major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

We have 3 servers and i want to update all 3 directory's with A3S. I added the path to all of them and just wanted to change the dir in the repo menu. Click / update / click / update

For all the 3 repositories you must go back to the Repositories Panel, select the repository you want -> connect to repository -> build. Be aware that each repository have a specific url. The build path must correspond with this url unless of course if you intend to upload the repository after the build.

I am still having problems with my Repo, I have gotten to where it can now connect and see the mods, but can not dl any of them, it has something to do with zsync files, we uploaded the mods to the repo using arma3sync so not sure where we went wrong. Mr Shepard I have left you my repo info in a pm like you requested, thank you for your help when you can.

Twiztid

See your pm. Also remove the .rsync folder inside some addons, this folder is from PWS, ArmA3Sync has nothing to with it.

Is there possibility to keep rememembered, which addons was activated within each addon group when main/group switch is changed? Currently, each time I'm switching addon group's switch on/off, all addons from that group automatically are switched on/off too, analogously for "All" switch. That basically means, each time I'm launching the game vanilla, without mods (switched off main switch), next play with addons I must tediously, click by click, manually restore for each group addons, I'm using usually. Saving presets could be ideal solution too.

I could possibly change addon grouping habits, and group addons by sets (like "usual", "mission X" etc), not by types, like I do currently ("maps", "weapons", "FX" etc), but I preffer my current way, used to it since Arma 2, and seems cleaner to me.

You can create ArmA3Sync profiles (Menu -> Profiles -> Edit). Each profile will save your addon group selection so you can swith from one to another this way.

Question,

Can I create a repo from my pc, but the files are hosted on an FTP in a server?

Are you saying that you can not host a repo on a web server? I got you pm and still did not get it set up correctly. I am a little confused.

Thank You for you help and time,

Twiztid

Server its coming from:

3768941468.png

My connection:

3768941984.png

There are no limitations on the FTP server I'm using as I've been downloading through the FTP at my max speed. It was the same on a previous dedibox. Something is definitely limiting the speed through Arma 3 Sync, other people in the thread are reporting the same issue. The speeds I often see it limited to are: 2.5mbs and 300kbs.

Hi all i have the following problem, and looking for advice from users with the same or similar setup.

Setup:

1 - I keep my master repo on my PC (and other admins do the same)

2 - I have a remote FTP server in Linux serving as public repo

3 - I have setup an anonymous access for the general public to download the repo

4 - I have setup an admin account that is also able to upload and change files on the server so me and other admins can update the repo if required.

Problem:

When i upload the repo to the server from within arma3sync (first locally build, than upload to FTP) The admin credentials are being saved in the auto-config file.

Thus resulting me in distributing the admin account to ALL users when they connect to the auto-config file, and effectively granting the public users full admin rights on the FTP. (Something you do NOT want obviously)

Is there a way for me to prevent this from happening ?

Thanks !!

Edited by kamaradski

I have yet to get it up on my own server yet, but from other repo's I have downloaded from there is some sort of limit. The most I have ever been able to get was 500kbs, I really need to get mine up as I have a dedicated web server and know there is no limitations on speeds to really test this.

Twiztid

Edit: I also do want to say though, even with this problem, this tool is still the best way to sync muliple people with a servers mod list, Thanks Major_Shepard

Edited by Twizztid

Here what I get from my FTP server => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_download_ftp_rate.png

Here what I get from my HTTP server => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_downlaod_http_rate.png

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Hi all i have the following problem, and looking for advice from users with the same or similar setup.

Setup:

1 - I keep my master repo on my PC (and other admins do the same)

2 - I have a remote FTP server in Linux serving as public repo

3 - I have setup an anonymous access for the general public to download the repo

4 - I have setup an admin account that is also able to upload and change files on the server so me and other admins can update the repo if required.

Problem:

When i upload the repo to the server from within arma3sync (first locally build, than upload to FTP) The admin credentials are being saved in the auto-config file.

Thus resulting me in distributing the admin account to ALL users when they connect to the auto-config file, and effectively granting the public users full admin rights on the FTP. (Something you do NOT want obviously)

Is there a way for me to prevent this from happening ?

Thanks !!

You must set the repository with anonymous access. Build the repository then select Upload options and change the connection info with the one that have login and password.

Have you changed any settings Shepard? Either server side or through filezilla?

As it appears that if I do a sync locally on the box I get 40-50mbs but to other machines I get 2.5mbs max per file. Even in standard filezilla transfers. I'm wondering whats causing the bottleneck, if its a setting I've missed.

Though transferring from filezilla to filezilla with two dediboxes doesnt seem to have this issue.

Another screen from my FTP server (1 Gbit/s) against my connection ~ 250 Mbit/s. Left side FileZilla Server running on the remote machine, right side ArmA3Sync on my PC => ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_download_rate_ftp_2.png

FileZilla Server does not have any specific settings.

Edited by Major_Shepard

You must set the repository with anonymous access. Build the repository then select Upload options and change the connection info with the one that have login and password.

That did the trick and fixed it for me, thanks a lot for your help !!

It looks like there is some common issue with FTP and to players ISPS where people get around half of their max bandwidth per file.. so if they download two files they will max their connection out and this appears to be a problem with FTP protocols or ISP related for some reason.

Could you in a future version allow for multiple files to be downloaded at the same time?

I've searched everywhere for a fix, I've tried registry fixes and changes but its looking like its a global ISP issue or an issue with FTP protocols from windows 2008 servers, I have no solid proof on the exact cause.

I am pretty sure the company you hire the host machine is limitating your bandwith when it comes to large file download. In my team we used to have this kind of problem. The day we have changed of datacentrer, magically the problem disappeared.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Annoying if true - seems quite a few suffer from this problem, any chance of a multi-file support function being added to the A3Sync? by far the best program i've found for this! :)

Hey there

im having some trouble creating a repository on my Linux server

HTTP-Server: Apache2

suddenly the console application is not documented well in the wiki ...

what i did so far:

- downloaded ArmA3Sync

- Executed the "NEW" command

ArmA3Sync console commands:
NEW: create a new repository
BUILD: build repository
CHECK: check repository synchronization
DELETE: delete repository
LIST: list repositories
UPDATE: check for updates
COMMANDS: display commands
VERSION: display version
QUIT: quit

Please enter a command = NEW

Build a new repository
Enter repository name: UTF
Enter repository protocole FTP or HTTP: HTTP
Enter repository port (21 default FTP, 80 default HTTP: 120
Enter user login (enter anonymous for public access): anonymous
Enter user login (leave blank if no password):
Enter repository url: a3repo1.unitedtacticalforces.de
Enter root shared folder path: /home/a3sync/a3repo1
Repository creation finished.
Auto-config url: http://a3repo1.unitedtacticalforces.de/.a3s/autoconfig

but at "/home/a3sync/a3repo1" is just an empty folder...