Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

Hong Kong's Defense Forces

Small Information:

Hello! I'm back to BIS community! and when Im back it means im back to modding! However as I have loads of stuff on my head as in, work, youtube and now this DO not expect daily screenies and so on like back in the Armed Forces of Capraia.

So what is this mod about? This mod is in the ArmA 3 era, 1 year after Hong Kong was given independence from China, and yes in real life, Hong Kong has a independence movement, did my research :P.

Story:

Hong Kong or officially "Republic of Hong Kong" is a country backed by United Kingdom and Japan and supported by UN, in 2030 Hong Kong Independent Movement has grown in rapid amount, the Hong Kongese were tired of Chinese Communism as it kept on pushing law's that could end the SAR of Hong Kong and just become a normal state, Hong Kongese see themselfs different than Chinese as the culture and style of living is completely different, in 2033 HKIM ((Hong Kong Independent Movement)) has created a one of the biggest strikes and demonstration's for independence where even, riots and firearms were used, later on UN got involved as the death of "Li Wangyang" has been confirmed as "assassination" which created tension inside China and Hong Kong.

Despite the demonstrations, strikes and violence China did not allow any kind of independence to Hong Kong however United Kingdom as once owner of Hong Kong and Japan which sees Hong Kong as "Completely different from China" urges Chinese Government to lower the tension in Hong Kong and understand that Hong Kong should get independence.

Hate was growing between Hong Kong and China, these two different culture's never "liked" each other much, in September 5th, the hate exploded inside the region where HKIM with support of Hong Kong Police Force that support the independence movement said "If we cant get it by peace, we will get it by force" all tho United Kingdom warned the HKIM to not use any force, UK did not pledged to stop them, late night September 5th, Chinese Hong Kong Garrison has been given an order from the Chinese Government to "Bring the place back to normal by any cause" same day, few death's have been reported, it was told that the Chinese Garrison has beaten two Hong Kongese to death in the middle of night spraying graffiti on a wall...

Due two death's civil war has exploded, the HKIM with support of Hong Kong Police Force have been fighting with the Garrison for 3 weeks... The UN has given an ultimatum, "Leave Hong Kong and give it independence" or "Be given sanction for the September 5th Killing", China as a economical power did not want to lose its trade partners and worried that the demonstration for democracy could move onto mainland China... On November Chinese government has signed a cease fire agreement later on, on new year 2035, Chinese government reported the independence of Hong Kong.

Yap I know I do suck at story writing :P

Either way, I do not have anything to show you yet, that is because I dont want to use the ArmA 3 player models! I will be using something completely different which will take a bit of time so please hold on!

However I wish if you guys could give me ideas! support! if you want to help out FEEL free to! I will give u all my loveh to you! And sadly I do not have a logo for the mod but maybe one day :3

As well before I will end, I need your opinion on what kind of camouflage, weapon and so on the Armed Forces of Hong Kong should use! My current idea for camo is this: Click Me!

So stay tuned lads!

Thank you!

Edited by Sakai

Thanks!

It will take a while because I want them to use custom model... Which is Im looking for a decent 3d model to buy just for the mod because I have no epic skills to mod a player model :3 than I will be getting it into ArmA 3 and texturing... Than theres the planning of which weapon to give them, vehicles and so on! Which is why I need your help lads :)

Edited by Sakai

We're gonna have PLA, and now Hong Kong. Now we need Taiwan.

Sounds good, I can't wait to see it. Are you going to make islands for it?

If I will have time to learn... I might but at the moment I dont plan BUT if there will be an island on Asian theme, I will be using that.

Hong Kong or officially "Republic of Hong Kong" is a country backed by United Kingdom and Japan and supported by UN, in 2030 Hong Kong Independent Movement has grown in rapid amount, the Hong Kongese were tired of Chinese Communism as it kept on pushing law's that could end the SAR of Hong Kong and just become a normal state, Hong Kongese see themselfs different than Chinese as the culture and style of living is completely different, in 2033 HKIM ((Hong Kong Independent Movement)) has created a one of the biggest strikes and demonstration's for independence where even, riots and firearms were used, later on UN got involved as the death of "Li Wangyang" has been confirmed as "assassination" which created tension inside China and Hong Kong.

Actually, some of this is not THAT far off, though sadly, it will never happen.

Hate is increasing and they would rather revert back to the British to some extent.

I see it and hear it everyday.

very unlikely. would probably be more realistic to have the mod focused around anti piracy and smuggling operations in the south china sea.

very unlikely. would probably be more realistic to have the mod focused around anti piracy and smuggling operations in the south china sea.
Seems to be a fan project set within BI's version of the Arma 3 "2035" setting, so its nominal implausibility is kind of irrelevant and I look forward to seeing what the modder proposes.

Well that could be interesting, but its not what Sakai has chosen to make is mod about, maybe you should do your own mod?

On topic: Sakai nice to see you back modding again, your Forze Armate di Capraia is an excellent mod. This new mod has alot of potential :)

its like back in one topic with nationalism.. Either way it is very unlikely in one way or another but it is happening in real life, Hong Kong is in similar situation but in relaxed way.

Either way thanks lads! Dont forget to give me some ideas I will need them! this is way different than Forze Armate di Capraia and will be harded :P

Any particular reason that Hong Kong forces wouldn't be using existing PLA weapons at the beginning of independence during which this seems to be set? Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use the Katiba in place thereof for now like the PLA Infantry mod does (as to my knowledge the only Arma 3-native real-world-2013-PLA weapons thusfar are from VME).

