Sign in to follow this  
KingBeast

Internet luvvin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 29 2002,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol, Didn't you notice the "biggrin.gif"? That was kind of the point wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I thought it was intentional, but it wasn't obvious enough. wink.gif

[arcane Simpsons humour]

I am so smart.

I am so smart.

S. M. R. T., ....... I mean S. M. A. R. T.

[/arcane Simpsons humour]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 28 2002,07:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow, that quote of mine is really spreading  wow.gif

Excellent, since I like it. smile.gif

If you want, I can produce more words of wisedom biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmz, why don't i believe that you ever posted that "quote"?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 28 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 29 2002,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol, Didn't you notice the "biggrin.gif"? That was kind of the point wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I thought it was intentional, but it wasn't obvious enough. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Watch out with the mods their smillies, you need to have some experience to realize if it's one of those: I'm gonna ban you smillies or a j/k smillie...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 29 2002,15:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Watch out with the mods their smillies, you need to have some experience to realize if it's one of those: I'm gonna ban you smillies or a j/k smillie...<span id='postcolor'>

To paraphrase Armourdave (former mod):

He said 3 lines, then smiled so either he was insulting me or asking me for man love. Either way It did not please me. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 28 2002,16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 29 2002,15:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Watch out with the mods their smillies, you need to have some experience to realize if it's one of those: I'm gonna ban you smillies or a j/k smillie...<span id='postcolor'>

To paraphrase Armourdave (former mod):

He said 3 lines, then smiled so either he was insulting me or asking me for man love. Either way It did not please me. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What kinda smillie is that?

AAAAAAAAARGH THIS IS CONFUSING ME!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 28 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 29 2002,09wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want, I can produce more words of wisedom <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, start by spelling 'wisdom' the right way.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, Didn't you notice the "biggrin.gif"? That was kind of the point wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah right Denoir, GREAT EXCUSE!

At least admit it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ Aug. 08 2002,07:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No.1 reason I NEVER e-date or do the cyberthingy, is that I'm TOTALLY PARANOID. I always imagine that whoever say they're a girl on the web, are really an old greasy man with twisted perverse thoughts. Girls do NOT use the web. Only for reading about fashion. They're ALL old disgusting geezers! Aaaaaargh!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's actually not the case but that's a pretty hard paranoid thought to shake. My least favorite paranoid thought came from a Stephen King story, one where a strange freakish pinky finger would poke up out of this guy's toilet. He had no idea where it came from only that it must be really really really long! He became unable to use a toilet through fear that the thing could poke up at any time.

Try not thinking of that when you're on the bog! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 28 2002,15:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another story, not a friend of mine, something I read in a newsaper, guy in England meets an American woman on the net, they fall in love, exchange pics, he gets over there, not only is the pic of her like 20 years out of date, but her bosses corpse was sitting in her freezer smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe he got there early and she didn't have time to finish cooking. You shouldn't be so judgemental.

smile.gif

Man,What's wrong with american woman.Looking for luvin on the net...I can understand it if a guy lived maybe a state over or something,But a country ?

What with you foreign people always trying get american chicks ? I know they are all hot and stuff,but stop stealing unless you send 2 or more chicks over here. smile.gif Canada dollar is like 50 cents,so they have to send two chicks over.What's the euro to the dollar ? Is it like 90 cents ? Well you guys can send a chick and a midget. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Aug. 08 2002,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bosun, I know what you mean about that 10 second thing.

Like when you start talking to a girl.  You can immediately feel if you are interested or not.  This is because you can really immediately feel someone out when you are talking to them.<span id='postcolor'>

You "feeling someone out" is your body checking whether your MHC-typing is dissimiliar from the person you're talking to.

