Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

Hong Kong's Defense Forces

This is set in Armaverse in the 2035 so in ArmA 3 times, this is the best time to have it due its 2035... I think there is no need of further explanation why :P

Tried to rig the model and failed >.< so much stuff to lod and shite, never knew its such a hard work!

I've done guns in Oxygen but player models... Its like maths to me...

That's respectable. They are just trying to help you with your story. That's all. I sorta agree with them on the storyline, but it's good to see you defend your story and your decision for your story.

But I have a suggestion: You know, you could very much make it more plausible if the HKIM banded together with pirates and sort of took over the city. Basically everything in your story stays the same, except China doesn't grant them independence. Then, ROHK (Republic of Hong Kong) could be like the ROC in that regard. As relations between China and the West deteriorated, the West could have covertly supported the seizing of Hong Kong. With Western support, as in the case of Taiwan, China could be kind of held at bay from retaking the city. So, then, it becomes a second Taiwan, although separate. Are you open to this suggestion? It only changes a little, yet makes it just a bit more plausible.

If you'd accept this proposal, then I'd also suggest setting it a little before 2035. Because, by 2035, China and the US are in a proxy war, and I'd bet that the ROHK would be preoccupied with fighting Chinese forces.

That's respectable. They are just trying to help you with your story. That's all. I sorta agree with them on the storyline, but it's good to see you defend your story and your decision for your story.

But I have a suggestion: You know, you could very much make it more plausible if the HKIM banded together with pirates and sort of took over the city. Basically everything in your story stays the same, except China doesn't grant them independence. Then, ROHK (Republic of Hong Kong) could be like the ROC in that regard. As relations between China and the West deteriorated, the West could have covertly supported the seizing of Hong Kong. With Western support, as in the case of Taiwan, China could be kind of held at bay from retaking the city. So, then, it becomes a second Taiwan, although separate. Are you open to this suggestion? It only changes a little, yet makes it just a bit more plausible.

If you'd accept this proposal, then I'd also suggest setting it a little before 2035. Because, by 2035, China and the US are in a proxy war, and I'd bet that the ROHK would be preoccupied with fighting Chinese forces.

That is sort of a good idea as in, HKIM and HKPF got rid of the Chinese Garrison and declares independence however China does not agree on it but has ceded fire for a bit and while it happened ROHK managed to establish Hong Kong Defense Forces and buy some equipment as well as received some as gifts from Western countries! Year? I guess 2033?

Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Philippines have created the South East Asian Anti-Threat Organization ((SEAATO)) which is simply similar to NATO and Republic of Hong Kong Joins it, once China regains its strenght it counter attacks Hong Kong, but HKDF do not fight alone but together with SEAATO.

Good enough? ;)

P.S. If anyone wants to join me in the adventure of making this mod awesome let me know ;)

Edited by Sakai

The catalyst for war could be if Guangdong Province or Guangzhou/Shenzen agree to join Hong Kong as a breakaway province. An Island based on Macau would be so cool!

The catalyst for war could be if Guangdong Province or Guangzhou/Shenzen agree to join Hong Kong as a breakaway province. An Island based on Macau would be so cool!

I had that in mind as well! As Macau could join Hong Kong under one rule of Hong Kong, only if Hong Kongnese Defense Forces will managed to break though Chinese lines ;)

Edited by Sakai

Little heads up lads! thanks to stalkergb the character model is being rigged! as well as A3 face and skin applied! so very big thank you to him <3

So heads up for screenies of the character ingame ;)

As well weaponry... As some people suggested using Chinese rifle, I surely can get my hands on QBZ-95 but before I even try to, would you guys really want to see that or perhaps something more unique aka western?

If you have ideas for weapons please write them down ;) e.g. Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, LMG, MG and so on!

Because what I think is... its 2033 China probably would of come up with new assault rifle for its troops?

Edited by Sakai

HK, MaCau and Guangzhou are all Guangdongwa (Cantonese) speakers of Chinese whereas Shenzhen folks are Putonghua speakers (Mandarin) of Chinese and although it is the economic zone bordering HK and now surpassing HK in just about everyway ( I live exactly 4 train stations away from Shenzhen and frequent it at least once a month ) I seriously doubt they will annex with the Republic of Hong Kong. Every time I go there and speak Cantonese, they get pissed off, so I now stick to Mandarin.

Shenzhen was set up by Deng Xiaopang and they are PRO Beijing. It lies right smack in the middle of Guangdongwa speakers but the hostilities and anger is quite evident of the two. Believe me on this. I see it EVERYDAY on the train I take to work which is full of Shenzhen mainlanders going to HK Disneyland.........they can barely tolerate each other.

So, yes, some of the ideas are plausible. The setup is there.

Here is Beijing Propaganda being set up in Hong Kong;

http://www.voanews.com/content/hong_kong_protest_school-based_chinese_propaganda/1449312.html

And of course American Propaganda movements in Hong Kong:

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-09-27/world/35275534_1_jimmy-lai-joseph-zen-hong-kong

But Japan? No way.

But Japan? No way.

Please understand In my fictional work there was no dispute over island simple, Hong Kong in my fictional work is different from China and has no problem with Japan...

Please dont turn this to be one of those Balkan nationalistic fight over a stupid modification to a game which in reality the game itself is fictional. Let Japan be one beside US... US is over used.

Either way thanks for the input! the videos gave me some support for the mod.

Even as the videos I watched said "Cantonese" is incomprehensive to Mainlander's language, so even here you can see there is a difference and by your real life experience you can say it is plausible and the hate is big between each other now nevertheless please lets be sensible I do not want mods locking the threat for the topic escalating way too much into nationalism.