True and reasonable because they fought the Chinese Garrison in Hong Kong so they would of use it, all tho something new will be needed as well :P since Japan and UK are backing the country, than later on vehicles and so on... Oh dear :P

The thing is I do not want to make this look like PLA copy mod :)

EDIT: Mod name switching to "Hong Kong Defense Force"

Edited by Sakai

Hi I'm a HKDF Soldier! and Im trying to get working in ArmA 3!

fdg.jpg

Anyone would like to help me out getting this lad working in ArmA 3 ? :3

EDIT: And a pic with texture on :P do not worry, camo will be changed, and so the face to have more "Asian" feel!

aaa.jpg

(( Sadly postimage makes the picture quality crap... :( ))

Edited by Sakai

... so the HKDF uses surplus ACUPAT/UCP? That's certainly one way to make them "not look like PLA copy mod", though it implies something discourteous about the US in your timeline. :p ("The camo was a failure? Give it to Hong Kong")

Still, looking forward to this first start!

... so the HKDF uses surplus ACUPAT/UCP? That's certainly one way to make them "not look like PLA copy mod", though it implies something discourteous about the US in your timeline. :p ("The camo was a failure? Give it to Hong Kong")

Still, looking forward to this first start!

Reason why I decided to get them the old US army uniform is because, since in 2035 US Army and USMC uses new uniform style, Hong Kong could of simply buy the old uniforms off from USA :3

Currently getting the right camo textured and asian face placed into the texture which is... I do not know how I will get it :|

Dammit Sakai's-2035-America, couldn't you have sold Hong Kong your Multicam? :p Seriously though, I like the start with a soldier model, but are you intending a suite of infantry weapons for this?

Dammit Sakai's-2035-America, couldn't you have sold Hong Kong your Multicam? :p Seriously though, I like the start with a soldier model, but are you intending a suite of infantry weapons for this?

Could be and could be not, lets see where time will get us :)

Im still thinking if I should stay with this camo or get differ one, I got urban, desert, another desert and woodland in the same type...

If anyone has ideas on the camouflage for the HKDF let me know!

Urban

image.png

Woodland

image.png

Desert

image.png

Edited by Sakai

Don't fret, it's a joke about the camo's real-world history... even before 2012 (the year in which OA is set) the real-world military started issuing different camouflage pattern uniforms and has apparently outright cancelled that particular camo pattern, the others that you've presented are interesting, but one might have to answer first... where are the HKDF intended to possibly fight?

Edited by Chortles

Don't fret, it's a joke about the camo's real-world history... even before 2012 (the year in which OA is set) the real-world military started issuing different camouflage pattern uniforms and has apparently outright cancelled that particular camo pattern, the others that you've presented are interesting, but one might have to answer first... where are the HKDF intended to possibly fight?

When Hong Kong was given independence a lot of young men and Police Officer's from Hong Kong Police Force transferred to the newely established Hong Kong Defense Forces, even yet small force, they will be fighting in UN operations as well as co-operating with NATO as 200 Hong Kongese and growing were send to Stratis. There will be more...

P.S. If theres anyone who could help me getting the player model into the game please contact me!

Edited by Sakai

its like back in one topic with nationalism.. Either way it is very unlikely in one way or another but it is happening in real life, Hong Kong is in similar situation but in relaxed way.

Either way thanks lads! Dont forget to give me some ideas I will need them! this is way different than Forze Armate di Capraia and will be harded :P

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

It's your mod and certainly no one will stop you. When you get it done, I will play with it and maybe make a mission with this mod, but it is NOT plausible that HK will join up with US or Japan.

I live here. I've been here for 6 years. HK, sadly, has been scoped up and is being slowly indoctrinated into the Beijing system, like it or not.

Keep in mind the history with Japan and HK and what is going on with Senkaku/Diaouyu now.

I've even got a SP mission centered on it. Check my signature.

Sadly, they HATE Japanese. No, not dislike, HATE them.

Seamusgod was being realistically reasonable. HK is now dealing with piracy, from the mainland as a matter of fact but there will never be a clear separation of HK from China. EVER.

I look forward to what you make of this. Imagination and creativity is indeed a wonderful thing, but touch of reality would not hurt anything......good luck!

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.

It's your mod and certainly no one will stop you. When you get it done, I will play with it and maybe make a mission with this mod, but it is NOT plausible that HK will join up with US or Japan.

I live here. I've been here for 6 years. HK, sadly, has been scoped up and is being slowly indoctrinated into the Beijing system, like it or not.

Keep in mind the history with Japan and HK and what is going on with Senkaku/Diaouyu now.

I've even got a SP mission centered on it. Check my signature.

Sadly, they HATE Japanese. No, not dislike, HATE them.

Seamusgod was being realistically reasonable. HK is now dealing with piracy, from the mainland as a matter of fact but there will never be a clear separation of HK from China. EVER.

I look forward to what you make of this. Imagination and creativity is indeed a wonderful thing, but touch of reality would not hurt anything......good luck!

ArmAVerse is complete different place :) As in my mod its obviously all imagination like every army in here that is not in real life, anything can happen, here there everywhere so please try and understand this is imaginary work, reality is a taboo.

This is alternative history, what if, what if it could happen? Reality is boring, this is why you gotta spice it up with some imagination.

Truthbetold it always can be plausible if you lay the groundwork far enough back... if this is supposed to be set within the Armaverse, then maybe you need to go a bit further back in time...?

Truthbetold it always can be plausible if you lay the groundwork far enough back... if this is supposed to be set within the Armaverse, then maybe you need to go a bit further back in time...?

This is set in Armaverse in the 2035 so in ArmA 3 times, this is the best time to have it due its 2035... I think there is no need of further explanation why :P

Tried to rig the model and failed >.< so much stuff to lod and shite, never knew its such a hard work!

I've done guns in Oxygen but player models... Its like maths to me...

Edited by Sakai