major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

No, you're still doing it wrong ... I think ;)

in the last picture you trying to access the autoconfig at this url ftp://149.202.92.201/.a3s/autoconfig when it probably should be ftp://149.202.92.201/Repository/.a3s/autoconfig according to your filezilla screenshot.

Still, when I try to connect to it, I got a connection refused. Are you allowing anonymous connections? What port is the ftp using? Is the firewall allowing any external connections?

Tried to fix things, now it looks like this :

When I try to use the autoconfig url.

When I try to upload.

I'm on a game server hosted at ABC Game servers. It's not a dedicated one, I just want to use it to host my repository on it.

hey dont allow anonymous connections.

Ok so now when I try to connect to it using the autoconfig URL it shows me this...

Should I contact my server hoster and ask them how to enable anonymous user ?

If you have a web server for hosting your clan site you can use it to distribute the autoconfig file of the FTP repository, auto-config url will then looks like http://blabla/autoconfig

so that end users wont know the password.

Ok I see thank you very much.

Other question, am I obligated to use the "upload" option in Arma 3 sync to build the repository ? Because all the mods are already on the FTP and I would waste a lot of time uplading them a second time...

What you must do:

1 - On the FTP create a dedicated directory for the repository

2 - Move every mods on the FTP to this directory

3 - On your pc build the repository with the exact same content.

4 - Upload manually the /.a3s folder using binary transfer mode to the remote repository

5. From this point the repository should work ok

6. Next time you want to update the remote repository, rebuild the repo on your pc then use the upload arma3sync command.

ArmA3Sync will compare the local and remote /.a3s/sync file and then upload only the new/updated files.

The repository is working !!

Now I'm trying to see if I can enable anonymous access with my server provider :)

Thank you very much for your answers 

Is there a way to get workshop mods to properly show up in the addons pane?

They USED to work, if I recall back in May or June they worked, but no longer. I've tried adding my "Steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3/!Workshop" folder to the Addon Search Directories, but nothing happened when I did.

Again, the !Workshop folder used to actually work properly in ArmA3Sync, showing all of the workshop mods with their proper names and allowing them to be loaded regularly. I'm just hoping I can make it work again, as it would make things a lot easier (Arma 3's launcher is a bit clunky and slow).

Unfortunately my server provider wont allow anonymous access. I dont have any other ftp host, do you know where I could put the autoconfig file ? :[

Are you using Linux or Windows to build the repo ?

I only use linux for building, i tried making events on local and upload these but I had permissions issues.

HEy guys,

is it "normal" that I need to completely reset and reupload the Repo after big changes? Like yesterday I changed a few gigs of Mods and it got stuck in the delete cycle. After 5+ hours (that's the time I need for a 20gig upload) of waiting I canceled the process and restarted it. A few times the upload said "done" but when I synced another client with the Repo, it said no changes. 

So I started a complete reupload.

Sidenote: A real automatic "retry" feature with uploads would be great so it doesn't wait till next morning. In Germany we have automatic disconnects every 24 hours and we usually configure our routers to do that during the night.

HEy guys,

is it "normal" that I need to completely reset and reupload the Repo after big changes? Like yesterday I changed a few gigs of Mods and it got stuck in the delete cycle. After 5+ hours (that's the time I need for a 20gig upload) of waiting I canceled the process and restarted it. A few times the upload said "done" but when I synced another client with the Repo, it said no changes. 

So I started a complete reupload.

Sidenote: A real automatic "retry" feature with uploads would be great so it doesn't wait till next morning. In Germany we have automatic disconnects every 24 hours and we usually configure our routers to do that during the night.

Could you check if you are not missing overwrite permission on the FTP? Typically if the /.a3s/sync failed to be replaced which happens just after the delete cycle then no change in the repo is detected has /.a3s/sync hold the metadata required for the synchronization.

Auto retry after connection/write timeout could be added yes.

Could you check if you are not missing overwrite permission on the FTP? Typically if the /.a3s/sync failed to be replaced which happens just after the delete cycle then no change in the repo is detected has /.a3s/sync hold the metadata required for the synchronization....

Thank you for your answer. Permissions are fine. Normally everything works fine it just happens with big changes. BTW: It seems to me that you make changes to the "sync" file after upload. Couldn't you just prepare the file in a way, that we could simply upload by FTP / script  / whatever? Would make life a lot easier as we could simply use our most loved FTP client or sync - tool for the rest.

Edit: 

Plan B would be to arrange the procedure in a way, that I could upload to an FTP server on 127.0.0.1 and later copy it to the real one manually. But that 'd mean that we have a domain name change in between. Also not a good idea ATM.

Thank you for your answer. Permissions are fine. Normally everything works fine it just happens with big changes. BTW: It seems to me that you make changes to the "sync" file after upload. Couldn't you just prepare the file in a way, that we could simply upload by FTP / script  / whatever? Would make life a lot easier as we could simply use our most loved FTP client or sync - tool for the rest.

