Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Nogojev addon v0.5

While waiting for good tools to edit island files, I will make this preview version of my "Nogojev" island available... Its basically Kolgujev with Nogova trees, new towns, new 512x512 land textures and some other changes.

Future versions will propably add more trees and possibly other things to the island so be prepared for that when making missions...

It comes in a whooping 30MB sized zip file, which you can download from http://ofp.kege.cjb.net or http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net as usual.

Edit: It requires OFP Resistance of course.

And a few pics:

nogojev1.jpg

nogojev3.jpg

nogojev5.jpg

nogojev4.jpg

nogojev8.jpg

It is very good, but the towns could look a little more natural. Other than that its great.

are we allowed to award knighthoods to Operation flashpoint editors like kegetys? (yay I spelt it right)

it looks great!...dont know if it will be useful but it really looks great.... its a good example for other mappers

good work keg... like always... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While waiting for good tools to edit island files<span id='postcolor'>

Do you think we will ever see better tools such as visoter? Thats not a rhetorical question I am just wondering your opinion, you know more about the tools than I do. I am downloading it now, personally I think the resistance pine trees are 100 times better than regular ofp's.

I really like the island. I would like more Petrovice style towns; with the stalinist flats. That suits the island best in my opinion.

Yes, good idear with the objects of Resistance on Kolgujev and better textures.

But: Why don´t you make a new island?

WRP-edit is a very good tool.

Ok, some things (like copy and paste) should be added, but in the other things wrp-edit is a very powerful tool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nik @ Aug. 10 2002,01:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WRP-edit is a very good tool.<span id='postcolor'>

I strongly disagree, its user interface is horrible. Placing objects is _very_ slow, the general "feel" of it is very clumsy, it doesnt auto-generate the transition textures between different landtexture types, it cannot align forest objects properly to the land grid, nor can it align roads or other objects. Its terrain editing features are also very slow to use (Though you can always import an heightmap but that is only 1% of the whole job of doing an island).

Of course I understand that is a beta version, and thats why I said I will improve the island when better tools for doing it are available (visitor or a new version of wrpedit).

Nice work Kegetys. It's funny that yesterday I made a small pack for my personal use that replaces all old trees with Nogova ones in Data3D.pbo, it worked like charm in SP (it really made all old islands like completely new ones) but didn't work at all in MP sad.gif.

I have been exploring this island and I really like it. I can wait for a mire final version. I noticed that the barrcks are custom, the walk-in one but with new posters.

Nice work Keg. Will you use more of the larger buildings from Nogova and the new church in a later version?

I like this island, Kegetys.

Hope that you will make also an island with the new tools, when they are released.

Could you please take that subject to another thread. You are going to get this thread locked up mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I have deleted about 15 posts that were entirely offtopic to prevent this thread from being closed. Now stick to the topic or I will close it since deleting posts individually is tedious work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 18 2002,03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any updates regarding the island?<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, still waiting for better tools tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice. Any plans to do "updated" versions of the other islands? <span id='postcolor'>

I kindof already have done one of out of Everon, but it still needs work... Malden wouldnt propably look very good as it has very different trees and forests than Nogova.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Malden wouldnt propably look very good as it has very different trees and forests than Nogova.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm how about making version of Malden that uses Nogova trees and Nogova land textures. So it would be more "green" version of Malden wink.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Aug. 18 2002,11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Malden wouldnt propably look very good as it has very different trees and forests than Nogova.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm how about making version of Malden that uses Nogova trees and Nogova land textures. So it would be more "green" version of Malden wink.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

What else would "new" mean? tounge.gif (except that Nogova land textures dont go in any other island properly so they all need to be remade like with Nogojev and Everon) It would be very similar to the Everon/Kolgujev versions then, so im not sure if it would be worth the trouble.

Kegetys maybe you can resample the ground textures for Malden ? smile.gif

I think the Nog hi-res trees would fit in on any island as they seem to have the same folage.

Only thing with Malden is ground textures I would think, so if ya can edit the textures then maybe you can change em to suit Malden?.

just a thought

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Feb. 02 2003,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What kinda program did u use to edit Kolgujev?<span id='postcolor'>

Ultraedit mostly

Well, since nogojev post is back... are you planning to make an Everon, Malden, and maybe ever desert island version?