Sign in to follow this  
pappi_man

Multiplayer Co-op Save Game / Load Game?

I tried to find any info on this but haven't found anything. This lack of Load Game feature is making long missions(2 - 5 hrs long missions) extremely painful experience, because co-op partner could die from a bug(Rocks mostly), accidentally G'd somewhere or just get killed at middle of the mission. I don't think anyone enjoys spectating for hours and having to restart entire mission over and over again.

ArmA 2 introduced it and it was friggin' holy grale for anyone who enjoys extremely long co-op missions that could take days to complete it.

Will it come back? I haven't seen any Dev responses on the issue.

It's very difficult to make a mission save-compatible when you are using scripts. Most people just don't bother. Best solution is to either split the mission into parts or have some sort of a respawn system. Of course, you'll have to understand that not everyone are making perfect missions that are fun to play, sometimes you just get a bad mission and should move on to a different one (or fix it if you're hardcore :)).

That just reminded me of Operation Flashpoint Resistance (predecessor of ARMA bebore Codemasters wiped floor with BIS). Tha game itself had no save for multiplayer and you could not rejoin to ongoing game. Mostly played maps were CTF and CTI modes. Ah the CTI were awfully long. You had to wait even an hour for all 40 people to fill the slots and then start game. Few times I played games that were up to 16 hours long so we started at morning and ended late evening with taking breaks. Two or three times I saw 20+ hour game (still around 25 remaining players).

Anyway don´t even bother to play that long Coops if they arebuggedor without save unless you are very experienced and have high chance of completing it without restart. If you are new or do not have so much experience then go for shorter missions that create sequence or get better on fast paced maps like Capture the Flag or some kind of mini battlefield for town.

Hey, I know this is a pretty old thread. Has anyone done any more research on allowing players to play long missions over multiple sessions through some sort of Save/Load mechanic?

Over a year has passed and not a single word. One the best feature in ArmA 2 is still not in A3 :/

This Mission uses INIDBi2 and position, players, vehicles, time of day, cargo and load outs are saved even if the server restarts  

ZKs -=LOST=-

• Like 2