry if its a stupid question but now i am totaly confused, f.e. i place on the map me as a pilot, an empty--> ah64 and an empty--> ammotruck. what do you mean with typeof apc1? do i have to put 2 vehicles on the map?

thanks alot

Edit: Finally i got it! It works for me if i place a warfare ammotruck Mtvr. Thanks for the help

Edited by Orangensaftsaft

I wonder whether ED would ever make a DCS: Apache, even if it's an older model.

Supposedly they are/were. They have exterior models of both Alpha and Delta, and even posted screenshots of the alpha cockpit a looong time ago.

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/images/all_037a_015.jpg

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/images/all_037a_014.jpg

But there hasn't been any word on that and they have shown interior imges for the hind and several others...probably won't see anything two seater too soon.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/618406683092476650/A9FBFD380905247352411FD2A9D909D8B22DAD5C/

Thanks, guys ;)

Hi WMKS,

I would greatly appreciate some instructions on how you got it (mostly) working in A3.

UPDATED! v1.31 has been released!

Changes:

- Modified gun tracking in HMD and AUTO modes to remove bank error.

- Modified IHADSS scripting to work faster on per frame handler.

- Modified weapon damage so that if using a linked weapon and one

pylon is damaged, only ordnance is lost on that pylon.

- New laser designation system for CPG.

- New experimental mouse input for click actions: when the Head Tracking On action

is used, the mouse will move the 'X' click action point.

- Gun burst no longer forced time restriction. Gun now has overheat tracking

and overuse can result in gun jamming.

- Gunner heads down symbology in place.

- Added DTV monochrome effect.

- Modified gun control: gun control exclusively the realm of the CPG in multiplayer.

- Fixed issue with MPD buttons not working with CEM off.

AH-64D ArmA2 v1.31

And as a bonus, here is a ArmA3 compatible controls file (note: requires fza_ah64_us.pbo from v1.31 for ArmA2 to function):

AH-64D ArmA3 compatible controls file v1.31

Note that this is not fully tested and may not work 100%!

I had wanted to delay until v1.4 was ready so we could get new skins and textures in place but Nodunit won't have that ready for a while. These scripting updates are not fully tested so there may be some issues in multiplayer or certain situations that I haven't found yet.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** the ArmA3 compatible controls file is available as a seperate downloadlink on the downloadpage/newspage!

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (NodUnit) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

What pleasent surprise!! (Although Takis and Chedakis won't be pleased) Thank you!!! And Merry Christmas guys!!!

UPDATED! v1.31 has been released!

Changes:

- Modified gun tracking in HMD and AUTO modes to remove bank error.

- Modified IHADSS scripting to work faster on per frame handler.

- Modified weapon damage so that if using a linked weapon and one

pylon is damaged, only ordnance is lost on that pylon.

- New laser designation system for CPG.

- New experimental mouse input for click actions: when the Head Tracking On action

is used, the mouse will move the 'X' click action point.

- Gun burst no longer forced time restriction. Gun now has overheat tracking

and overuse can result in gun jamming.

- Gunner heads down symbology in place.

- Added DTV monochrome effect.

- Modified gun control: gun control exclusively the realm of the CPG in multiplayer.

- Fixed issue with MPD buttons not working with CEM off.

AH-64D ArmA2 v1.31

And as a bonus, here is a ArmA3 compatible controls file (note: requires fza_ah64_us.pbo from v1.31 for ArmA2 to function):

AH-64D ArmA3 compatible controls file v1.31

Note that this is not fully tested and may not work 100%!

I had wanted to delay until v1.4 was ready so we could get new skins and textures in place but Nodunit won't have that ready for a while. These scripting updates are not fully tested so there may be some issues in multiplayer or certain situations that I haven't found yet.

Excellent job guys, and just in time for Christmas!

Have a good one!

Nixon