Sign in to follow this  
Michaelp800

Serious injuries (graphic) - gore/violence

A3 is the less bloody of the serie, although even OFP was better on that. So what's happen, A3 is more clean, war isn't, if a sim simulate badly things it's like more arcade, not to say that the whole game is. But now take America's Army on the medic system, it's not perfect but better than ARMA. A3 lack some features from the serie, so it's why I said that it's moving slighty to an arcade game, even if it's not totally; diving, freefall.

Now there's no democraty here, a feature like an add-on that you pay is not the same as a feature in the main game, there's no prob for ban the lain game. The higher rathing is applied only if the add-on is applied.

Those who don't want this feature have all the answers of the world to say STOP THERE'S NOTHING HERE!

You have answers for everything but I find answers against what you say.

A3 need to improve on this wounds and medic.

And work and money for BIS...

It's moving to arcade game style because the damage system is also dumbed down...

Now I really don't care to be shot at... I know it takes 2 rounds to kill me.

A3 is the less bloody of the serie, although even OFP was better on that.

In what way ?

And visually I think the new ragdoll effect also makes the game look less authentic...

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

In what way ?

Play the game and you will see...

Play the game and you will see...

I play both games and i'm waiting for an answer.

So play again OFP, when someone is shooted in the head visually is better than A3, and there's no engancement on bloody textures on soldiers...

In terms of blood spray I would actually say arma 3 is the best of the games. The blood spray is more realistic (barely visible and very quick unless

(then it get ridiculous)) and in addition there are blood stains on the ground. In terms of wounds however A3 is the most tame. A headshot looks like you got attacked by a cat or something. I remember in arma 1 headshot was a huge hole in the guys eye. But honestly seeing every headshot be a huge gaping hole in ones eye is more detrimental to immersion than the cat scratch. The key is variety.

You're true -Coulum-, but we are talking about a game from 12 years old!

It's not blood for Blood, gore for Gore, it's for Realism to have a better Immersion.

Ragdoll is good but wounds not.

Always will be a mod for something like that... Just like ArmA 2 had.

Wounds aren't that visible unless you've been shoot by a big caliber or blown up. Maybe a bit more gore could be added to explosion deaths...

No mod, it's need to be in the engine, and with PhysX now.

This type of mod like SLX wasn't good in A2, it's why it's better to implement it like an add-on.

So play again OFP, when someone is shooted in the head visually is better than A3, and there's no engancement on bloody textures on soldiers...

So basically nothing has changed since OFP, apart that blood textures (including on face) are much better in ArmA3, much more realistic. And i've been playing and modding OFP for years, so i know exactly how it looks. But that so fun to write "even in OFP it was much better".

No mod, it's need to be in the engine, and with PhysX now.

This type of mod like SLX wasn't good in A2, it's why it's better to implement it like an add-on.

Someone is very demandable here... Same stuff were talked about in ArmA 2 and than a mod was brought in when people thought that cannot be done, you surely do not understand the power of addon's and addon makers.

Modders make a wonderful stuff, but for visual wounds SLX is not good at all, the best thing is to have it directly in the engine, to have realism, and no just gore... And less bugs.

we need more red! lol i got blown up by a mine earlier and i swear i couldnt see any red on me at all or any effects on the body showing any form of injuries

we need more red! lol i got blown up by a mine earlier and i swear i couldnt see any red on me at all or any effects on the body showing any form of injuries

Yea, it looks like someone just hit you upside the head with a baseball bat.

You guys still understand this is still Beta which was not so long ago alpha? There is still LOADS of time for stuff to be added...

Not to be rude or disrespectful...but some of you guys have an unhealthy morbid fascination....I personally think the current blood effect is quite enough.and any form of dismemberment is a little too much for my taste.

Not to be rude or disrespectful...but some of you guys have an unhealthy morbid fascination....I personally think the current blood effect is quite enough.and any form of dismemberment is a little too much for my taste.

And this is what you guys should look and understand, the game is not only for you but other people, EVERYONE has their own taste, not everyone like gore and so on, especially if you look at people who's been deployed in real life and seen stuff and want to forget but still play a game like ArmA series, not even forgetting about kiddies playing the game even if its outside their age limit...

This been said, not force make it if you guys so furiously want it, make it option wise to either disable or enable it, simple enough solution for this gore fight, similar to ArmA 2 option with Blood.

@Sakai

Sure. Every one has a different taste.

But gore is a big component of war. So the sensitive users have to cope with it, and not vice versa.

//EDIT

As I said a long time ago the gore level can be adjusted in settings. That's the optimal solution. All would be satisfied. The realistic players (often a member or supporter of army) enable gore, the sensitive ones can choose a lower level of gore and graphic content.

Edited by Michaelp800

@devs...

is there a chance this can just be turned up a knotch?

were not like asking for blown off limbs or squirting blood or over the top sort of thing.

i shot someone in the face yesterday and NO BLOOD appeared on the body let alone the face.

it looks like it only appears when units are killed by explosions. even then it doesnt seem red enough.

just get the old marvel looking colour and a tiny splodge on the floor.

people who dont like to have realistic looking wounds can just turn down the blood option via the options.

its a win win situation :) please bisss

One way BI could put in more gore is to not have it in the vanilla game, but include it in a separate, official mod or patch. An easy way to include the features we want without effecting the rating in countries like Germany.