Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

Hong Kong's Defense Forces

Scale-wise it looks oddly oversized, but otherwise lookin' good so far -- though I will add/note that you've got the "vertical foregrip" hand position going on there.

Scale-wise it looks oddly oversized, but otherwise lookin' good so far -- though I will add/note that you've got the "vertical foregrip" hand position going on there.

Scale seems to be fine to me :P And yea animation will be kinda hard to guess which one to use, I toke that one from the M16A4 MLOD config which I think is the Iranian bullpup gun anim, will try to change the animation

Any particular reason that Hong Kong forces wouldn't be using existing PLA weapons at the beginning of independence during which this seems to be set? Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use the Katiba in place thereof for now like the PLA Infantry mod does (as to my knowledge the only Arma 3-native real-world-2013-PLA weapons thusfar are from VME).

Right now the Hong Kong Police and their Special Duties Unit still use NATO standard weaponry and follow British ranks and organisation, the SDU were set up and trained by the British SAS and English is still an official language together with Cantonese and now Mandarin. Funny thing was that after 1997 there was a drive to encourage the use of mother tongue Cantonese and Mandarin in Hong Kong local schools but all it managed to achieve was a disastrous lowering of English proficiency in local schools and made many kids less employable in the international job market today, now they are scrambling to reverse the damage.

For camo, the Police officers in the New Territories and the HKSDU still use pattern 68 and pattern 85 DPM, maybe for the future they could use MTP for a distinct identity? In addition, airsoft is a massive industry in Hong Kong with a shitload of uniform shops and tactical gear all over the place, perhaps any informal militia or armed groups could have any number of camo and gear combinations from across the world with varying levels of quality and authenticity.

Oh and one more thing, the mere mention of any topic fictional or not relating to the violation of 'One China' literally makes the CCP shit bricks, I wouldnt be surprised if someone in the Chinese government is watching this thread right now.

Edited by fludblud

Oh and one more thing, the mere mention of any topic fictional or not relating to the violation of 'One China' literally makes the CCP shit bricks, I wouldnt be surprised if someone in the Chinese government is watching this thread right now.

Then they should get some popcorn and keep on watching, because this is only my beginning of fictional Hong Kong :P

You could try your hand at trying to make some Chinese digital camo in MTP colors. But right now who else is using MTP besides the UK? Wasn't that something that Crye Precision made exclusive to them?

You could try your hand at trying to make some Chinese digital camo in MTP colors. But right now who else is using MTP besides the UK? Wasn't that something that Crye Precision made exclusive to them?

Well in the real world it may have been made primary for the UK Armed Forces. But this is the Armaverse, so anything is almost possible. My Nogovan Highland Rangers and Nogovan Paratroopers use MTP camo. :)

Edited by R0adki11

Well in the real world it may have been made primary for the UK Armed Forces. But this is the Armaverse, so anything is almost possible. My Nogovan Highland Rangers and Nogovan Paratroopers use MTP camo. :)

Well, as long as the Brits are ok with it, it's fine... :)

MTP Digital souds interesting but for some reason I like experimenting and I like the current camo with full set but if something better will come up as suggestion I will change it, gotta say the UV map for the model is a bit hard to map but thats normal :P either way MTP Digital would of be hard to find nor make but if you want I can make them have something that "looks" like Chinese digi camo's

As well, working on Glock 17 and AR-15/M4 Gen 2 import to the game!, gotta get lod's, config files and sizing done.

EDIT: So I managed to find the Digi Multicam - http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3595/digitalmulticamey6.jpg but as I was talking about Chinese digi camos, I could give them these looking like ones http://imgur.com/njWGdWh,fyzZ8b8,pwYACe0,lilxLsj

Edited by Sakai