Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Brilliant idea about scopes.Not new,but pretty fine.

Finally you can't use both NV and optic.

Wow,totally disagree with you on the sway as that made me the weapon feel of A3 off for me.Arma3 3D scopes have the scope swaying around on the screen but in real life the body sways while the scope stays pretty centered to the eye looking thru it.Then the dirty view making certain light conditions horrible to shoot in,shrunken reticule making using the reticule almost like a spray and pray and the lessened zoom all lead me to start using the SOS sniper scope everywhere.

New scopes are magical to me now.:yay::yay:

Yeah, that's awful.

I m already using this mod and i keep an open mind for constructive ideas.

I m eager to try the alternative system with scopes (until an official final solution can be found) but..one thing bothers me.

I m already using a few AI mods that make enemy AI a *real threat.

So..enemy AI with state-of-the-art gear will be affected from the inability to use games scopes with NVG..or i will be a sitting/blind duck..while the enemy AI

can spot me from a mile? :/

Ok, I guess this has been asked already, but could you move the resting icon from the right center of the screen to the left center? Because right now it is exactly on the weapon, and with black/gray weapons it is close to invisible... :D

Also, the PCML AT doesn't do the top down attack... Am I doing something wrong here?

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Would be nice if we could change the Bipod keys.

I would rather have traditional ACE Shift+Space instead of tab.

Edit: Nevermind, i saw that it's gonna be in version 0.4

Edited by SlamDuck

Ok, I guess this has been asked already, but could you move the resting icon from the right center of the screen to the left center? Because right now it is exactly on the weapon, and with black/gray weapons it is close to invisible... :D

Please do make the icon more visible. Also thanks for a fantastic mod.

The PCML AT top attack is working just fine for me here. (I am using the dev build. Orange...?)

As I mentioned, I will look into improving the visibility of the icon. But I really do want it to be a subtle thing that you can't see if you're not looking for it, ideally. The system should work so comfortably that you know when your weapon is rested -- you don't need to look at the icon. That's the idea, at least...

The PCML AT top attack is working just fine for me here. (I am using the dev build. Orange...?)

As I mentioned, I will look into improving the visibility of the icon. But I really do want it to be a subtle thing that you can't see if you're not looking for it, ideally. The system should work so comfortably that you know when your weapon is rested -- you don't need to look at the icon. That's the idea, at least...

I'm on the Dev build too...

Maybe it's just me expecting the wrong behaviour: should the angle be particularly steep (like this)? Because I did some testing, and it looks like the AT does make a slightly angled path, although it's hardly more curved than the normal path. I can make a video if you want.

Yay!

Maybe it's just me expecting the wrong behaviour: should the angle be particularly steep (like this)?

No. NLAW/PCML does something called "overfly top attack" where it flies level to the ground, but at an altitude of a few meters (high enough to fly over vehicles), then when it detects that it is flying over a target (using a laser and magnetic fuse to detect when it passes over a vehicle) it fires a shaped charge downwards into the top of the vehicle, perpendicular to the path of the missile.

It's not like Javelin which dives onto the target and strikes it directly during the terminal phase, because NLAW doesn't actually lock on to a target at all, and no ranging data is used to generate its guided flightpath.

Edited by da12thMonkey

No. NLAW/PCML does something called "overfly top attack" where it flies level to the ground, but at an altitude of a few meters (high enough to fly over vehicles), then when it detects that it is flying over a target (using a laser and magnetic fuse to detect when it passes over a vehicle) it fires a shaped charge downwards into the top of the vehicle, perpendicular to the path of the missile.

It's not like Javelin which dives onto the target and strikes it directly during the terminal phase, because NLAW doesn't actually lock on to a target at all, and no ranging data is used to generate its guided flightpath.

Oh thanks for the explanation, then I guess the Mod is working fine!

Yay!

Great mod. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. :)

I haven't had the time to test latest versions, but noticed in the latest ARMA build that new sway has been added to prone aim. The one Im referring to is the sway that move slowly back and forth all over the landscape. I hope BIS plans to remove that to all weapons with bipod since its far from realistic (nice touch with the vibrations in optics now and then though).

But, to the question. Can you or have you been able to remove that slow moving sway when bipods used? If you have then disregard, if not then might be something to look into - if possible.

Wow,totally disagree with you on the sway as that made me the weapon feel of A3 off for me.Arma3 3D scopes have the scope swaying around on the screen but in real life the body sways while the scope stays pretty centered to the eye looking thru it.Then the dirty view making certain light conditions horrible to shoot in,shrunken reticule making using the reticule almost like a spray and pray and the lessened zoom all lead me to start using the SOS sniper scope everywhere.

