Sign in to follow this  
byku

camouflage - Opfor, Bluefor

Should they change blufor camouflage a bit?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should they change blufor camouflage a bit?

• yes
    • no

Hello,

I've got one personal suggestion, and would like to know what do you think about it. In my opinion bluefor's camouflage is simply bad. While opfor has nice, dark camouflage, great to hide in bushes or in dark environment, bluefor is almost white. Easily recognisable on Stratis' ground in pvp matches. In my opinion it should be darker and more green. It would be great if devs would change it a bit, for us PVP fans ;).

Edit. Not Altis :P

Edited by Byku

How about no? If anything, they could make the pattern look much closer to Multicam, which has a little bit more reddish and tan coloring in it. But I'd rather them not make some fake camouflage pattern just for you. Oh, and by the way, you aren't playing on Altis. You don't know how it'll be on Altis. Learn the game you're playing. The island in the Alpha is Stratis. Blufor's camouflage pattern isn't white. You should get your monitor, or eyes, checked. I'm guessing monitor. Must be too bright. That said, the lighting is currently a bit extreme when there's no cloud cover. Everything shines too brightly, especially clothing. I say they should tone down the lighting a little bit. That, or change the way lighting affects uniforms, vests, and headgear. Also, they should change the way lighting affects the skin. That shouldn't shine.

Terribly sorry for the mistake :O. My humble apologies. Mate, unfortunately the camouflage we have now is "fake" in a way. Ok so not white, BUT bright enough that they are EASILY recognisable from really far away. While playing opfor You can hide in bushes and stay invisible. It is kinda unfair for bluefor ;). I don't know if that would be a lot of work, but for some people it simply is an issue. Sure, the way it is now is "user" friendly, you know that bright is bluefor, dark opfor but... well... you know, but thanks for input. Oh, and it's not just for me ;).

Edit. Looked at multicam, that I agree, it looks better.

The trick is to learn how to use your camouflage. I never had a problem to use the Blufor uniforms against all types of environments, all you have to do is learn where to use it so that you get to trick your enemies better. The answer is really simple don't use dark bushes, ground patches and so on, but instead use the ones that match the blufors uniform accordingly.

Nah, Multicam is nice, Opfor better have like Flecktarn as the action is in Europe :D Doesn't fit to the "iranian" story though.

The trick is to learn how to use your camouflage. I never had a problem to use the Blufor uniforms against all types of environments, all you have to do is learn where to use it so that you get to trick your enemies better. The answer is really simple don't use dark bushes, ground patches and so on, but instead use the ones that match the blufors uniform accordingly.

Yes, that I agree but.... unfortunately on Stratis it doesn't work well(i'm a frequent opfor player in pvp games), and many times when i'm playing against my clan-mates we SEE that bluefor in 90% of environment is simply too bright. Once on J4f server when it was dark evening, opfor was almost invisible while bluefor wasn't and it almost never is ;/. Why I said to darker it a bit? Because creating a new camouflage from scratch is a bit too much work I suppose.

Edit. I do hope that you are pvp players not coop ;).

Edited by Byku

From my observations the BLUFOR camo works best in vegetated areas when the weather set to high overcast (cloudy).

I like the current camos, but...

BI should implement a feature where the player can choose a "camo" from a default/existing set of camo patterns (or custom ones).

Currently you have to download skins, or whole new units. Why can't we have it like how we can choose from different colored backpacks/gear etc.? ;)

Just think of how it is done in Metal Gear Solid 3, and 4, but I don't want the camo change to be an "on the fly" ability, but rather on initial load out/spawn/re spawn.

Edited by Ash712

Nah, Multicam is nice, Opfor better have like Flecktarn as the action is in Europe :D Doesn't fit to the "iranian" story though.

The way I see it is if Iran invaded a Greek island they wouldn't wear desert camo. If this is not what you meant then I'm sorry I misunderstood.

Greek Islands are pretty similar in layout/vegetation and colour, so saying the camo may look different on Altis is a straight up lie.

Stratis reminds me of my holiday to Corfu last year, and I bet Altis will too.

Yes, in general the BLUFOR cammo isn't as effective. It is suppose to be Multicam, but comes off a lighter shade.

Multicam: http://www.mashern.com/images/Soldiers-In-Multicam-Uniforms.JPG

In game Multicam: http://dslyecxi.com/cms_wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/a3_st_11.jpg

I realize it is not a huge difference. I feel like it should be more green - darker for in game.

Hi, IMO what they should do is to have more camos at the player's dispossal and some way of assign it to every men/woman on the squad before a mission begins. Let's C ya

Lighting changes everything with camo's in ArmA 3, with my own it looks super dark when in shade, and completely different when the sun hit's it. There is nothing wrong with the current BLUFOR camo, it's the lighting system that needs a slight tweek perhaps.

Hi, IMO what they should do is to have more camos at the player's dispossal and some way of assign it to every men/woman on the squad before a mission begins. Let's C ya

A system similar to MMO's or BF3 would be cool.

IIRC, we already can choose gear at the mission start, for every trooper under your command. "Gear" can include uniforms, so if you're an SF operator (regular grunts don't get this luxury), you should be able to choose between different NATO camos. Once they're implemented, that is, since currently you have to mod different patterns in.

If anything, multicam should be made a bit greener. The in-game version seems slightly more brown than the real thing.

Hopefully there will be an MTP camo option for Blufor. The desert camo and tan weapons really stand out! Opfor blends into the environment more easily.

How about the two bellow. I wish being even closer :)

OPFOR (162 kB)

Flecktarn (239 kB)

EDIT: I dont see where opfor camo is inspired from...anyone?

Edited by afp