Sign in to follow this  
Sparkko

Will Stratis ever be more detailed?

I just can't really enjoy Stratis yet with it being so......Plain. Will the map be updated in the full version of the game, or will it be a huge island full of grass and rocks with few towns forever? I'd rather play Arma 2 than Arma 3 Alpha simply because the map is boring. I really hope they add in a few more towns and a city maybe.

Stratis is the small map, ArmA 3 will come with the much bigger and more detailed map, Altis.

^ in addition to user-made islands which we'll probably start seeing closer to the full release of the game

Utes is pretty much the same way, small, very few towns, and a landing strip that takes up 60% of the map lol

Stratis is much much better than Utes. More detailed, ofcourse better visuals and bigger island.

Just have some patience and wait for Altis :)

Stratis is the small map, ArmA 3 will come with the much bigger and more detailed map, Altis.

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for. I have high hopes for Altis. I hope it can surpass the much loved Chernarus. Except maybe with this map we'll actually be able to go INSIDE buildings.

Yeah, that's what I am hoping for. I have high hopes for Altis. I hope it can surpass the much loved Chernarus. Except maybe with this map we'll actually be able to go INSIDE buildings.

Hello there

As you have seen from Stratis, you'll most likely be able to enter the same percentage of buildings as one can at the moment.

We know it's somewhat larger than Chernarus and should have some diversity in areas, but dont expect it to have the *feel* of Chernarus. It'll still have a similar *feel* to Stratis.

If you want a general Idea of what it'll be like try googling its real world counterpart.

Rgds

LoK

Utes is pretty much the same way, small, very few towns, and a landing strip that takes up 60% of the map lol

Imo both of the smaller islands are more like testing grounds like Desert Island was in the original. They load fast and for basic testing of units, scripts and concepts they work fine. The bigger islands take a lot longer to load both in the editor and when loading a mission. For editing related tasks I prefer the smaller islands even if they don't offer the same level of detail.

Some small island can be quite barren, this is because there size and/or height is not enough to trigger increased rainfall like some marginally larger island, or run-off happens to fast so it ends up in the sea.

e.g.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=39.51596,25.014839&spn=0.088991,0.209255&t=h&z=13

vs.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=39.9179,25.233192&spn=0.176949,0.41851&t=h&z=12

If you really like Chernarus, then don't worry - it will most likely be properly ported to ARMA 3. ;)

If you really like Chernarus, then don't worry - it will most likely be properly ported to ARMA 3. ;)

yup-. AiA

AiA, yes, but we'll hopefully see native A3 ports of maps.

the much loved Chernarus.

Difficult :). But however. There'll be user made maps and maybe, like in Addon development, old maps will be easy to port to A3 maps.

They actually added a lot more to Stratis than exists in real life. In real life there is only one town and nothing else except dirt roads.

Yeah, when someone posted that 'virtual tour' thing of the real Stratis, it's immediately apparent in some areas that the Arma 3 version is more detailed. Except in the town, of course.