Sign in to follow this  
Mattar_Tharkari

OK .... so how do you get in and out of boats?

The marine content in A3 looks very impressive but I think how we interact with it needs some work.

1. I park my boat at the docks. How do I get from the boat onto the dock?

2. How do I get into a boat parked in at the dock?

3. We are at sea, boat A is damaged so we all want to get in boat B which is along side. How do we do that?

4. I fall in the sea, how do I get out of the sea into the boat (scroll menu doesn't work if you are in the water)?

Scroll menu in all cases. If it isn't working, you aren't in the right spot. To be fair, it seems pretty finicky when you are in the water. Keep trying!

It does seem to be working better since I did a full test but getting from boat to boat and from boat to dock still requires a swim?

It does seem to be working better since I did a full test but getting from boat to boat and from boat to dock still requires a swim?

If you are lined up correctly, you'll disembark onto the dock. It takes a little trial & error, but it works.

I should amend my first post - I'm not sure about boat-to-boat, as I've never tried it.

The embark options are on the left side of the boat.

I think when you get out it may be on the left as well so you have to park with that side.

Getting into boats when swimming next to them seems impossible sometimes. Pretty annoying.

If there isn't a feedback tracker bug report yet someone ought to make it someday.

I think boats should be designed so you can walk around on them or none of this is going to be very realistic?

If we had a jump action - you could then jump from boat onto the dock?

But the problems involved on walking inside vehicles is because the boat would move, and the player wouldn't. At least those where the problems that arma 2 mods had, but if they can it would be cool to go to a close boat.

Always been a little funny this series and boats. It has improved, but it will always be a case of being in the right spot for things to work.

Boat to boat, great idea, never needed to use that myself up until now, but would be great now the sea plays a much larger part in the game..:)

I think we need options to get on/off from any side of the boats since in reality u can board a open style boat hull from anywhere.

I also have difficulty trying to climb into a boat in A3 atm

Aren't you just supposed to go onboard from the rear, when in the water ? Just like you can't enter a car from the hood, say

With many boats the rear would be the better or only option from the water but with things like zodiacs i would say not. It really comes down to the actual boats design.

Getting into boats when swimming next to them seems impossible sometimes. Pretty annoying.

If there isn't a feedback tracker bug report yet someone ought to make it someday.

I don't know if you have ever tried to climb into a boat in deep water without some help. Its hard. Especially if you are soaking wet and carrying gear. Small boats tend to have low gunwales within easy reach but also have more of a tendency to tip/capsize. Larger boats have higher gunwales can be are hard to reach from the water.

But the problems involved on walking inside vehicles is because the boat would move, and the player wouldn't. At least those where the problems that arma 2 mods had, but if they can it would be cool to go to a close boat.

The solution would be to move the players unit along with the vehicle he's standing on, detected via collision. If the overall velocity is too high the player could maybe ragdoll.

The solution would be to move the players unit along with the vehicle he's standing on, detected via collision. If the overall velocity is too high the player could maybe ragdoll.

Yeah, but that's the problem i don't know if the game engine could make the player unit move along with the vehicle, since that's what i've seen modder having problems with