Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Iron maiden

I have one song of theirs called Mother Russia, which is ver vrey good, but I was wondering if anybody else heard of them? Where the popular?? Are they good?

Heard OF them, never actually heard them though...

They are great if you like old school Metal.

Number of the Beast is one of the quintessential 80's metal albums.

biggrin.gif

Havent listened to em for years though.

I like old stuff, but it is mostly Dylan. biggrin.gif Mother Russia is not metal, but it was written in 1990 I think.

Iron Maiden is one of the best Metal bands ever!

Mother Russia is a good song!

You should pick up Power Slave, its there best album in my opion. The Latest one is by far the best in a long while and Bruce is back with the band. I saw them in concert last spring and they still had it. It was a great concert.

I personally like to classify them as Rock Opera not Heavy Metal.

Cheers

The only Iron Maiden I've ever heard of is a medieval torture device.

I'm not sure which sounds more painful. biggrin.gif

Yep! I've got every single album on CDs and MP3s.

One of my favourite metal bands ever if no The most favourite. My experience with Metal started with them.

Is alot of their stuff like Mother Russia? Alos are the a british band?

Heard of them? I love 'em!

One of the first metal bands I ever got into...

If you like Mother Russia, you should check out more of their stuff.

Best albums - Powerslave, Number of the Beast, Live After Death, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Killers and self titled...

Duke, don't play their records backwards! And don't let your mom know you have those records, she will likely have your local priest banish you from the congregation!

I find it very amusing that Duke, who is sooo Christian, can't see the references to the bible in those titles listed. Or even has bothered to check up on Maiden...

(NOTE: Not saying Maiden is or isn't into the black arts. But we all know the heat they have taken over the time and we also know their songs smile.gif )

I hate 80's rock music, shit I probably hate all music from the 80's. Are they one of those bands with the annoying ass girl voices screaming? I can't stand that garbage.

Is here actually someone who does not the Iron Maiden?

I listen to them when I was a kid, I thought they were really

heavy metal and that they worshipped satan..

biggrin.gif

Nowadays I think that some of their songs are good hard rock

songs but that's it..

I saw them live '96, but that was without Bruce Dickinson.

That satan issue brings to my mind this funny story.

One friend of mine played in this heavy metal band called

Obsession. They were known by some metalheads here

in Finland, but one day my friend someone talking about

Obsession:

"Those guys are fake. They don't really dig Satan."

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

IMHO, apart from Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden are the most seminal and influential metal band ever.

As for "screaming girl", Bruce Dickinson does hit high notes with his trademark metal screaming, but hardly like a girl! They are a great metal/rock band, up there with Motorhead, Sabbath, Judas Priest, Led Zep and Deep Purple. Very influential on later bands like Queensryche, Manowar, Iced Earth etc...

However, if your definition of metal is some clown grunting like the cookie monster about autopsies and how scary he is, set to music that sounds like Metallica on the wrong speed, then Maiden probably aren't for you. tounge.gif

Rocker - "Who would win in a fight between Lemmy and God?"

Wannabe - "Uhmm...Lemmy?"

Rocker - "Wrong asshole! Lemmy _IS_ God!"

From "Airheads" I think smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 30 2002,09:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They are a great metal/rock band, up there with Motorhead, Sabbath, Judas Priest, Led Zep and Deep Purple.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm going to see Motörhead live this Saturday. Yay!!! biggrin.gif

If you like 80's metal get 'Reign in Blood' by Slayer, best thrash metal album ever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 30 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lucky! I saw them on their 1917 tour, they were great... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ehhh....shouldn´t that be the 1918-tour? The album´s called 1918...

What refrences in Mother Russia? All though the titles do seem a little odd, like Mark of the Beast.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ July 30 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 30 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lucky! I saw them on their 1917 tour, they were great... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ehhh....shouldn´t that be the 1918-tour? The album´s called 1918...<span id='postcolor'>

Bzzzt..we were both wrong, it's 1916

00181601.jpg

Not to be confused with 1984 by Van Halen,

1987 by Whitesnake, or

2112 by rush... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ July 30 2002,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm going to see Motörhead live this Saturday. Yay!!! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I saw Motorhead back in March or April, and it was the best show this year so far (it will be surpassed on September 3 when I see Slayer for the 4th time in the pass 9 months, with Dave Lombardo as drummer)

Anyone got that Ed Hunter cd/game? I played it once and I don't remember much about the game, I think it's like a shooter game, not sure.

And the best "Rock Opera" out there is King Diamond, period.

-=Die Alive=-

ED hunter wasnt too good,it was basicly a lightgun style game but on ur pc and i think it came with one of the albums as an extra.