Sign in to follow this  
JohnnieConcrete

A Great Job by Bohemia

i agree, there is obviosly to many moans and begs out here, at least few positive threads should exist. And we will see, how many people are actually positive about arma 3, and how many are negative. Ive a feeling lately, more and more become negative towards arma 3. But thats normal, like someone said, most or all of them, playing a game from alpha stage for first time, and following the progress all the time.

For me, there is nothing f*ucking new, that stuff what was planed, gets cut. Sometimes the devs were overambitions at begining, and more clear vision of what can be done, and what don't, comes later. Sometimes shortly before release...

Just look at Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It were developed for about 7 years? Delayed since 2003/04/05. Lots of stuff got cut, reworked etc. Still a nice game to play through for many times. And got millions of sales.

I have no f*cking problem, if i'm not geting campaign later for FREE, i'm playing 99% of time both arma 2 and 3 in multiplayer, so thats really just 1% loss for me, worth to moan and complain about? Nope!

CAn you name a company, thats so much open to it's community, like BIS? (no boots licking here, but i really don't know the similar one). Where devs chat on forums with their fans, but not just basic phrases like: hi, nice 2 have u here, or thanks, much appriciated?

Sadly, some people are like: the more food they get, the more fat they become. They want moar moar moar... With attitude like that, we are geting to COD community, wheres a kid, wanted to shoot a dev, cause they nerfed his favorite weapon. You wanna go that direction? really?

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Sycophantic, are you serious? How would I gain anything by flattering people I've never met and probably never will.

Just because someone compliments a person/company doesn't make them a sycophant, Its being appreciative of a lot of hard work done by others

Arma 2 is still being patched after nearly 5 years and tonnes of people still play it, How many games out there are doing that? VERY FEW

ah, just ignore them. Obviosly this are trolls, saying stuff like that. Every forum, has it's trolls. :)

Another page and two people are added to the positive camp. :D

That being said initial review of the new weights and fatigue makes me quite happy. * I reserve the right to head back to grumpy mode later*

As for companies, I assume you mean GAME companies, and even then once you leave the mainstream it really opens up.

ArenaNet. Paradox (I may be a fanboy), Troika, Introversion etc etc

There are quite a few companies where the devs are very vocal and interact with the community A Lot.

The problem is, it is rare for that to get attention outside of the community really and NOT only does the company know how to encourage a positive environment but the community also shows its appreciation in massive ways.

i.e. - https://www.wepay.com/donations/98172 and I quote

We wanted to get you a treat for all the years of hard work you've put into Guild Wars 2. So kick back and enjoy the sweet taste of triumph. - Your Fans

Oddly enough I cant really find others

Edited by Masharra

The more food you give them the fatter they become..err..well interesting contrast I suppose..mine is a shark tank. If you feed the fishes then they swim happily, but the moment you take the food away you best be at distance because there will be blood.

The delay of content is a bit of a "Eeehh?" for me but I think the team is still learning the ropes on some of things..a new physics engine does change a lot and lighting tweaks are still going on, not to mention new sound system, now moving into experimental infantry weight systems and lots more.

Having seen arma 2's original German release though I don't think anyone can say that Arma 3 has started off worse than it's predecessor and I'll admit, I have had quite a bit of fun playing around with what they have given us thus far and I look forward to seeing how it unveils.

I'm happy with it's current stage, but only for a beta. I appreciate the hard work the devs do and all, but it's just disappointing more could not be done to be delivered on release. Hell, I'd even be happier if they didn't call it a release, but like an extended beta or something then with a polished campaign and more units (1 a/p, really?) for the "official release".

I'm happy with it's current stage, but only for a beta. I appreciate the hard work the devs do and all, but it's just disappointing more could not be done to be delivered on release. Hell, I'd even be happier if they didn't call it a release, but like an extended beta or something then with a polished campaign and more units (1 a/p, really?) for the "official release".

they would haave to delay it, and q3 2013 was planed by all means,

I have no f*cking problem, if i'm not geting campaign later for FREE

The keyword is "I". Others might not share that feeling, and it doesn't make them evil.