New scopes are magical to me now.:yay::yay:

See, I know what you're saying but the way the gun moves around the screen, to me, is like a visual representation of the way sway feels (I sho-

HOLY SHIT DEV BRANCH UPDATE. PAUSE EVERYTHING.

I REPEAT, ALTIS IS STAGING. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Instead of playing around on Altis like I ought to, I've redone the 5.56 ballistics to match M855 62gr out of a 16" barrel (typical for F2000 used by the Green Army) and done up the Valdada Pitbull reticle to match.

I couldn't find an actual reticle diagram for the Valdada (i.e. this is 1 mil high, this is 0.5 mil wide, blah blah) but I found a real reticle photo which I used as a reference.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/pitbull.png (1998 kB)

Instead of playing around on Altis like I ought to, I've redone the 5.56 ballistics to match M855 62gr out of a 16" barrel (typical for F2000 used by the Green Army) and done up the Valdada Pitbull reticle to match.

I couldn't find an actual reticle diagram for the Valdada (i.e. this is 1 mil high, this is 0.5 mil wide, blah blah) but I found a real reticle photo which I used as a reference.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/pitbull.png (1998 kB)

Nice but that reticle is older type - Latest gen looks like this > http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii183/Singlestack_Wonder/NewPitbullReticle.jpg

yes on pic it is Illuminated - normally it is black

Tao - well Zafir new name is GMPG,well disagree there.

IMO GMPG is an MG,that used in both in LMG role and in Vehicles.Also exist LMGs with heavy caliber like M60 on Negev NG7(Well Zafir is Negev NG7 :) )

In this case - MK200 is an GMPG,not Zafir.

Also not even sure about LMG/GMPG roles - 6.5 are well powerful caliber and have small recoil,but they're used in very light weapons(KAC LMG like is 4kg only empty,MX SW will be same or even lighter,Zafir is around 6kg).

Edited by samogon

Nice but that reticle is older type - Latest gen looks like this > http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii183/Singlestack_Wonder/NewPitbullReticle.jpg

yes on pic it is Illuminated - normally it is black

Oh, thanks so much. I will redo the reticle to be correct. This is a better reticle, anyway.

I'm going to try to edit the textures on the 1x mode of the MRCO model so that they will match the reticle, as well. Not sure what success I'll have though.

Tao - well Zafir new name is GMPG,well disagree there.

IMO GMPG is an MG,that used in both in LMG role and in Vehicles.Also exist LMGs with heavy caliber like M60 on Negev NG7(Well Zafir is Negev NG7 :) )

In this case - MK200 is an GMPG,not Zafir.

Also not even sure about LMG/GMPG roles - 6.5 are well powerful caliber and have small recoil,but they're used in very light weapons(KAC LMG like is 4kg only empty,MX SW will be same or even lighter,Zafir is around 6kg).

I've typically seen the distinction between LMG, GPMG, and HMG drawn based on caliber. In current usage, the 5.56x45mm SAW is an LMG, the 7.62x51mm M240 is a GPMG, and the .50cal M2 is an HMG. Similarly the 5.45 RPK-74 is an LMG, the PKM in 7.62x54r is a GPMG, and the Kord in 12.7 is an HMG.

6.5x39mm is closer to 5.56 in controllability and recoil than it is the 7.62, even though it is still a powerful long range cartridge. It's typically thought of as an intermediate cartridge: http://world.guns.ru/ammunition/intermediate-cartridges-e.html

So in the Arma 3 universe where 6.5x39mm has become the standard intermediate cartridge for NATO forces (presumably? Maybe we are playing as high speed operators and the TRG-21 [Tavor] is meant to be the real general issue rifle?), I think it replaces 5.56, rather than 7.62. So the Mk200/KAC LMG firing 6.5x39 is still an LMG, whereas the Zafir/Negev NG7 in 7.62x51 is a GPMG.

In my opinion the MX SW fits the role of LSW (like the L86 LSW) or IAR (like the M27 IAR). So although they're technically LMGs, I prefer the LSW or SW designation.

You mod is Awesome...it gives us something that has been lacking in A3.

Serious testing is on the way.

Cheers

I've typically seen the distinction between LMG, GPMG, and HMG drawn based on caliber. In current usage, the 5.56x45mm SAW is an LMG, the 7.62x51mm M240 is a GPMG, and the .50cal M2 is an HMG. Similarly the 5.45 RPK-74 is an LMG, the PKM in 7.62x54r is a GPMG, and the Kord in 12.7 is an HMG.

