Sign in to follow this  
PSC

New addon: an ultralight trike

Hey guys! I made a new addon for OFP:R. You might wanna try it. It's an ultralight trike (motor-glider). There are three versions. One with MG, a bomb version, and a passenger version. You find it in the editor at ''Resistance --> Air --> UL Trike (X)''

An image:

ul_trike.jpg

And a DL link:

Ultralight Trike Addon

Till later, PSC

It only works with resistance due to the so called "Muzzle-Flash-Bug". I guess I don't have to explain what it does.

PSC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 19 2002,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks great, but why is it for Resistance only?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, everyone is going to get resistance anyway so whats the big deal? biggrin.gifwink.gif

But why a PDF readme?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 19 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But why a PDF readme?<span id='postcolor'>

Because it is more exciting wink.gif

PSC

*edit*

Damn grammar. You always see a mistake after you pushed the "Post" button mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ July 19 2002,21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 19 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But why a PDF readme?<span id='postcolor'>

Because it is more excyting wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But no-one is going to read it though (At least I dont go through the trouble of downloading that stoopid adobe thing just to view the readme) tounge.gif

Nice addon, although I think you should add OFPEC tags to the classnames and the PBO, just to avoid conflicts, and add some LOD levels to it.

Well, up to now I thought everybody had the Adobe Acrobat reader. But looks like I was wrong wink.gif

The LOD's, yes. Damn. I admit, I was a bit lazy.

PSC

Yes, a very nice addon indeed! I'm having tons of fun just by flying around and crash into mountains!

Now i'm gonna test some stingers on the fella... biggrin.gif

Depends on my mood wink.gif

PSC

P.S.: Hey, every second post is mine biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ July 19 2002,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Depends on my mood wink.gif

PSC

P.S.: Hey, every second post is mine biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Doh... Not anymore

PSC

I thought everyone had acrobat reader also. It's been in the standard apps package so long I tend to forget that there are those that don't use it. PDF does offer some advantages over text docs but I guess for things like this it may be a little much.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HHwildcard @ July 19 2002,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PLEASE MAKE A COPY FOR US OPERATION FLASHPOINT NORMAL USERS<span id='postcolor'>

So are people who have Resistance paranormal? wow.gif

Resistance can't be found in some countries yet, keg. It was supposed to come out the 28th of june in all Europe, but for example here in Spain it came out yesterday, so i still don't have it.

But you could have ordered it in some other country. For instance at www.amazon.co.uk. They will ship it to you then (ok, ok, you have to pay a few more bucks then, but thats the own disadvantage).

PSC

Nevermind, i've modified the config.cpp so it works in 1.46

Good work, it looks great and is fun to pilot. But there is one bad thing, the aim for the mg is blocked. There is a part of the ultralight just in the center of the cockpit and you can't aim the mg because you can't see what is just in front of you sad.gif

Yeah, thats bad indeed. But that rod is needed for stability. In real life you could move your head a slight bit to the left or right. unfortunately thats not yet possible in OFP.

I just did not get any good solution in my head to get around this without removing the rod. But the rod is a must.

PSC

Nice work, just have one question why does it have to be so hard to do a turn??

Can´t you just extract the PBO and change the patch from 1.47 to 1.46 ?

It worked with the Speeder bike so..

I have Resistance and don´t think I can check it properly now anyway.

Nice addon...but two small nitpicks:

1. It handles very poorly (turns etc.) was it designed for joystick use, because I don't use one...

2. The "paintjob" is too bright, makes it look almost cartoonish.

Other than that, excellent addon!  smile.gif

<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can´t you just extract the PBO and change the patch from 1.47 to 1.46 ?

It worked with the Speeder bike so..

<span id='postcolor'>

If you change the required Version from 1.47 to 1.10 and get rid of the CfgModels section it will work even without RES. But I made use of the hidden Selection feature for instance to hide the machine gun and the bombs on the cargo vesion, and without the CfgModels part you will always see everything which is just wrong. This feature is good to keep the size of the model low. Otherwise I would have to create three differet models, and the size would nearly triplicated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Nice addon...but two small nitpicks:

1. It handles very poorly (turns etc.) was it designed for joystick use, because I don't use one...

2. The "paintjob" is too bright, makes it look almost cartoonish.

Other than that, excellent addon!<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the nice words, but let me comment the critics. Actually I've never flown such an ultralight plane. So my experience regarding flight behaviour ain't too big. But when I was fifteen I did some soar in some other glider planes as a hobby. I might be wrong, but I imagine that these UL planes are just not made for acrobatic flying as on an airshow. To fly an ultralight like this is a very sedative way of flying I imagine. This together with the fact that OFP is not a flight sim like MS Flight Simulator, where you can probably set up every sophisticated aerodynamical behaviour, I think it behaves just well. And yes, I'm using a joystick. Even one with a slider for the speed-control, and a z-axis. But I tested it with a mouse too, and did not realize any too big disadvantages. Just try to avoid too steep curves ;)

And about the textures; I cannot say anything to that. You are the first who told me about it. I thought they would be just fine. Maybe your computer/monitor uses completely different color settings, or we just have a different color perception.

PSC out

*edit*

argh, damn, again I found a misspelling...</span></span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ July 19 2002,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey guys! I made a new addon for OFP:R. You might wanna try it. It's an ultralight trike (motor-glider). There are three versions. One with MG, a bomb version, and a passenger version. You find it in the editor at ''Resistance --> Air --> UL Trike (X)''

An image:

ul_trike.jpg

And a DL link:

Ultralight Trike Addon

Till later, PSC<span id='postcolor'>

SWEEEEEEEEEET SH1T MAN!!!!!!!!!

Very nice mod. Within 20 seconds I was on the desert island, working out the exact timing to dropping 2 bad ass dumb bombs on a T80.

Can't wait to fly through the lovely valleys and over the foothilsNogova has to offer.