Sign in to follow this  
-A-V-Trekkie

G8-mod released awacs beta

This is a great addon, keep up the good work   smile.gif

I downloaded the 1.30 version, but it still required 1.75 so i had to dePBO it and change it in the config.cpp. Maybe I downloaded the wrong version. I don't know, but it's working now smile.gif

This is alittle off-topic

but isnt the G8-mod about urban warfare, cops and demonstrants?

Not about about Jets and stuff

in that mod is also a military part

uhmm....im getting really confused now.

Why oh why do i bother to tell Indy (G8 Leader) not to release it until bugs are finished. sad.gif

Pretty cool model but I hope the sound is going to be changed to a turboprop sound (they sound really cool so you might as well). One bug I found is that I cant figure out how to get in the E-2 on the ground other than the pilot seat, I cant find the ride in back spot though I did use the init line to put myself in the back. A minor bug I saw is when you pull up the aerlions (dont know how to spell it) adjust as if it were rolling.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 26 2002,22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pretty cool model but I hope the sound is going to be changed to a turboprop sound (they sound really cool so you might as well). One bug I found is that I cant figure out how to get in the E-2 on the ground other than the pilot seat, I cant find the ride in back spot though I did use the init line to put myself in the back. A minor bug I saw is when you pull up the aerlions (dont know how to spell it) adjust as if it were rolling.<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same prob.

Yah its not working with 1.3 unless you change the .cpp

ya that prob happens to me and i have resistance but remember that it is still beta but very very nice wink.gif

I just downloaded a good turboprop wav from simviation, converted it, slowed it down, and put it on the E-2 and it sounds pretty good but it was something like 8.7 mb when I was done.

hmm its behind the plane, just have to try it... s.th like 2-3 metres behind the end of the main area of the plane

shit, have to learn english biggrin.gif

is there any way to get into the radar room? I can only get to the cockpit right now.

To get in the radar room I guess there are 2 ways

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm its behind the plane, just have to try it... s.th like 2-3 metres behind the end of the main area of the plane

<span id='postcolor'>

or name the E-2 plane or something then make a player and put This moveincargo plane to put a player at the radar screens, there are 3 seats back there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 27 2002,00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just downloaded a good turboprop wav from simviation, converted it, slowed it down, and put it on the E-2 and it sounds pretty good but it was something like 8.7 mb when I was done.<span id='postcolor'>

Just curious but I found a sound I'd like to use with it, but it's a .wav sound while the addon uses a .wss sound format. Is there a converter that use to get it into .wss format or do you just rewrite the script in an apporpriate format for a .wav file? (If so what is the script?) Or is it just a matter of substituting the name with the name of the .wav file for the engine sound?

Thanks for any info.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ July 27 2002,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 27 2002,00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just downloaded a good turboprop wav from simviation, converted it, slowed it down, and put it on the E-2 and it sounds pretty good but it was something like 8.7 mb when I was done.<span id='postcolor'>

Just curious but I found a sound I'd like to use with it, but it's a .wav sound while the addon uses a .wss sound format.  Is there a converter that use to get it into .wss format or do you just rewrite the script in an apporpriate format for a .wav file? (If so what is the script?)   Or is it just a matter of substituting the name with the name of the .wav file for the engine sound?  

Thanks for any info.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

This is why I personally am very sceptical to releasing beta add-ons. People will start playing around themselves to fix stuff and we will have 500 different versions of the same add-on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is why I personally am very sceptical to releasing beta add-ons. People will start playing around themselves to fix stuff and we will have 500 different versions of the same add-on. <span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree with you.Even if you release a final version of your addon,someone will edit something on it.Becuase they didnt like the way it was.And I think that will make alot of people that put alot of time into something an then have someone change something and give it a new name very unpleased.But what can you do about it.Heres a thought dont share the addons that you dont want people messing with.Cause a read me with "DO NOT EDIT" doesnt mean jack.And while Im at it that DS mod thang about the stollen textures,I think it is wrong for JellyBelly to claim those textures his.If there anybodies textures they are BIS.Just because you spend a lot of time messing with them doesnt mean there yours.What ever textures and model you edit that are from OFP are not yours.So dont think just because you editied something there yours.Like lets say I took the Black UH-60 from JellBelly and put a white star on the textures and claim it to be mine,Would that be right or wrong.Just think about it if you can understand what Im talking about.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 27 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is why I personally am very sceptical to releasing beta add-ons. People will start playing around themselves to fix stuff and we will have 500 different versions of the same add-on.<span id='postcolor'>

True, but people are going to do that regardless if it's a beta or a final version. But I don't see it as a problem as long as the modified addon specifies clearly where the original is at.

At any rate this modification for the engine sound is purely for my own use and for a new release or anything.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NZXSHADOWS @ July 27 2002,03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is why I personally am very sceptical to releasing beta add-ons. People will start playing around themselves to fix stuff and we will have 500 different versions of the same add-on. <span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree with you.Even if you release a final version of your addon,someone will edit something on it.Becuase they didnt like the way it was.And I think that will make alot of people that put alot of time into something an then have someone change something and give it a new name very unpleased.But what can you do about it.Heres a thought dont share the addons that you dont want people messing with.Cause a read me with "DO NOT EDIT" doesnt mean jack.And while Im at it that DS mod thang about the stollen textures,I think it is wrong for JellyBelly to claim those textures his.If there anybodies textures they are BIS.Just because you spend a lot of time messing with them doesnt mean there yours.What ever textures and model you edit that are from OFP are not yours.So dont think just because you editied something there yours.Like lets say I took the Black UH-60 from JellBelly and put a white star on the textures and claim it to be mine,Would that be right or wrong.Just think about it if you can understand what Im talking about.<span id='postcolor'>

Hold on...their's a difference between stealing an addon and claiming it for your own compared to modding an addon and giving full credit to the original as well as the URL to the site where the original version is located at. The problem becomes when credit is not given to the original creator and it's as if they did all that work for nothing.

If people simply do not want people to even touch their addons then they shouldn't make addons.

But use common decency in giving credit where credit is due and I don't see where the problem is.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ July 27 2002,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles, you need wsscod. It's a very simple program that converts wav's to wss'. Just open the wav with it and a wss version will appear next to it. Here's a link:

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/Files/OFP_WSSprogs.zip

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Munger! Appreciate it!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is why I personally am very sceptical to releasing beta add-ons. People will start playing around themselves to fix stuff and we will have 500 different versions of the same add-on. <span id='postcolor'>

Im keeping what I did to this addon for myself for a couple reasons. One of them being the one you said and the other is that I dont have any right to release G8's or the sound guys work as my own. I dont see what it matters if its a beta or not though because if I dont like the sound on a complete version I am going to change it anyway like my tornadoe sound which isnt a beta I'm guessing I gave it a sound like the one that came in satchels sound mod.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles, you need wsscod. It's a very simple program that converts wav's to wss'. Just open the wav with it and a wss version will appear next to it. <span id='postcolor'>

That works or you can also convert the wav to 16 bit mono wave but in the cpp you have to be sure to put the .wav on the extension.

what about a commander seat on this plane can u do that? the commander whould sit in the back he whould see the radar the pilot currently sees and tell pilot where to go, when im flying a plane and trying to get sum where its really hard because if u look at the map u often crash. Would be good in because when the commander tells u where to go u get a nice target bracket. It would also be good on planes like the hawk and tornado.