Sadly, some people are like: the more food they get, the more fat they become. They want moar moar moar... With attitude like that, we are geting to COD community, wheres a kid, wanted to shoot a dev, cause they nerfed his favorite weapon. You wanna go that direction? [/quote

I am not sure whom you mean with that, but wanting a single player campaign doesn't mean "moar moar moar"[

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

That being said initial review of the new weights and fatigue makes me quite happy. * I reserve the right to head back to grumpy mode later*

Definitely moving into the right direction. I'd love to see more pronounced effects from being 100% fatigued, but the carrying capacities are almost at a point now where I would say they could stay. I'd love to see them cut one more missile.

no seriosly, whats the butthurt some people get, knowing they have to wait 1 more week, to play the campaign, for free?

It's not "wait 1 more week", it's "wait up to four weeks (so about mid-October) for a mini-campaign, then who knows how long for two more"...

The usually negative feedback on these forums are why I end up keeping the devs aware of off-forums feedback. :D

Are you serious ?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Wow. Sorry if I'm not adding much of significance with this post, but what a great amount of hostility here.

There is no hostility. Just a lot of disappointment about the current situation. About how much has been cut out, and how much won't be in the game (like, jets, shotguns, grenade launchers, campaigns, etc).

Heck, I'm not even BLAMING BI for it. As I said before on numerous times, I can accept it when they say it was difficult. But hell, why the heck am I a "whiner", "crybaby", "dumb" or "hostile" just because I actually say that I am disappointed ?

Is it nowadays forbidden to give negative feedback ? Do we need to be all happy and positive just because we're getting only a fraction of what was originally planned ?

Guys, honestly, I will defend Bohemia in a lot of situations, but there are times when this is not only not necessary, but also not useful for anyone. I'm sure BI is pretty much aware of the situation and I'm sure they themselves are unhappy about the many cuts they had to make. But don't sugarcoat it and tell me how much I'm getting when so much is missing. This is getting a slight bit ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

no seriosly, whats the butthurt some people get, knowing they have to wait 1 more week, to play the campaign, for free?

For free, yeah, like, it was already advertised to be in the game, and I paid for the game (75 € no less) expecting it to be in. So don't now tell me "you will get it for free" if I bought the game while it was still advertised as having a campaign. If it weren't free, shit would really hit the fan. Don't sell a shortcoming as a bonus.

Normally, I wouldn't even bother to reply to something that calls my opinion "butthurt", but here you go.

The point is not (at least for me) that there is a delay. I am fine with that, and for what it is worth, they could have taken all the time they needed to fix all that is wrong in the game. I'm happy for getting Altis, for sure. But it also isn't one week. It's four weeks for the first part, to be followed by two more parts. Given the fact that you might play a total of, say, 15 hours on the campaign, that means three chunks of five hours per month. Not the greatest prospect.

But as I said, that's not the point.

The problem is the state of the game. The fact that the campaign is cut from the final release indicates that the game isn't really in a state to be released. That's already painfully obvious in the way the AI handles (numerous video proof exist). As it is now, we're missing rain; we're missing briefing loadout. We're missing weapons and jets. Too many things have been axed from the game, too many corners cut to get things out at an arbitrarily chosen date.

Mind you, there might be good reasons for that date, and I have a suspicion that it has something to do with business and finances. It might be they want to have it out before BF4 and CODGhost and the console wars. That sounds reasonable, but it isn't doing anybody a service. It is bad for the game, bad for the gamers, bad for the reviews. It essentially repeats the release of all Arma games.

If you look at the list of release content, you will have to admit it is rather slim. Now, you may argue that BIS has always been great with after-launch support, but there are two issues with that: 1) After-Launch support is optional, and depends on the possibilities of the company. It might not be possible for them to add stuff essentially for free after the launch. 2) ACR DLC is a prime example for bad after-launch support, After one year it is out, there is still no patch for a number of glaring issues with a DLC that was of rather poor quality to begin with.