Wedekind C, Füri S (1997) "Body odour preferences in men and women: Do they aim for specific MHC combinations or simply heterozygosity?" Proc R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 264:1471-9

Abstract

The major histocompatibility complex (MHC) is an immunologically important group of genes that appears to be under natural as well as sexual selection. Several hypotheses suggest that certain MHC-allele combinations (usually heterozygous ones) are superior under selective pressure by pathogens. This could influence mate choice in a way that preferences function to create MHC-heterozygous offspring, or that they function to create specific allele combinations that are beneficial under the current environmental conditions through their complementary or epistatic effects. To test these hypotheses, we asked 121 men and women to score the odours of six T-shirts, worn by two women and four men. Their scorings of pleasantness correlated negatively with the degree of MHC similarity between smeller and T-shirt-wearer in men and women who were not using the contraceptive pill (but not in Pill-users). Depending on the T-shirt-wearer, the amount of variance in the scorings of odour pleasantness that was explained by the degree of MHC similarity (r2) varied between nearly 0 and 23%. There was no apparent effect of gender in this correlation: the highest r2 was actually reached with one of the male odours sniffed by male smellers. Men and women who were reminded of their own mate/ex-mate when sniffing a T-shirt had significantly fewer MHC-alleles in common with this T-shirt-wearer than expected by chance. This suggests that the MHC or linked genes influence human mate choice. We found no significant effect when we tested for an influence of the MHC on odour preferences after the degree of similarity between T-shirt-wearer and smeller was statistically controlled for. This suggests that in our study populations the MHC influences body odour preferences mainly, if not exclusively, by the degree of similarity or dissimilarity. The observed preferences would increase heterozygosity in the progeny. They do not seem to aim for more specific MHC combinations.

So in brief, the more your MHC-type differs from that of the other person, the more you like them after the magical ten seconds. This kind of thing only affects the "crush" phase of relationships, however.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Sep. 30 2002,05:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What with you foreign people always trying get american chicks ?<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps it's the other way around, that's what I discovered when it happened to me smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Sep. 30 2002,07:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You "feeling someone out" is your body checking whether your MHC-typing is dissimiliar from the person you're talking to.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes first thing I like to do when I meet a girl is to lick her armpit to see if we're compatible, strangely I've not been compatible with any yet confused.gifbiggrin.gif

I kinda find MIRC the most dangerous proggy around tounge.gif

I uninstalled it being a real danger for married people.

I ve been chatting for about 6-8 months and saw 10+ people break up with their partners.

Strangely enough, all the people that met eachother don t chat anymore since they know the dangers.

I ve had fun that time and had some wild sessions, but in my opinion it s very dangerous if you re already "taken".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 30 2002,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes first thing I like to do when I meet a girl is to lick her armpit to see if we're compatible, strangely I've not been compatible with any yet  confused.gif   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which is not what you have to do, since you can instinctively pick up the "funk" from a normal conversational distance. You're not aware of it, but it affects your decision making.

You can do this soon from a safe distance when i market my USB Smelling device as soon as it s done. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 29 2002,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Gee that's where I've been going wrong  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Goooooo Placebo!!!!

smile.gif (now you have the wonder what kinda smillie this is)

I'd never do anything like Internet Luvvvvvin'.

It's pretty dumb if you ask me, just a bunch of pathetic ppl trying to get some attention. If you want a nice girl, go out and have some fun!

I hate mIRC, i only use msn or icq, 90% of the ppl on my list are ppl that i know in real life, the others are just ppl i really like.

On MSN you know who you are talking to, ppl i know in real life, or ppl that are great to talk with...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 30 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd never do anything like Internet Luvvvvvin'.

It's pretty dumb if you ask me, just a bunch of pathetic ppl trying to get some attention.<span id='postcolor'>

You see there's the misconception, what you're assuming is people decide they want to look for love on the internet, sure some do set out to do that, but most that I know, myself for example and Wingy, it was nothing like that.

For me I used to hang out in a chat site, made a lot of friends in there, both male and female, just regular chatting, hanging out, having a laugh, just like if you hang out with a bunch of friends in the local bar or whatever. So there you are, hanging out in a fun place, chatting with your friends whenever you're bored or want to have a laugh or whatever, then one day you find that this person who you was friends with, you think about them more, you find yourself thinking about them when you're not online, when you do go online you hope they're in the chatsite too, if you've exchanged pics you find yourself thinking about her pic a lot, basically you find yourself having feelings for someone the same way as you would if say it was some chick who hangs out in your local diner, the main difference and the thing that makes it in a way more special is that because you started out being friends in a chat site you tend to know them more as a person first so it's beneficial to the relationship smile.gif

Meeting someone in a chat site is just the 21st century way of meeting people, whether you meet someone in your local park, local bar, local chat site, icq or whatever it's all the same, saying people are sad or pathetic for something you haven't experienced yourself is simply prejudicial smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 29 2002,18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 30 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd never do anything like Internet Luvvvvvin'.

