Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Discussion on "Axed" Features

And carrying 200 kgs is realistic? And running forever is realistic? But the moment those are under attack you & co jump in and start protesting about how "it's a game".

And yeah - instead of not overloading yourself with a ton of stuff or taking a break after prolonged running the cries were to cut out the last effect of fatigue. Because yes - casual demographics cannot deal with challenges or different genres of shooters. Why?

Weight should increase fatigue, but that doesn't mean BIS should put annoying blur effects! Does the soldier go blind from running?

• Improved micro AI and path finding
  • Improved water simulation (visually as well as physically)
  • Blending from animations to rag doll

These are some of the most important to me and including a billed new sound engine were the main reason I bought A3, both improved path finding and blending have yet to make an appearance in ArmA3 and water appears life less to my reckoning,

Does anyone know if these were scrapped?

Animations leading into and out of ragdoll are essential or we end up with only what we have now.

It's just making shit less clunky. In real life you're trained to lower your big huge MG so you're not banging it into everything.

It's hardly casualising, the game is, at its core, still an arma game no matter how much people will disagree.

Adding autolowering = "making shit less clunky".

Cutting out weapon collision making weapons like sniper rifles and heavy MGs work perfectly inside tight corridors = "casualising".

Last time I've checked soldiers do not use sniper rifles and meter long heavy MGs to clear buildings. Guess why?

Maybe for the same reason carbines become more and more common in the first place?

at its core, still an arma game no matter how much people will disagree.

ArmA was a game about soldiers shooting other soldiers with real weapons in a believable fashion.

What we have now is a game about medkit swallowing superhumans with built-in GPS running around with multiple guns and launchers blowing tanks and choppers up all on their own while disregarding basic laws of physics.

Edited by metalcraze

Does anyone know if these were scrapped?

Water, especially the physical aspect is greatly, greatly improved due to PhysX. There are new underwater shaders as well as real waves interacting with the objects. Ships behave much more natural and floating objects bounce and rotate correctly :)

The blending from Ragdoll to animations is also present (blending into ragdoll from any given animation state and blending out of unconsciousness)

While there's an addon for that, it seems to simply automatically cause the "raise"/"lower" animations when the weapon/character are at the appropriate proximity to objects... which isn't nearly as fluid as what's possible (I'm not talking about how fast, I'm talking about how fluid). Then again, two things:

#1: I've been noticing weapon collision indoors even with assault rifles (and rarely pistols) when attempting to pass through opened doorways or when dealing with towards-my-character-opening doors.

#2: I don't remember a dev ever promising autolowering to begin with.

The blending from Ragdoll to animations is also present (blending into ragdoll from any given animation state and blending out of unconsciousness)

Thanks for the info about the water, haven seen much of it in game as playing mostly land missions must make the effort to try the water more.

With regards to the blending, I don't see any of that at all. All I see is bobbing up and down at the point of wounding and instant ragdoll when dying.

ArmA was a game about soldiers shooting other soldiers with real weapons in a believable fashion.

What we have now is a game about medkit swallowing superhumans with built-in GPS running around with multiple guns and launchers blowing tanks and choppers up all on their own while disregarding basic laws of physics.

Thanks, you've just described 99% of Wasteland (#wasteoftimeLand) players. Couldn't have said it better.

A3 no longer has proper weapon handling simulation. Even STALKER series games are more realistic in terms of gun-play, actor's movement, fatigue, weight limits etc.

But, who cares? Let's play Wastelandia and smile, smile, smile!

Maybe its time for a wasteland standalone so we can not have any features dumbed down any.?

I got to admit, the amount of people who take snipers in domi is stupid. I do think weapon clipping should come back in order to make cqb harder with bigger weapons, and of course it would help with PVP.

I miss the medic system from A2, hopefully ACE will bring theirs over.

Orange revolution back to the thread with pointless manifests.

The truth is sounded many times. This can distract someone from work and engage in debate. But this is a bad strategy to improve the game.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. had only the good atmosphere and nothing more. He is don't even have IK in animations.