I like BIS. I like the Arma franchise. I would say I am rabid about the game. Which is WHY I am so disappointed with a number of things. Which is WHY I complain about it instead of just shrugging it off and say "There's Battlefield 4 anyway". You may be content with what you are getting, and geez, I can't wait to get my hands on Altis for sure. But I am critical about people telling me an obvious shortcoming (campaign is cut) is a bonus. I am critical about being told that it is a good thing that the campaign gets polished when it should have been polished a year ago. I am *very* happy with the recent developments, especially when it comes to things like performance (which has improved), AI (which has improved), weight (which is getting much more realistic), and I like what RiE was reporting earlier. I do think we're getting there, and yes, that is a good thing. But please, PLEASE don't tell me everything is unicorns and butterflies when there are obvious flaws left in the game. Apart from sitting bad with reviewers and new customers, they will sit bad with old timers as well.

It must be possible for people to voice their criticism without being called whiners, wanting "moar moar moar", or their opinion being called a "butthurt".

Normally, I wouldn't even bother to reply to something that calls my opinion "butthurt", but here you go.

The point is not (at least for me) that there is a delay. I am fine with that, and for what it is worth, they could have taken all the time they needed to fix all that is wrong in the game. I'm happy for getting Altis, for sure. But it also isn't one week. It's four weeks for the first part, to be followed by two more parts. Given the fact that you might play a total of, say, 15 hours on the campaign, that means three chunks of five hours per month. Not the greatest prospect.

But as I said, that's not the point.

The problem is the state of the game. The fact that the campaign is cut from the final release indicates that the game isn't really in a state to be released. That's already painfully obvious in the way the AI handles (numerous video proof exist). As it is now, we're missing rain; we're missing briefing loadout. We're missing weapons and jets. Too many things have been axed from the game, too many corners cut to get things out at an arbitrarily chosen date.

Mind you, there might be good reasons for that date, and I have a suspicion that it has something to do with business and finances. It might be they want to have it out before BF4 and CODGhost and the console wars. That sounds reasonable, but it isn't doing anybody a service. It is bad for the game, bad for the gamers, bad for the reviews. It essentially repeats the release of all Arma games.

If you look at the list of release content, you will have to admit it is rather slim. Now, you may argue that BIS has always been great with after-launch support, but there are two issues with that: 1) After-Launch support is optional, and depends on the possibilities of the company. It might not be possible for them to add stuff essentially for free after the launch. 2) ACR DLC is a prime example for bad after-launch support, After one year it is out, there is still no patch for a number of glaring issues with a DLC that was of rather poor quality to begin with.

I like BIS. I like the Arma franchise. I would say I am rabid about the game. Which is WHY I am so disappointed with a number of things. Which is WHY I complain about it instead of just shrugging it off and say "There's Battlefield 4 anyway". You may be content with what you are getting, and geez, I can't wait to get my hands on Altis for sure. But I am critical about people telling me an obvious shortcoming (campaign is cut) is a bonus. I am critical about being told that it is a good thing that the campaign gets polished when it should have been polished a year ago. I am *very* happy with the recent developments, especially when it comes to things like performance (which has improved), AI (which has improved), weight (which is getting much more realistic), and I like what RiE was reporting earlier. I do think we're getting there, and yes, that is a good thing. But please, PLEASE don't tell me everything is unicorns and butterflies when there are obvious flaws left in the game. Apart from sitting bad with reviewers and new customers, they will sit bad with old timers as well.

It must be possible for people to voice their criticism without being called whiners, wanting "moar moar moar", or their opinion being called a "butthurt".

Now this, sums up practically everything I've wanted to say.

Good job.

:ok: That is exactly the way i feel about it

Now this, sums up practically everything I've wanted to say.

Good job.

Yep same here.

....My view too (minus the performance as the Beta introduced stuttering for me but hey that's another story...)

I don't visit many game forums and but one word that always comes to mind with the BIS community is "passion" and I don't think that's a negative.

Thank you much BI!

ArmA 3 is already 100x better than ArmA 2...you guys have really stepped up your game on this one!

Just keep rolling out the DLC's (content) and I'll be happy ;)

Arma 3 looks and plays really well, thank you BIS.

I know the requests people are making will come later down the road so people keep the faith!

The release of the Beta has been the best move ever. I slowly got into using mods, setting up voice recognition & track ir, bit by bit setting the game up and stretching as much as I can out of what we have so far.

Thank you for the epic Beta.