It's pretty dumb if you ask me, just a bunch of pathetic ppl trying to get some attention.<span id='postcolor'>

You see there's the misconception, what you're assuming is people decide they want to look for love on the internet, sure some do set out to do that, but most that I know, myself for example and Wingy, it was nothing like that.

For me I used to hang out in a chat site, made a lot of friends in there, both male and female, just regular chatting, hanging out, having a laugh, just like if you hang out with a bunch of friends in the local bar or whatever. So there you are, hanging out in a fun place, chatting with your friends whenever you're bored or want to have a laugh or whatever, then one day you find that this person who you was friends with, you think about them more, you find yourself thinking about them when you're not online, when you do go online you hope they're in the chatsite too, if you've exchanged pics you find yourself thinking about her pic a lot, basically you find yourself having feelings for someone the same way as you would if say it was some chick who hangs out in your local diner, the main difference and the thing that makes it in a way more special is that because you started out being friends in a chat site you tend to know them more as a person first so it's beneficial to the relationship smile.gif

Meeting someone in a chat site is just the 21st century way of meeting people, whether you meet someone in your local park, local bar, local chat site, icq or whatever it's all the same, saying people are sad or pathetic for something you haven't experienced yourself is simply prejudicial smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmz, i can't understand how you can have special feelings for someone you don't even know in real life. 'Course i had similiar feelings but that was just cuz that person was sooo damn funny or so much fun to talk to. Never more than that...

Chatting the meeting of the 21st century? Come on man, you gotta be kidding?!

Perhaps this might be true for you but not for me, you never know who you are talking to when you're chatting to someone, when you meet someone at least you have a pretty good view of what that person is like.

Now i don't even know what prejudicial means, and i'm not gonna look it up cuz i'm a lazy bastard!

Ppl that i meet on the net aren't really my friends, 'course some of them are great to talk with but i'll never consider them as a real friend, to me there's a huge difference between a friend and someone that you like.

Perhaps that's why i don't understand stuff like this...

Darklight, the whole trust thing is exactly the same with someone you meet in rea life. They seem nice but how do you know they arent spouting a continuous stram of lies? Same risks in real life and prescent when meeting people on the internet and vice versa.

Difference o nthe internet is you or the one you are talking to arent normally putting up a facade to impress, and that means you can talk to the person and not to the front.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Sep. 29 2002,19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Darklight, the whole trust thing is exactly the same with someone you meet in rea life. They seem nice but how do you know they arent spouting a continuous stram of lies? Same risks in real life and prescent when meeting people on the internet and vice versa.

Difference o nthe internet is you or the one you are talking to arent normally putting up a facade to impress, and that means you can talk to the person and not to the front.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought someone would post a message like this biggrin.gif

Basically you don't know anything at all from a person that you meet on the net f.e. Is it a guy? A woman? Is he/she really what you think?

When you meet someone in real life you have a better idea of what that person is, 'course they can tell you crap too but most of the ppl that i meet are friends of friends. So basically when those strangers start telling crap then i'll know it pretty fast.

There'll probable be someone that says, what if that stranger has told crap to your friend, he believes it, so you believe it too. Well i don't believe everything everyone tells me, if you want to convince me of something, give me some clear evidence... Exactly why i'm not religious but that's not important now...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Difference o nthe internet is you or the one you are talking to arent normally putting up a facade to impress<span id='postcolor'>

Notice the "normally" biggrin.gif

The way to tell if someone is a guy or girl is obviously to look at their webcam biggrin.gif And if they dont have one, then talk to them on the phone! Internet is jsut a place to meet people, just like a bar is a place to meet people. Jsut because you meet someone in a bar, doesnt mean you will continue your relationship with them only in the bar.

I don't know why people would intentionally look for love or a partner on the net. My suggestion, take some friends (if you have any) and go to a popular bar, or something like that. You would be surprised at how many people you can start a conversation with, or how many people start them with you. Besides, talking with a person in real life is much better than reading text on a monitor.

When it comes to building social skills (and real friends), the P.C. simply won't cut it.

Tyler

Isn't it nice when people reply without even bothering to read what you've written smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isn't it nice when people reply without even bothering to read what you've written <span id='postcolor'>

I saw what you wrote, I just disagreed with you. smile.gif