Edited by Sakai

Little heads up lads! thanks to stalkergb the character model is being rigged! as well as A3 face and skin applied! so very big thank you to him <3

So heads up for screenies of the character ingame ;)

As well weaponry... As some people suggested using Chinese rifle, I surely can get my hands on QBZ-95 but before I even try to, would you guys really want to see that or perhaps something more unique aka western?

If you have ideas for weapons please write them down ;) e.g. Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, LMG, MG and so on!

Because what I think is... its 2033 China probably would of come up with new assault rifle for its troops?

Noooo. Chinese weapons. Please. QBZ-95 would be just fine. No western weapons.

As said before, it would stand to reason that initially the HK Garrison's weapons would probably still be around which is a simple enough excuse, others are already doing the work on Arma 3 versions so you can ask permission to use them (majoris received the VME team's permission to import VME PLA small arms from A2 and has proceeded to retexture) and don't worry about accessorizing them -- in real life they can take rails.

Aye will do it ;) Anything for you lads! but remember we must not create this to be just a copy of PLA!

Edited by Sakai

There are various cadet organisations in Hong Kong that maintain close relationships with their UK and Commonwealth equivalents, and still use Drill Purpose versions of the L85A1, L1A1 SLR and M16/C7. You might draw inspiration from that, or other small forces with close ties to the UK and Commonwealth like the Falkland Islands Defence Force, Bermuda Regiment, Royal Brunei Land Forces etc.

There are various cadet organisations in Hong Kong that maintain close relationships with their UK and Commonwealth equivalents, and still use Drill Purpose versions of the L85A1, L1A1 SLR and M16/C7. You might draw inspiration from that, or other small forces with close ties to the UK and Commonwealth like the Falkland Islands Defence Force, Bermuda Regiment, Royal Brunei Land Forces etc.

I will add other weapons to the mod as well but not as the main weapon for HKDF since people want QBZ family as main :)

Surely I will add weapons that Hong Kong Police Force use!

Apparently HKPD SDU keeps up to date with arms so perhaps HKDF can be a "hybrid" faction?

Apparently HKPD SDU keeps up to date with arms so perhaps HKDF can be a "hybrid" faction?

Yap, most of the personnel from HKPF transferred to HKDF when HKDF was created, HKPF SDU has some M4's, G36KV, MP5, AR-15, M16 and British L96A1 from my research.

In the Independence War pretty much SDU would of be used as the Special Forces for the HKIM. ((HKIM as in Future Government of Hong Kong)) and pretty much in command of new Hong Kong Special Operations Command

Edited by Sakai

Not quite the best fit for special ops in the "Western" military sense since they're law enforcement, so there'd be some growing pains to say the least... any idea for how to reflect that?

Not quite the best fit for special ops in the "Western" military sense since they're law enforcement, so there'd be some growing pains to say the least... any idea for how to reflect that?

"They were" law enforcement, as they transferred to HKDF and got trained by the British SAS? ;)

"They were" law enforcement, as they transferred to HKDF and got trained by the British SAS? ;)
But they were already SAS/SBS- trained... before the handover. ;) And I'm pretty sure that HKPD doesn't work like that... but HKDF having used former SDU as a cadre makes more sense.

Yap, most of the personnel from HKPF transferred to HKDF when HKDF was created, HKPF SDU has some M4's, G36KV, MP5, AR-15, M16 and British L96A1 from my resea...

Last time I visited the Police recreational centre's shooting range, they still have a few ancient FN-FAL in the armoury that belonged to the British Garrison lol! Anyway quite excited to see how this project turns out :)

Last time I visited the Police recreational centre's shooting range, they still have a few ancient FN-FAL in the armoury that belonged to the British Garrison lol! Anyway quite excited to see how this project turns out :)

Thanks for info! I will surely will write that down! ;)

v7y26f.png

Getting this friendo into the game will take sometime :) especially because there aint no custom anim to hold RPG-7V properly :P

((I hope this image is no bigger in file size than the rule says... Cant get a thumbnail style going and wont use postimage as it reduces the quality))

But this will be done last as at the moment I have no idea how to get model.cfg done for RPG yet... And If I wont learn they will have RPG32 from arma 3

Edited by Sakai

Given Western support, maybe West would be too far so they'd have ANZAC, South Korea, and Japan smuggle weapons to support the movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Ground_Self-Defense_Force#Small_arms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Korea_Army#Equipment_of_the_Republic_of_Korea_Army

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Army#Major_equipment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaponry_of_the_Australian_Army#Infantry_weapons

^ links for material. Obviously, not all of it, that would take years. But some random assorted weapons, with vehicles smuggled in.

Little update, slow one but as I said I dont have all time like I used to with ArmA 2 :P

Thanks to STALKERGB, without him I dont know how far I would of go, the model is getting converted into ArmA 3 system, he did a real awesome job but still more to go :P

hkdf.jpg Soldier has its ArmA 3 Face and Hands now

And a Vietnamese nostalgia! I present you M16A1 that HKPF used in the conflict ;)

R0StWU6l.png - Click to enlarge or simply click on this link - http://i.imgur.com/R0StWU6.png

Many stuff to fix on the gun, especially shadowLOD which causes crashes, either way thank you to GameBanana community for allowing me to use their models :) this model credit goes to user "tigg"!

I have managed to create all animations for this gun, from the chamber moving when firing, moving when reloading and so on so it will look splendid :)

Edited by Sakai