6.5x39mm is closer to 5.56 in controllability and recoil than it is the 7.62, even though it is still a powerful long range cartridge. It's typically thought of as an intermediate cartridge: http://world.guns.ru/ammunition/intermediate-cartridges-e.html

So in the Arma 3 universe where 6.5x39mm has become the standard intermediate cartridge for NATO forces (presumably? Maybe we are playing as high speed operators and the TRG-21 [Tavor] is meant to be the real general issue rifle?), I think it replaces 5.56, rather than 7.62. So the Mk200/KAC LMG firing 6.5x39 is still an LMG, whereas the Zafir/Negev NG7 in 7.62x51 is a GPMG.

In my opinion the MX SW fits the role of LSW (like the L86 LSW) or IAR (like the M27 IAR). So although they're technically LMGs, I prefer the LSW or SW designation.

Well,that's right,but looks like Zafir is LMG.They're not purposed for usage on vehilces.Also another example in an FN Minimi - there is 2 variants 5.56,current in US Forces service and 7.62,both are LMGs.There is also some counties would change 5.56 to 7.62,yet heard about United Kindom and New Zeland.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/02/10/new-zealand-switches-from-5-56mm-to-7-62mm-fn-herstal-minimi-light-machine-gun/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/05/29/uk-nz-adopting-fn-minimi-7-62mm/

Well,this reasonable.Yes 7.62 much heavier,but in such countries like Afghaninstan 5.56 became useless.

Another way - make current GMPG lighter,like M240B->M240E6 or PK->PKM.But they're will be also GMPG,because they may be used as LMG,with tripod or mounted on vehicle.Thats the point.

Also agree about LSW.Well there is no diversity in MG classes,and that sad. :(

One thing I noticed today, while messing with the UAVs: the rest icon tends to appear while using the UAV cameras (either while directly controlling them or simply using a turret).

Yay!

Oh, I think I understand what you mean about the LMG/GPMG distinction as it relates to vehicle usage now. Indeed, the Zafir is not a GPMG as it stands right now. I'll sort that. What vehicles mount the Mk200? Is that what the RCWS on the IFVs claims to fire? (I really don't feel like the Mk200/KAC LMG would ever be purposed as a GPMG or that it would ever be mounted on vehicles, with its like 12" barrel...)

Also, fixed the Pitbull reticle to be Gen2. Here's a look at the night-time illuminated reticle.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/pitbull2.png (822 kB)

Well,looks likes GMPGs age is gone.What sense from crew served FN MAG,if light KAC LMG 3x times lighter,and you can carry even more ammo,but power of such ammo is almost same as 7.62.Zafir here looks like outdated(for 2030 year) LMG,produced in China(Field Manual info).

And yes,I was talking about Marshal and Kamysh mouthed MK200.Well I agree,this actually doesn't looks like GMPG,but in real life I heard about mount LMGs into the vehicles.German PUMA for example,they uses modern 5.56 MG4(MG3 Outdated,new 7.62 MG yet not created,looks like as placeholder).

I hope GMPG will be replaced with diffirent kind of weapon on the future.

1 variant - MG like LWMMG.Weight is same,but bullets(.338 Norma Magnum) even heavier in Weight thats even 7.62.Power looks like is same almost as 7.62,but you can use it up to 1.600 meters.

2 variant - replace it with weapon like XM25.

Here is a TEST, not final, release of 0.3. Please try it out and report back. I wanted to get this to people ASAP, but haven't had time to check every corner case.

Documentation of reticles/mil guide and ballistics information for use in ballistics software will be included in 1.0.

Changelog:

- Added: tmr_optics - New animated, calibrated 2D reticles for HAMR (RCO), ARCO, and MRCO. Based closely on real reticles for these optics.

- Added: tmr_ballistics - Accurate ballistics and dispersion. Currently implemented for 6.5x39mm (120gr OTM) and 5.56x45mm (M855).

- Added: tmr_autorest - New item "TMR_acc_bipod" can be equipped on any rifle to allow bipod use. No visible graphics due to engine limitations.

- Changed: tmr_autorest - Sway and recoil while deployed reduced slightly from 0.2.

- Enhanced from Default: tmr_aimsway - Binoculars are no longer wildly uncontrollable.

- Enhanced from Default: tmr_optics - Correct reticle for 1x MRCO (IOR Valdada Pitbull 1/4x)

- Enhanced from Default: tmr_optics - Red dot color for ARCO RDS.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/@tmr-0.3test2.zip

Edited by Taosenai
Test2