petracephas

ARMSCor Mod 3.0.3 (Work in progress)

As stated above. It has been speculated that in the future when money allows the SAAF would replace the Rooivalk with a smaller/lighter attack helo. The Tiger.

Thanks for the infos guys.

Hey mate, thought I'd find you over here now that AusArmA is down.

It's working for me ;)

Saw this last night - as an South African I'm very, very pleased. Your efforts are much appreciated!

3xsHy.jpg

Warm feeling in my heart to see a South Africa mod made by a South African. Nice work!

I'm interested in learning to do something like this myself but I'm new to the arma series, could someone point me in a direction to learn how to... make a helicopter?

I'm working on a couple of tutorial video's on this topic, but I'm still atleast 2 weeks away from having it ready.

I'm working on a couple of tutorial video's on this topic, but I'm still atleast 2 weeks away from having it ready.
I'll be looking out for it. Youtube channel?

Awesome man, I really want to do an EC-145/UH-72A and an AH-1Z. Would be amazing to get some help starting :)

I'm also planning on doing a EC-145.

Starting to get there. Completely redid model. Implemented RVMat. Animated landing gear and back doors. Implemented GEO lod, Fire lod. Still not happy with the glass, but will need some help to get that sorted. I now have a strange bobbing issue when in auto hover or AI pilot.

I was just looking at your website and wanted to throw in my two cents. Obviously the bug with the main rotor takes priority right now but I personally think the glare on the instrument glass is a bit too strong. It's coming along great though, I'm amazed how quickly you've been making progress on the aircraft.

Thanks Lem. You are probably right. I haven't implemented the shadow lod for the cockpit/instruments yet and I'm not sure what effect this will have on that glare. I'm going to delay fixing it until I have done this, but you are absolutely right, it needs to be fixed. Thanks for your interest and input, much appreciated.

Progress update:

* Improved glass texture

* Continued modelling dashboard

* Fixed issue in geo lod

* Got my first instrument up and working

* Moved cockpit detail to proxy

* Experimented with weapon proxies

For a more detailed update please visit my weekly blog.

Looking good! Do you know if it would be possible to have an interactive cockpit in arma 3 like in TOH? I was thinking being able to push buttons on the MFD's to look at different screens would be cool. Maybe not for this aircraft but for future projects?

Looking good! Do you know if it would be possible to have an interactive cockpit in arma 3 like in TOH? I was thinking being able to push buttons on the MFD's to look at different screens would be cool. Maybe not for this aircraft but for future projects?

I'm assuming it's possible. Look at what these guys did in ARMA 2

I'm assuming it's possible. Look at what these guys did in ARMA 2

Holy shit... Thats amazing. Thats exactly what I had in mind! except with a viper...

Edited by LemTheGentleman

I'm impressed.

I wish I could model things as good as you do. The R1 in your blog just looks amazing.

btw: Isn't the name "Rhodesia" a bit outdated? ;D

A lot of the equipment used by South Africa in that time was also used by the then Rhodesia, so I'm working with some other guys who want to do a Rhodesia mod.

Being South African myself it's great to this in the works.

I would love to see these weapons in the game :

• NTW-20 anti-materiel rifle

• Protecta shotgun

• MAG-7

• R4 assault rifle (and maybe some of the other variants)

Anyway keep it up, can't wait to see more.

Thanks Doom6197. Work on the R4 is already well underway and the NTW-20 is next on the list. :)

Outstanding work so far, but I have a question:

With the Rooikat (Can't start work on this soon enough in my view), will you be doing just the 76mm version, or are you going to do some of the proposed variants that have been considered (The 105mm armed one, the AA, and so on)?