Please, please, please move that AFG forward on the rail. Placing it at a mid-point defeats its purpose, I think. This may sound ridiculous (because it sort of is), but that's the reason I will not use the full-length MX if I can help it. The front tip of the AFG should be in line with the end of the rail near the muzzle.

I noticed with my own weapons that placing the AFG too far in front will result in weird stretching when sidestepping to the left, since the change in the shoulder will overstretch the left arm.

@ardvarkdb: Great looking guns, love them :) And I wish I could do textures like that O.o

Anyone using this on their MP servers? I tried adding it a while ago. I cant seem to get it working. People can not connect. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

I noticed with my own weapons that placing the AFG too far in front will result in weird stretching when sidestepping to the left, since the change in the shoulder will overstretch the left arm.

This man speaks the truth - having a handanim where the support hand is a long-ish way out in front of the torso causes some nasty IK stretching of the unit model's forearm when performing certain animations that involve periodically moving the hands further away from the torso.

I tried making a few anims for MGs in Arma 2 where the support hand held the folded bipod, and performing the sprint anim made the unit's left arm resemble that of a gibbon. Obviously the specific anims that cause the stretching will be different in Arma 3 but you still have to be aware that there might be a limit on how far forward you can make a weapon's grip - even on a fairly short weapon like the Mk18.

Seriously liking this weapon and have been using it heavily in some custom missions me and a few buddies play. However noticed on page 12 a preview image of the Mk18 with a bunch of Magpul accessories on it, so my question is.

What are the chances of there being a MK18 with the CTR stock from the preview image, but with the vertical grip that's currently used in the version of this addon that's already released rather than the Magpul AFG? Thanks.

I can't recall were, but there was a former SEAL was saying they got to play around with the standalone FN EGLM's to replace their M79's in Afghanistan, they said by the time they got half way through thier tour most of the EGLM's were broken to a point it wasn't worth ordering parts to fix while other's would have issues with reliability and construction, in the end they went back to the M79's they'd been using since they'd arrived in Afghan and never bothered ordering any beyond the testing units they had.

Would explain why they look so flimsy

Can't wait the shoot with the new version after all this teasers

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X+

Thanks for all the feedback. Here are a few points based on the discussion so far (in no particular order)

1. GL Variant - right now this is not at the top of my list but there will likely be a GL variant at some point in the future.

2. There won't be a ton of variants in regards to the magpul stuff. There will be the Mk18s that are already in game plus the magpul variant Sabre posted a pic of a few pages back. We aren't going to mix and match accessories, etc. as that's just a lot of busy work. If BI beefs up the attachment system (which is a discussion in and of itself) maybe they can add support for buttstocks and foregrips / lower rail attachments and then people could build their own weapons to their hearts content :)

3. There will be a black and desert variant of the magpul version just like there is with the regular version. I am still playing around with color combos so I do not know if there will be an all black version or not, we'll see what looks the best. Granted with hidden selections it's easy to create texture variation, however you then also have to do UI icons, which there are now a ton of thanks to the attachment system. So for every variant you have to do 8 icons, which again is just a lot of busy work. I'd rather spend that time working on other projects :)

4. The AFG grip has been moved forward. I've checked the animation ingame briefly and I don't think it stretches much, but I'll have to do some more testing. I made a new hand animation so I can play with it some.

5. Just doing some compiling and testing and a new version should be out. Major changes include: Fixed recoil (much more like arma 2 now), shadows for suppressors, magpul variant and probably some other stuff I can't remember. I've tweaked the model quite a bit and fixed all of the issues people have mentioned as well. Thanks for all the testing.

6. There will be a M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II version. I've finished the model today. Just have to create a new UV and pass it off to Sabre, so that can be expected at some point in the future.

Thanks for all the feedback, glad people are enjoying the weapon.

Edit:

7. I don't have any plans for any optics at this time. When Arma 3 reaches a final release I will look at what is included / where gaps exist.

Edited by ardvarkdb

Ardvark, if you need any texture/2d art stuff that you dont want to bog Sabre or yourself down, please PM. I'll help.

Thanks for the update, ardvark. Keep up the great work. I will be looking forward to the M4A1 RIS II.

Also Ardy, for your "future projects" do you think its possible for a OBR or DD M4V1?

EDIT: Nvm the M4V1, I like the RIS II rail your making for the mk18 much better and as for the OBR some others might agree but for me I only like the OBR for its handling (and Costa uses one)

Edited by Rockdpm

Infinite thanks for the update. Keep up the excellent work Ardy, Sabre, and whomever else is helping to bring these into the game.

6. There will be a M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II version. I've finished the model today. Just have to create a new UV and pass it off to Sabre, so that can be expected at some point in the future.

:yay:

You guys are awesome! Thank you all for your amazing work!

7. I don't have any plans for any optics at this time. When Arma 3 reaches a final release I will look at what is included / where gaps exist.

Smart decision.

Great work. One of my favourite mods

Thanks for all the feedback. Here are a few points based on the discussion so far (in no particular order)

1. GL Variant - right now this is not at the top of my list but there will likely be a GL variant at some point in the future.

2. There won't be a ton of variants in regards to the magpul stuff. There will be the Mk18s that are already in game plus the magpul variant Sabre posted a pic of a few pages back. We aren't going to mix and match accessories, etc. as that's just a lot of busy work. If BI beefs up the attachment system (which is a discussion in and of itself) maybe they can add support for buttstocks and foregrips / lower rail attachments and then people could build their own weapons to their hearts content :)

3. There will be a black and desert variant of the magpul version just like there is with the regular version. I am still playing around with color combos so I do not know if there will be an all black version or not, we'll see what looks the best. Granted with hidden selections it's easy to create texture variation, however you then also have to do UI icons, which there are now a ton of thanks to the attachment system. So for every variant you have to do 8 icons, which again is just a lot of busy work. I'd rather spend that time working on other projects :)

4. The AFG grip has been moved forward. I've checked the animation ingame briefly and I don't think it stretches much, but I'll have to do some more testing. I made a new hand animation so I can play with it some.

5. Just doing some compiling and testing and a new version should be out. Major changes include: Fixed recoil (much more like arma 2 now), shadows for suppressors, magpul variant and probably some other stuff I can't remember. I've tweaked the model quite a bit and fixed all of the issues people have mentioned as well. Thanks for all the testing.

Thanks for all the feedback, glad people are enjoying the weapon.

Edit:

Fantastic news and great work so far. Will the magpul variant be added to the M4 SOPMOD as well, or did I read it as it will only be applied to the MK18?

If you need any testing done, you know I'm up for it. ;)

I see what you trying to do there

Oh, I see.

I really like the DD rails on these. I also like the old arma 2 design as well even though it's just a plain RIS.

If you ever decide to implement a different flavor of mk18, I love the vltor cas-v ris. I'm perfectly okay with the default ones, if only BI would let me add those little rubber rail covers so i can make a checker pattern.

king-arms-vltor-casv-m4-cqb-od-ka-ag-11-s-od-airsoft-toys-gun.jpg

Oh, I see.

I really like the DD rails on these. I also like the old arma 2 design as well even though it's just a plain RIS.

If you ever decide to implement a different flavor of mk18, I love the vltor cas-v ris. I'm perfectly okay with the default ones, if only BI would let me add those little rubber rail covers so i can make a checker pattern.

http://kingarms-uk.com/shop/50031-333-thickbox/king-arms-vltor-casv-m4-cqb-od-ka-ag-11-s-od-airsoft-toys-gun.jpg

That looks alot like the ferfrans mk18's

no i meant the ones from this video:

and yea there is another mk18 on armaholic but it hasn't been updated