This is nonsense. Wooden soldiers, sticks instead of guns, a lot of bugs ... etc.. That's what should be compared with vanilla ArmA3. After release. And then Arma will continue to grow with a stable functional. And that so difficult to understand? Even now ArmA 3 looks more stable and polished than predecessor.

This is nonsense. Wooden soldiers, sticks instead of guns, a lot of bugs ... etc.. That's what should be compared with vanilla ArmA3. After release. And then Arma will continue to grow with a stable functional. And that so difficult to understand? Even now ArmA 3 looks more stable and polished than predecessor.

Still better then "What we have now is a game about medkit swallowing superhumans with built-in GPS running around with multiple guns and launchers blowing tanks and choppers up all on their own while disregarding basic laws of physics."

Fully agree with Metalcraze.

-Ghost-TF

What better?

This is not are huge concept problem. This tweak can be done even by modders. Those people working with the foundation, but someone is constantly talking about wallfinish and carpets.

Dan;2440003']

I got to admit' date=' the amount of people who take snipers in domi is stupid. I do think weapon clipping should come back in order to make cqb harder with bigger weapons, and of course it would help with PVP.

[/quote']

thats nonesense, so you suggest to axe sniper rifles or what? This is depending all on mission makers, should simply limit sniper class. This has nothing to do with BIS and axed features...

So basically sniper rifles having no recoil and being viable as a CQB weapon = mission maker's fault?

Great logic there.

The only way to "limit" that is not to include them into a mission in the first place.

So basically sniper rifles having no recoil and being viable as a CQB weapon = mission maker's fault?

Great logic there.

The only way to "limit" that is not to include them into a mission in the first place.

lol wtf are you even talking about? Do you read everyones posts, with like 1 second flyby or what?

Enough time to notice the part about "I do think weapon clipping should come back in order to make cqb harder with bigger weapons"

You should try rereading his post bro. Especially the part about "I do think weapon clipping should come back in order to make cqb harder with bigger weapons"

i was reffering to his "amount of snipers on server is stupid." Thats a great logic.

i was reffering to his "amount of snipers on server is stupid." Thats a great logic.

Yeah maybe people take sniper rifles because they are such a universal weapon that has no real downsides to it? Which is what I gather from reading the, you know, whole post, not taking half of it out of context.

So you will limit the amount of sniper rifles and voila the only effect is that one or two guys will now own the whole server with unrealistically overpowered weapons instead of 20 - with the latter being a lot more fair at least.

Yeah maybe people take sniper rifles because they are such a universal weapon that has no real downsides to it? Which is what I gather from reading the, you know, whole post, not taking half of it out of context.

or maybe, bcause mission makers allow opfor and bluefor, wear each uniform, take each weapons, and yeah, no limit of weapon class allowed in a team?

-Ghost-TF

What better?

This is not are huge concept problem. This tweak can be done even by modders. Those people working with the foundation, but someone is constantly talking about wallfinish and carpets.

lmao, not huge concept problem. This is what ruins the game for ALOT of people, to a point that they dont feel like playing arma 3 at all. But meh we can keep the game in this messed up state, because people like you think this is a good foundation and modders are responsible for unruining the game.

or maybe, bcause mission makers allow opfor and bluefor, wear each uniform, take each weapons, and yeah, no limit of weapon class allowed in a team?

You are missing the point. Atm sniper rifles (and other weapons) are unrealistic and even broken IMO (no wind simulation, no difference between sniper or SMG is CQB), these issues need to be fixed, instead of letting the mission maker fix his mission because the weapon handling is fucked up.

Edited by -Ghost-TF

-Ghost-TF

Im not playing A3. No one play. Stop crying about something that you still don't know. The problem inside people who can't see beyond the nose. The time of 'surfacethings' discussion is not yet come. This was repeatedly reported here.

These ideas and mistakes are marked on the forum and tracker. This is all you can do.

What would limits change? Less sniper rifles? Well gee that will totally help. You will have 1 guy doing all the killing instead of 10 - except he won't have to share kills with the remaining 9 since he will be the sole holder of the unrealistically overpowered weapon.

A .50 cal sniper rifle has no recoil, no weight, no collision allowing it to just clip through walls, windage doesn't affect its bullets. Nothing wrong with that? Maybe that's why people take them and not because there are no limits?