Edit: 

Plan B would be to arrange the procedure in a way, that I could upload to an FTP server on 127.0.0.1 and later copy it to the real one manually. But that 'd mean that we have a domain name change in between. Also not a good idea ATM.

Just check on the FTP after the upload that the /.a3s/sync have been replaced by looking to the file modification date.

At the beginning of the upload, ArmA3Sync compares the remote and local /.a3s/sync file to determine which file to upload/delete so that only changes are applied on the FTP.

If you use FileZilla client/whatever you will have to re upload everything.

Uploading on 127.0.0.1 (localhost) is not possible if you have internet distance between your pc and the FTP server.

if you are able to access the machine hosting the FTP (remote console/remote desktop), simply install ArmA3Sync on the machine and build the repository from there.

Thank you for your answer. It would be great if that procedure could change one day to make uploads by other software possible. 

btw: Have a nice weekend!

Salut,

J'ai config un Repository pour mon serveur sur un VPS Linux, tout fonctionne sauf quand je veux télécharger le modpack depuis Arma3Sync. J'ai cette erreur:

Download has been canceled due to too many errors (>10)
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_zeds.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_zed_faces.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_missions.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_apex.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/ravage.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Armes_c.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Armes.pbo.r3f.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Armes.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Acc.pbo.r3f.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Acc.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/pulledup.pbo.hal_rvg.bisign

pourtant tout ces fichiers sont sur le serveur!

Merci

A priori URL du

Salut,

J'ai config un Repository pour mon serveur sur un VPS Linux, tout fonctionne sauf quand je veux télécharger le modpack depuis Arma3Sync. J'ai cette erreur:

Download has been canceled due to too many errors (>10)
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_zeds.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_zed_faces.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_missions.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/rvg_apex.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/ravage.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Armes_c.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Armes.pbo.r3f.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Armes.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Acc.pbo.r3f.bisign
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/R3F_Acc.pbo
- File not found on repository: /@Destrium/Addons/pulledup.pbo.hal_rvg.bisign

pourtant tout ces fichiers sont sur le serveur!

Merci

envoies moi en mp les infos de connection au repository.

Hey there,

we're having some issues with Arma 3 Sync for the last two weeks, I think.

We're having a Repository, which includes 37 mods at the moment.

Before we started having issues with Sync,  we loaded the Rep. from the server and in the "Addons" Tab we had a folder (called @Unshaved), which included all the mods. That Way we just dragged the folder over to the right and activated the checkbox.

Now, after loading the Rep., in the "Addons" Tab we only have a @Unshaved-Mod, no folder. If I try to drag that mod over to the right and activate it, it doesn't load any of our mods.

If I try adding the folder from the Rep. via the "Modsets"-Buttons, it loads a folder named @Unshaved with all the Mods in there, but if I try to activate them it makes them all red, as if they were not loaded. If I try starting the game that way, it gives me an error, saying "Failed to launch Arma 3. The following addons are missing: ..."

So I have to start Arma with the Arma-Launcher, which is a little annoying.

Do you have any Ideas what might be the issue here?

Thanks in Advance!

Hey there,

we're having some issues with Arma 3 Sync for the last two weeks, I think.

We're having a Repository, which includes 37 mods at the moment.

Before we started having issues with Sync,  we loaded the Rep. from the server and in the "Addons" Tab we had a folder (called @Unshaved), which included all the mods. That Way we just dragged the folder over to the right and activated the checkbox.

Now, after loading the Rep., in the "Addons" Tab we only have a @Unshaved-Mod, no folder. If I try to drag that mod over to the right and activate it, it doesn't load any of our mods.

If I try adding the folder from the Rep. via the "Modsets"-Buttons, it loads a folder named @Unshaved with all the Mods in there, but if I try to activate them it makes them all red, as if they were not loaded. If I try starting the game that way, it gives me an error, saying "Failed to launch Arma 3. The following addons are missing: ..."

So I have to start Arma with the Arma-Launcher, which is a little annoying.

Do you have any Ideas what might be the issue here?

Thanks in Advance!

Check Addon options panel -> Addon search directories

Hey,

our Mod-Folder is a sub-folder of the "normal" Arma Folder (Steamapps/common/arma3/@Unshaved) and in there are all the mods.

If I add that folder specifically nothing changes until I delete the folder above (steamapps/common/arma3) from the list, then all the mods from our Rep. show up, but anything that's not in there (mods for other Gamemodes, etc) don't show up anymore. (As to be expected...)

Just moving the folder up top in the List in Addon search directories doesn't change anything too.

I'd just love to have the @Unshaved Folder back in the addons panel. Is there a possibility to basically have both folders active?

A priori URL du

envoies moi en mp les infos de connection au repository.

je t'es envoyer les infos