Sign in to follow this  
PsychoPigeon

Where is everyone?

OFP/Arma has had a stigma about being bug ridden.

Thankfully so far A3 alpha shows some good promise.

However the games are also known for various other issues (badly tweaked AI abilities, bad performance, mp addon hell, vast amount of game destroying cheating, lack of good stock MP game modes).

As it stands these negative images will stick unfortunately due to the lack of prio addressing them or at least lack of PR to make people get some hope to see progress there.

Some forum post of a dev hidden away in some random thread does not matter for the general public image. This is not how you do good PR.

As well as actually working on these of course..

Hence bad image stays, means less sales, less players in MP. How can you defend that course?

;2388554']OFP/Arma has had a stigma about being bug ridden.

Thankfully so far A3 alpha shows some good promise.

However the games are also known for various other issues (badly tweaked AI abilities' date=' bad performance, mp addon hell, vast amount of game destroying cheating, lack of good stock MP game modes).

As it stands these negative images will stick unfortunately due to the lack of prio addressing them or at least lack of PR to make people get some hope to see progress there.

Some forum post of a dev hidden away in some random thread does not matter for the general public image. This is not how you do good PR.

As well as actually working on these of course..

Hence bad image stays, means less sales, less players in MP. How can you defend that course?[/quote']

To be completely honest since DayZ the majority of hacking is likely to be in Wasteland/Zoombie servers more so than the legitimate Arma based user missions. It won't be that big of an issue unless you are obsessed with those type of servers lol

Populated server = cheaters. It doesn't depends of the game mode... wasteland, life, domination.. whatever.

The thread was missing that. Now is complete.

hello there

Im really glad i managed to essentially "pre-order" the game and have access to a working (if buggy) alpha test.

I have no issue BI getting their hands on a little more income from it as long as the game is worked on (which it is) and eventually released (as I believe it will be).

remember people do tend to post more when they have an issue rather than when they are happily playing and some dissatisfied souls can become a little obsessed in their anger with a certain company and its policies.

There *is* an issue with people not realising what an alpha is, but even by ramming it down their throats every 30 seconds there will still be folk who just wont accept it is a test bed.

I think the game being released the way it is will drive some potential custom away, but likely they wont be folk who "get" ofp/arma for the beast that it is anyway. Perhaps those customers are best suited in other games. A loss of profits is never nice but i doubt it'll make any significant dent.

Rgds

LoK

remember people do tend to post more when they have an issue rather than when they are happily playing and some dissatisfied souls can become a little obsessed in their anger with a certain company and its policies.

There *is* an issue with people not realising what an alpha is, but even by ramming it down their throats every 30 seconds there will still be folk who just wont accept it is a test bed.

I think the game being released the way it is will drive some potential custom away, but likely they wont be folk who "get" ofp/arma for the beast that it is anyway. Perhaps those customers are best suited in other games. A loss of profits is never nice but i doubt it'll make any significant dent.

Rgds

LoK

Very true.

Where people are? Other places.

The Alpha is essentially a demo in content. After you're through with it you move on to other things until there's new content. Where do you expect people to be? Playing the demo non-stop for 6 months?

I'm currently concentrating on other games and in the past week I've been playing Ninja Gaiden and the next week I'm hoping to get started on the 1st generation of Pokémon games.

I think people are being extremely impatient and immature about this whole deal. Especially those mentioned by WalkerDown.

I'll give you some answers right away:

1) The general quality of the game engine will improve over the next several months of development.

2) There is no anti-cheating because it's not ready to be deployed yet. But there will be anti-cheating.

3) There is no road-map because there is no road-map. We don't know. They don't know either. Video game developers make their own deadlines to a certain extent and the game will enter beta when it is ready.

There is nothing wrong with their PR. Evidently 99% of all the alpha testers are idiots and don't deserve answers. If they spent all their time here they wouldn't have time to develop the game.

People are freaking out thinking the game will be released unstable, without anti-cheating and without notice.

But what would BIS gain in doing so?

BIS are working their best because their economy, sales, ratings and reputation are on the line and they have no reason to want to intentionally create a bad game.

So chill the fuck out people.

I'm not even going to go into greater detail explaining how I know the engine will improve or why there is no anti-cheating or road-map right now because of how fucking dumb it is to even ask.

---------- Post added at 03:58 ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 ----------

Communication isn't great? I think it's great. You want to get in touch with them do it through the feedback tracker, I've had nearly half of my reports looked at personally by BIS.

And as to why they're not in the forum reading every single post -- why would they? It would be a ton of work and most bullshit people say here is just ranting the same thing over and over again.

Once you reach a meaningful conclusion on a topic and you want to share it bis BIS seriously you use the feedback tracker in a respectable way. If people agree they upvote, otherwise you'll have to accept your issue is minor.

And why ISN'T it enough to say "it's alpha"? It's the truth and nothing but the truth. Saying it's alpha should be enough.

BIS have already confirmed that sounds will be changed etc but people still complain about various sounds ALL the time. But it's alpha. Just saying that implies that things will change. And they will.

A lot of people seem to think they're entitled to some sort of opinion because they bought the alpha but they're not.

They're entitled to a finish product and getting to play the alpha and beta is just a bonus.

What BIS get in return are the loads of helpful user reports in the feedback tracker that undeniably exist. And we get to have some fun.

Currently we're having a very fruitful exchange with BIS, even if it is not apparent to everyone.

Apart from the bad language used (only a little I know:p), I agree with this post, hits the nail on the head really.;)