Adding autolowering = "making shit less clunky".

Cutting out weapon collision making weapons like sniper rifles and heavy MGs work perfectly inside tight corridors = "casualising".

Last time I've checked soldiers do not use sniper rifles and meter long heavy MGs to clear buildings. Guess why?

Maybe for the same reason carbines become more and more common in the first place?

The MG's in Arma are about the same size as the assault rifles, they are not the meter long M240's and M60's and PKM's of yesteryear.

Arma is still a game about soldiers shooting other soldier with real weapons in a believable fashion.

Go look up the 'future soldier' project. These "built-in GPS'" you're complaining about have existed for almost 30 years. Soldiers carry rifles alongside AT & AA launchers in real life. Disregarding basic laws of physics? Since when has arma obeyed the laws of physics? Even going back to OFP? If anything, with PHYSX, Arma 3 obeys the laws of physics more so than any other previous arma title.

Go ahead, bring up another point about how unrealistic and casualised Arma 3 has become, I can guarantee a counterargument. The gameplay is almost identical to the last 3 games, just with far more fluid infantry controls, which the series has sorely needed since 2001.

What would limits change? Less sniper rifles? Well gee that will totally help. You will have 1 guy doing all the killing instead of 10 - except he won't have to share kills with the remaining 9 since he will be the sole holder of the unrealistically overpowered weapon.

A .50 cal sniper rifle has no recoil, no weight, no collision allowing it to just clip through walls, windage doesn't affect its bullets. Nothing wrong with that? Maybe that's why people take them and not because there are no limits?

well, the game ist still in beta, right? Why should i tell you such obvious things? Also thus sniper rifles are new and cool. So many who played alpha before they came, love to use them, i see nothing wrong about.

I don't see why the only solution people give for handling heavy weapons is limiting turn rate.

Add sway from moving, and make lighter weapons recover stability faster! This way pistols are an excellent choice in tight buildings, since you have that ability to whip around and fire accurately.

Carbines and SMGs possibly even better, more fire, better penetration, heavier weapon with centre of mass closer to your chest and supported against your body, so less drastic recoil on firing while still reasonably easy to stabilize. Bullpup? Centre of mass further back, even better stability, but a bit more recoil on firing!

Long rifles and machineguns? Probably don't want to whip that thing around unless putting fire in the general direction of something sorta over there is good enough.

As for the developers staying quiet, I can sympathize. As soon as they say anything someone seems to pop out of the bushes and look at it really hard until they find a way of making it sound like they are admitting to communally kicking puppies in the break room.

The MG's in Arma are about the same size as the assault rifles, they are not the meter long M240's and M60's and PKM's of yesteryear.

Arma is still a game about soldiers shooting other soldier with real weapons in a believable fashion.

Go look up the 'future soldier' project. These "built-in GPS'" you're complaining about have existed for almost 30 years. Soldiers carry rifles alongside AT & AA launchers in real life. Disregarding basic laws of physics? Since when has arma obeyed the laws of physics? Even going back to OFP? If anything, with PHYSX, Arma 3 obeys the laws of physics more so than any other previous arma title.

Go ahead, bring up another point about how unrealistic and casualised Arma 3 has become, I can guarantee a counterargument. The gameplay is almost identical to the last 3 games, just with far more fluid infantry controls, which the series has sorely needed since 2001.

i agree, amount of bitching is enormous high. Actually for me, it feels like another, a lot better game, as it used to be in arma 2! I remember after playing arma 3 alpha for few weeks, then i tried to play arma 2, and it felt like... bad! Arma 3 is literrary better then arma 2 in every aspect. One thing which makes arma 2 right now, supperior over arma 3, is huge amount of conent, dlcs+tons of mods.

I'm sure, Arma 3 will blow everything up, when it's finaaly in release stage!

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

As for the developers staying quiet, I can sympathize. As soon as they say anything someone seems to pop out of the bushes and look at it really hard until they find a way of making it sound like they are admitting to communally kicking puppies in the break room.

yep, exactly my tought. The more devs are open towards it's community, the more (sadly) community starts to moan and beg.

Wheres that "it's a simmulation guys, devs make all the things" img.