Sign in to follow this  
forzajuve

[SP CAMP] Liberation of Chernarus

Congrats on the release. :) Downloading.

I KNEW tom3kb would be in here downloading!

tom3kb downloads campaigns like......like Polish people downloading sausages. Like Germans downloading beer. Like Japanese downloading Sushi.

I think you know what I mean....he's campaign crazy!

I KNEW tom3kb would be in here downloading!

I mean....he's campaign crazy!

:D Yes. Last time i checked my campaigns folder in arma 2 i count ~150 campaigns. ;)

Just started playing. In mission Calm Before Storm you have wrong dimensions in overview picture (i think 522x522) so in campaign menu there is (white picture) with small error message about wrong picture size. But its nothing big.

@down

Yeah, i know how to fix this. But like i write earlier its nothing big. ;)

Edited by tom3kb

Indeed I do, just noticed that. The rest should be 512, I must have forgot to resize after I added a border.

Weird though because the image was working fine for me in the menu, probably why I didn't notice.

If you want to fix just resize the image to 512x512 with the same filename. Delete the 522x522 version after.

Cool! Good to see another campaign. Downloading now and will get cracking on it.

You wrote that playing in CO may cause some issues with sniping at night, obviously because some scopes become (correctly) dark. So in case I wanted to fix this just for myself by editing in some other rifle (I'm usually playing with a gazillion of addons), which mission(s) is/are the problematic one(s)?

#7 Guardian Angel

#11 Grim Reaping

#21 Danger Close

The first two should be fine without NV, probably not the last one. I added many light sources for the first two where necessary but it's not that possible with the 3rd one.

thx! I'll have to think about what to use, I tend towards the FRF2 Optronic from the Operation Frenchpoint package.

You might be able to use the scopes provided, but maybe as the Player, you need to get in close enough to see without the NVG-scope.

Then again, that could be dangerous if enemy see's you.

NOTE: Could players please provide positive/negative feedback and any advice. He spent hours making this campaign and he had the whip to my back beta testing it...........your suggestions are kindly appreciated.

I finished first few missions, it's very good campaign. I like that we have missions for different soldiers (pilots, infantry, recon etc). Nice that in some missions we are not a teamleader. I have problems with 4th mission C-Day. In first task when me must prepare ambush for CHdKZ our and enemy units dont fight, they raport contacts etc but nobody shoots. Few times my team shoot to enemy infantry/tanks. Enemy tanks ride through our lines and dont shoot. I think probably this mission is to heavy for my PC (i tested this mission on 2 PC-s one with 2x2.8Ghz 2Gb ram, Geforce 9500gt 512 MB and on 2nd 3x2,8Ghz 4 GB ram and geforce gts 450 amp 1GB).

I play with JSRS an Blastcore without AI mods.

If all is ok with this mission on yours PC it's probably to "heavy" for my PC (i had this problem earlier with some user made missions). I will probably use cheats and jump to next mission.

Cheers

That is strange, but it sounds like something more related to Arma 2 than my campaign, maybe try lowering your settings. I'm using core2duo 2.66ghz, 2gb ram & 512mb 3850 (old lol i know) on mostly normal-high settings (1440x900) and it works fine. Are you using CO? maybe there is an issue there too.

But yeah if it doesn't work just use endmission = left shift + numpad - + endmission typed. The successful mission endings are always the first ending so endmission will always work.

I have problems with 4th mission C-Day. In first task when me must prepare ambush for CHdKZ our and enemy units dont fight, they raport contacts etc but nobody shoots.

But yeah if it doesn't work just use endmission = left shift + numpad - + endmission typed. The successful mission endings are always the first ending so endmission will always work.

What's the name of that mission?

I remember something while testing and that OPFOR and BLUEFOR would walk or run right in front of each other and not shoot.

Was it a night mission? I think that mission was a bit heavy for me too and I'm rock-n-rolling with my rig.

I have problems with 4th mission C-Day. In first task when me must prepare ambush for CHdKZ our and enemy units dont fight, they raport contacts etc but nobody shoots.

What's the name of that mission?

I remember something while testing and that OPFOR and BLUEFOR would walk or run right in front of each other and not shoot.

Was it a night mission? I think that mission was a bit heavy for me too and I'm rock-n-rolling with my rig.

I will try few more times load/save, i remember sometimes this can help, maybe i will also lower my settings. If not i will use "endmission".

definitely try to lower your settings first. I also find missions often work more smoothly the second time through, i.e. maybe play for 5-10 minutes then restart the mission.

If there are no gamebreaking bugs in campaign you dont get to many feedback. ;) So maybe no feedback is not so bad news. :)

I stoped playing becose first i want to finish CSLA, but in first few missions that i played i didn't have any bugs so i think later all will be ok too (i hope). :)

well I put a massive amount of time into it, some feedback on it would be nice.

I still have to try it, I rhink I´ll start this weekend :)

So I did play a few Missions and well lets start with the positive stuff:

The Prologue Intro was really well made

The First Mission was quite good. I liked that you could choose to stay and fight or to run

Now for the bad stuff:

The second Mission: The Gear selection: Why did you give some units silenced G36? They don´t make any sense on FR Units. Some Units had silenced Weapons while other had non silenced, you should either give silenced weapons to everybody or just leave them at their standard weapons. Some Units had mounted flashlights and turned them on when the fight started. It just completely blinded me and I couldn´t see anything.

The Third Mission: A nice dogfight with a few SU-25 but you made the mission end as soon as the last Su is destroyed. Also there isn´t a single AA at the Airfield.

The Fourth Mission: Jesus Christ how many Marines were that? Performance was quite bad because of so many Units in a tight Area. Also that has to be the most absurd ambush I ever saw. Simply lining up the Marines and throwing a huge bunch of enemys at them is not an Ambush.

Fifth Mission: Jesus are you serious? This has to be a full platoon of Marines+a ridiculous ammount of AAVs all starting in a 200m*200m Area and then beeing thrown at a huge ammount of enemys. Performance was extremely bad and we are talking about an i7 2600k that is running at 4,3GHz

I don´t know if I should continue playing this campaign at this point...