Sign in to follow this  
PFC Magician

automatic update tactical Map

a suggestion it could automatically create red circles on the tactical map when listening to enemy fire, to get an approximate position of the enemy, a way to simulate the feeling when we are under fire.

open to other ideas

what do you exactly mean? if you mean like in bf3 than i don't like the idea. i never understood why people can't just use their ears. to me much of the excitement of bf3 got lost due to that feature. it's just an attempt to combat "camping" which ends up breaking the game in my opinion. but i don't want to derail this right away.

please describe more what you mean. do you mean like a red sound wave effect on the map? like animated markers?

nothxbye

That red circle near your position is too much already, imo.

i never played bf3 lol!!

you can not locate the source of sound shot right through, especially in long distance at least in arma2, I mean hot zones circles when continuous shooting occur in the same position, not animated, just temporary hot zones(big red circle).for multiplayer battles are more clear

pd:

In arma2 hot zones are represented by cities in conflict

I want it to be targeted by enemies in conflict

Edited by PFC Magician

Just no. That's why ArmA is fun, because people have to use their own perception, not just rely on maps,minimaps just like CoD, BF3 and so on offer. That's what makes it so different and why people love it, because you actually have to put your own mind into it, not just blindly running around expecting to know where your enemy is, that is just silly.

ah you mean more like planetside 2. well i guess that would make sense in some game modes for when the big terrain will be available. things like these are better left to game modes in arma in my opinion since the game is very flexible.

The dude is right. When soldiers get fired at IRL they see these red circles pointing at the enemy.

Using ears and eyes is too unrealistic - why would you want using them in a sim?

Can't figure out where the enemy is shooting from? Welcome to every single firefight ever.

Can't figure out where the enemy is shooting from? Welcome to every single firefight ever.

That's right. In real life you can't even do what we do in Arma, try to use binaural to locate the direction of the fire. In real life, when fired upon, even by a single shooter, it sounds like it's coming "from everywhere".

That's right. In real life you can't even do what we do in Arma, try to use binaural to locate the direction of the fire. In real life, when fired upon, even by a single shooter, it sounds like it's coming "from everywhere".

in real life there is no AI knows where you are when you begin to shooth.

but in any case I mean a combat signs not a location of targets that already exists in arma2 optionally(icon for each class unit)

Unless you wear headphones or have a very good speaker setup, it's not always as obvious to you where sounds are coming from. I've often thought that there could be (AN OPTIONAL :)) directional indicator letting you know directions of loud noises. Purely as a replacement for poor sound setup rather than "cheat" or "unrealism". VBS2 has this, before anyone leaps up & down wailing about anything.